Eternity's Child Status Update

Posted by Corbie Dillard

If you're wondering what ever happened to Eternity's Child, wonder no more.

You may have noticed that it's been quite awhile since we've heard any news on Alten8's upcoming WiiWare title Eternity's Child.

Well we managed to get in contact with Alten8 regarding a status update on the title and CEO Paul Andrews was kind enough to give us a little information regarding the game's current status.

Yes it is our intention to release [Eternity's Child] as soon as possible, but the original PC code as supplied to us for porting has had to be extensively reworked, to ensure the problems and complaints voiced by users of the PC version which was not done by us, are rectified for the WiiWare version. So whilst it will be the 'same' game it will be an Alten8 WiiWare version, as opposed to the version put out on PC by the original coders who are not connected in any way to Alten8.

We'll have more information on Eternity's Child as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

That was nice of Paul to get in touch with us so quickly about the game's status. I'm happy to see that it's still being worked on and planned for a WiiWare release. :)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Corbie, good job on getting us the story so fast! I hope that they can get it done soon! This is beginning to look like a pretty good year for WiiWare!:)

Bensei

Bensei said:

I hope it comes soon. Around July would be nice, something to celebrate my graduation :)

KoKoO_Psy

KoKoO_Psy said:

People still care about this......
Sounds to me as the original code was so messed up, they had to rework the whole thing. Meh!

y2josh

y2josh said:

Recoding is probably going to raise the price.

OT - Happy national hospital week everybody, hope you had a good one :D

Esposch

Esposch said:

Wait what?
America has a national hospital week but they're the only developed country in the world not to have national hospitals!?

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I wonder what Luc Bernard has to say about this? LUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC. Hello? You there? You got an opinion?

Knux

Knux said:

It's good to hear that the game is still being developed. I thought it was canceled.

Neomega

Neomega said:

We also don't have national health care or bad teeth.

(that was a lil harsh)

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Well I'll be. I'm very glad it's not dead in the water.

EDIT: Good luck to Alten 8, too. It really sounds like they're trying to address gamer concerns rather than just slapping something together and blaming any problems on the original build. That's a really noble thing they're doing, and now I'd definitely give it a chance.

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Well I would love to see it come soon to WiiWare, but with such a little company, what about our Recession, what if it hits them??

Crazed

Crazed said:

I thought that this was graveware, but I'm very excited to see that this is still coming. This game has been anticipated for so long that I'm glad Alten8 is still working on it. Good luck, Alten8.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Awesome news! Even if they aren't able to fix everything, it's good to know that it is coming!

Esposch

Esposch said:

@ Neomega
I don't have health care. I know that your government's lack of regulation in the banking sector messed up the whole world's economy. I know that now the education in America is one of the worst in any developed countries. But hey, at least you get to use huge bombs to kill terrorists. Three cheers for Bush! Here's hoping Obama does an even better job than he did.

LucBernard

LucBernard said:

I just hope it comes out this summer, our contract with them ends soon, so hopefully they can release it before.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ Esposch - Now that comment was no more mature than NeoMega's was. Do we really need to do this whole "Europe vs. USA" thing. Both countries have their share of screw-ups, no need to start an argument about it. And don't use the "F" word on the comments again please. :)

Objection

Objection said:

@Esposch- Are you trying to say that Australia is super amazing? Feel free to elaborate how. ALso, all countries have their flaws. The US is one of the most powerful but is also one of the most flawed.
@Luc-Damn, but I'm surrounded by them!!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Luc:
In theory, if your contract with Alten 8 ran out before the game was released, what would that mean for the game? Would they no longer even have to finish it? Or would it just be out of your hands as far as creative control?

LucBernard

LucBernard said:

no once our contract ends it means we get the game back, and could release it on wiiware ourselves, but I would prefer them to finish it since I have several other projects to look after

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Eposche. There's no reason you should bring politics into this. Yes, our country sucks, but Australia ain't that great either.

Also, I don't give a crap about Eternity's Child anymore...

Nero

Nero said:

So I guess no new content for the PC version anytime soon then? Oh well, I enjoyed the time I had with it.

motang

motang said:

Good as this one is on my list to buy, but sadly I had forgotten about it as it has been quite in Eternity's camp. Glad to hear it's not dropped and looking forward to buying it.