Top 20 WiiWare Games in USA (15th Apr)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Wednesday again which can only mean one thing.

It's time to take a look at the most popular WiiWare titles available in the Wii Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to your Wii Shop channel, heading into the WiiWare section and then viewing "Popular Games". It's that simple! Trust us, if we can do it, anyone can.

We compile this list using the USA region Wii Shop channel, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is a measure of actual sales made recently, not of the total time the game has been available for sale.

Here is the list for the 15th of April:
16 (15) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
17 (19) - Sandy Beach
18 (16) - Wild West Guns
19 (14) - Midnight Bowling
20 (17) - Bomberman Blast

* (N) - Denotes a new entry on the Top 20

While the "Big Three" remain intact this week, My Pokemon Ranch is making a rather strong comeback and is all the way back up to #4 and threatening to break into the Big Three's stronghold. It would seem that Pokemon fever has struck again.

This week also welcomes two new WiiWare titles to the Top 20 party with the debuts of Bonsai Barber and Equilibrio on the WiiWare charts.

The big climber this week was Bonsai Barber, which jumped from all the way off the charts up to #13. The biggest droppers this week were Bit.Trip Beat and Midnight Bowling, both of which dropped five spots to #9 and #19 respectively.

We also saw TV Show King and Tiki Towers finally drop off the charts completely this week. Only time will tell if these two titles will enjoy any type of resurgence and pop back onto the Top 20 in weeks to come.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Same old same old...
It's good to see MB finally starting to die off, and it makes sense that Pokemon Ranch is making a comeback, what teith the release of Platinum and all.

Oh, and first. :P

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Holy &%$#, Pokemon is at 4 and its not even a full Pokemon Game? Knocking Onslaught and Bit Trip down is unbeliveable.

Neomega

Neomega said:

We need to just slap Zelda at the end of Onslaught and see how it does

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Glad to see Bonsai Barber on the chart. It's one of my favorite WiiWare titles and I was sadly thinking it wouldn't chart at all. Hopefully the positive reviews are getting peole to give it a chance :)

Objection

Objection said:

It's due to Platinum comng out that people are foolishly downloading MPR again...God, I hate the multi version format.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I knew that Pokémon Platinum will help My Pokémon Ranch! (I wonder if this game can beat the top 3... especially My Aquarium...)

"We need to just slap Zelda at the end of Onslaught and see how it does"

• laughs out loud (in real life!) *
motang

motang said:

Ahh World of Goo...how I love you, and sure going to miss you when I leave on my trip tomorrow. :)

Flaviohmg

Flaviohmg said:

Nice to see my wonderful Onslaught on the list again! Bonsai Barber should be in a better place, but it's ok!

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Swedish top 20:
(-) 1 - Bubble Bobble Plus!
(2) 2 - World Of Goo
(20) 17 - Defend Your Castle
(18) 18 - Pop-Up Pirate!
(R) 19 - TV Show King
(R) 20 - Pop Them, Drop Them SameGame

AlphaNerd01

AlphaNerd01 said:

Wow! People in Sweden sure like Bubble Bobble. I wonder when the US will get that game...

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I think Bonsai Barber will make a run for the top 5 spot. Its funny I thought that game was going to be terrible but yet reviewers says it very cool.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Yeah, I know... The NES version of Bubble Bobble has been on the VC top 20 since release pretty much too... Also it seems to me that Swedes in general just really likes retro gaming. I mean, just look at how Mega Man 9 is performing. More than half a year after release it's still in top 10 when it in most regions has dropped much further down, in many instances out entirely. Here it hasn't dropped lower than 6th as far as I can recall...

Pikamander2

Pikamander2 said:

I knew this would happen when Platinum came out. Just check the comment I posted on the Top 20 Games a few weeks ago. :P

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I made this list yesterday thinking Corbie would do it at the start of his day, but only a couple of things changed places:

Japan Top 20:

1. Game of Life (I haven't been tracking it, but it's been number one pretty much since it went on sale a month or so ago)
2. Takahashi Meijin's Adventure Island Wii
3. Hot 12 Game Furi Furi Party
4. My Pokemon Ranch Platinum (see in Japan they actually added that word)
5. Bomberman Blast
6. Pole's Big Adventure (just pushed out of the top 5 for the first time in ages)
7. Kimi to Boku to Rittai (Go Go Eno!)
8. Puzzle Bobble Wii
9. Everybody Taisen Puzzle Shanghai Wii
10. Rockman 9
11. Asoberu Ehon Tobida Sugoroku! (An original board game title with a pop-up book look to it)
12. Mr. Driller World
13. Madsecta (Onslaught)
14. Final Fantasy My Life as a King
15. 1 Nuku! Dasshutsu Game: My Home Hen
16. Blue Oasis (My Aquarium -- see not in the top 5 everywhere!)
17. Tetris Party
18. Kotoba No Puzzle Mojipittan Wii
19. Dr. Mario and Germ Buster
20. Tsuppari Sumoo Wii Heya (the new Sumo game that just came out Tuesday breaks into the chart and knocks out Okiraku Slot Car Racing)

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I wasn't here last week and noone else bothered to post the list so I have to compare the positions to two weeks ago. Not that serious since the WW update only happened last friday so I doubt we missed much.

Germany:
(1) 1 Texas Hold'Em Tournament
(2) 2 My Aquarium
(4) 3 Onslaught
(3) 4 World of Goo
(5) 5 FUN! FUN! Minigolf
(6) 6 TV Show King
(-) 7 Bubble Bobble Plus!
(10) 8 Bomberman Blast
(14) 9 My Pokemon Ranch
(-) 10 Equilibrio
(8) 11 Tetris Party
(9) 12 Brain Challenge
(7) 13 Snowboard Riot
(11) 14 Pop-Up Pirate!
(-) 15 Family & Friends Party
(18) 16 FFCCMLaaK
(20) 17 Defend Your Castle
(16) 18 LostWinds
(15) 19 SAMEGAME
(13) 20 Midnight Bowling

Well, a lot of shuffling but maybe that's caused by the longer update interval. As in the US MPR jumped up a few spots though not nearly as many. Poker holds onto the top spot, World of Goo exits the top 3. All three new games ranked but no games besides them entered the top 20. The obligatory three dropouts were The Incredible Maze, Cue Sports and Family Table Tennis. It looks like the charts can only sustain one game with Family in the title at the same time.

Ratengo

Ratengo said:

@Sean: '15. 1 Batsuke! Tatsu Shutsu Game * My Home Humi'

The game's title is actually '1 Nuku! Dasshutsu Game: My Home Hen'. I usually add Japanese titles to the WiiWare list on Wikipedia every Friday so it may be a good idea to check that page if you are unsure. Otherwise, thank you for the Japan top 20 list. Very interesting! :)

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

I am ever so late today, sorry chaps... UK chart:

1 (1) - Texas Hold’em Tournament
2 (2) - My Aquarium
3 (3) - World of Goo
4 (4) - Onslaught
5 (5) - Pop-Up Pirate!
6 (N) - Bubble Bobble Plus!
7 (7) - My Pokemon Ranch
8 (6) - Snowboard Riot
9 (10) - Bomberman Blast
10 (N) - Equilibrio
11 (9) - The Incredible Maze
12 (8) - Defend Your Castle
13 (11) - TV Show King
14 (13) - FUN! FUN! Minigolf
15 (14) - Tetris Party
16 (12) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King
17 (15) - LostWinds
18 (16) - CueSports - Snooker vs. Billiards
19 (19) - Brain Challenge
20 (17) - Space Invaders Get Even

Our two new entries have ousted Wild West Guns and SAMEGAME from this week's chart.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

@Ratengo: Cheers I've changed it. It's difficult with the kanji all having multiple pronunciations and meanings (and given the names of past Japanese games without knowing what the game is exactly it could still have been anything!), so I just took a stab at it.

Nice to see Space Invaders still hanging in there in the UK!

Dancy

Dancy said:

I am scared to buy Equilibrio for some reason? I even have the Wii Fit board to play along..... Are you guys sure it is any fun???