Digital Leisure Announces Copter Crisis for WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Use your Wii Remote to fly your helicopter on many challenging missions.

Digital Leisure has just announced yet another new WiiWare title they have coming up. Copter Crisis puts you in control of your helicopter, where you'll get to use your Wii Remote as your control stick. You'll also have to respond to the various missions the game assigns you.

We've only been able to get the one promo shot below, but they promise to have us some more screenshots in the near future. We'll post them when they become available. Until then you can check out the snippet taken from their official web site below that provides a bit of information about the game.

You're in the pilot seat now!

Copter Crisis puts you in the pilot’s seat! As a member of the elite Helicopter Rescue Squadron you’ll be assigned to respond to any type of emergency anywhere at anytime. As the most recent member joining this elite rescue squad, you’ll have to complete training missions and get yourself comfortable with the latest in helicopter rescue technology. Once the Captain thinks you’re ready, you’ll be tasked with executing rescue missions all around the Black Wolf Canyon.

Your Wii Remote™ becomes the control stick as you guide your copter along the canyons while avoiding falling rocks, severe weather conditions and even anti-aircraft fire! You’ll be charged with rescuing lost hikers, delivering supplies to remote areas, assisting on scientific missions and even blasting your way into hidden underground cavern systems. Complete all of your objectives and rise through the ranks to take on the toughest of rescues.

Untitled

Knux

Knux said:

This game is iffy...
I'll reserve my judgement until later.

Toddr

Toddr said:

This sounds promising. I just bought an RC helicopter using all my DSi money, but it's almost always too windy to fly it. Hopefully this will be a good substitute.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

KDR_11k hit it on the head. I'll reserve judgment until the title is released, but the amateur PovRay rendering of the chopper isn't giving me confidence.

(As I recall, these guys previously did Sodoku WiiWare and the Labyrinth WiiWare game.)

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

Toddr, I get you... I have an RC also (Belt-CP) and not only is it often too windy to fly it, it's pricey as hell to fix when I crash... which, you know, is inevitable. I got a sick sim called Aerofly Professional Deluxe to "feed the need" though. I'm hoping this game is good enough to warrant the purchase, but even if I get it, I won't take it too seriously.

Toddr

Toddr said:

I predict it will be 700 points. And 100 points for each new copter.

Machu

Machu said:

Ah sweet! Need a chopper game and the whole wii-mote joystick thing sounds like a winner. I buy it!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

There is a decentish copter game on the Wii, but I didn't fancy it. However, if this works out, I'm up for it on wiiware. We need more info, screenshots, gameplay footage etc.

rustythekid

rustythekid said:

I hear Desert Strike!!! that game will never get released on the VC :(
I hope this turns out good.

Toddr

Toddr said:

@LEGEND MARIOID

Do you mean that minicopter game? I was thinking about getting it, but most places say it's bad.

MickEiA

MickEiA said:

Well digital leisure graphics are always bad we'll see if the gameplays good

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Sudoku Challenge was good, TIM was meh but not that bad, and Pojer was dull. This has potential.