Telltale Says Strong Bad Game Sales Double, More WiiWare Titles Coming

Posted by Nathanial Burrer

Telltale Games, the people behind Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People have had great success recently. Does this mean they'll be pushing quality titles?

Nintendo’s SD card update announcement at GDC, evidently, has served more than us fans. Telltale Games recently sent out a press release stating that sales of Strong Bad’s Cool game for Attractive People have “more than doubled” since Iwata's good news at GDC.

Even better news: these increased sales have inspired Telltale Games to continue creating new games. Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games, said "this is a major step forward for episodic gaming. We're looking forward to even greater success on WiiWare with Strong Bad, as well as other projects."

What kind of projects are they planning on coming up with? Possibly picking up another iconic internet figure? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Atlantis: I'm also happy they're buying :)

Storage was never a problem with me, I transferred games to SD when I completed them, then bought a new game, I never had to have more than 5 at a time on the Wii menu myself.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I can has Wallace and Gromit, plz.
Or maybe bite sized chunks of Sam and Max, since it could spread the word about the games and get more people interested.

VenomTheEvil

VenomTheEvil said:

Wiiloveit

Since its on a disc already on Wii sam and max is unlikely

But I do hope for Wallace and Gromit!

minimario_man

minimario_man said:

Do a weebl and bob game! It could be full of cameo apearences such as catface and the parsley boobs couple!

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Yeah... It's just a shame Nintendo was too stupid to have this storage solution put in the DSi.... So now we get to deal with no memory all over again for probably another year. Yey!!!!

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I'm glad the Strong Bad games are doing well. Maybe they should give Homestar his own game now. Another series i'd like to see is Bone (provided liscensing isn't the problem).

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I don't like the strong bad games but this is good news for the wiiware service. However, this is NO suprise. This was obviously going to happen once a decent storage solution was intiated! The storage solution therefore should've happened sooner eh nintendo? Anyway, I'm not into the ultra-nicheness of this game but all power to you if you are.

Neomega

Neomega said:

I just want a wii with a big-ass harddrive and better ram and memory and stuff!

motang

motang said:

See Nintendo, you guys should have put a hard drive into Wii from day one.

Aardvark_Soup

Aardvark_Soup said:

Awesome. Although Strong Bad wasn't as good Sam & Max (that would be pretty hard actually) the episodes still were very entertaining and funny. However, since the games are much cheaper for the PC (thanks to the low dollar course) I don't think I'm gonna download the next season on WiiWare.

AL3X_M

AL3X_M said:

I'd like to see some original Sam & Max mysteries on WiiWare, this is great that they want to continue working on the Wii

Nero

Nero said:

Not surprised. I I hadn't bought a wiivware game for like 2-3 months because of the storage problem, but now I don't have to worry about space anymore. Also, good for them.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@LEGEND MARIOID: Of course it's not a surprise, but it's still good to hear it confirmed from a developer instead of being forced to just assume it.

@siavm: It won't be very bloody long before they DO need to, though, and it would have behooved Nintendo to avoid the problem coming up in the first place. I've downloaded a lousy TWO titles and already I'm out nearly a fifth of the darned thing's internal memory!

As far as Sam & Max Season 1 goes, I wouldn't advise ANYBODY to buy it. The technical problems in the game completely ruined the experience for me and I gave up in frustration after fighting my way through episode 2. I can tell it's a fun game, but I'd advise people to get the PC version, or maybe the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade version (assuming it's ported better than the Wii mess). If they fixed all the horrible glitches and put it on WiiWare, I'd say buy that if you have no other options.

I'm very glad the games are doing so well now, and even happier that they're planning to do more! Bring it on, Telltale!