Vogster Entertainment has just announced their new upcoming title Robocalypse - Beaver Defense that will be coming to the WiiWare service this summer. You can check out the official press release below for more information on the game as well as some of the unique features the game will employ.
NEW YORK, NY, April 7, 2009 -Vogster Entertainment, an international developer and publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced a new addition to its critically acclaimed, robot warfare-themed Robocalypse™ franchise with Robocalypse - Beaver Defense. The new game is a “tower defense” style action title planned as a WiiWare™ download for Europe and North American customers in summer 2009.
“We are excited to deliver Robocalypse - Beaver Defense as a convenient and accessible WiiWare download,” said Alan Martin, Producer at Vogster Entertainment. “Written by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants™) and Micah Wright, the story is hilarious and offers a fitting back drop for this fast-paced, tongue-in-cheek game where the player must thwart the plans of a maniacal beaver.”
- Tower Defense Strategy - Stop the enemies before they get to your HQ and destroy it.
- Hilarious Storyline - Written by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants) and Micah Wright.
- Hero M.I.T.E.! (More Important Than Ever!) - Directly control one of the Hero robots - moving battle towers that are the Thermidoom company's pride and joy.
- Outrageous Weapons - Heroes and towers can unleash spectacular weapons like flame throwers, chainsaws, and falling anvils - all to fortify the HQ.
- On-the-Fly Upgrades - Automatically use defeated enemy scraps to apply upgrades, build new robots, and place more towers.
- Online Competition - Internet play on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection supports up to four (4) players.
- 2 Multiplayer Modes - "Last Man Standing" (last remaining HQ wins0, "Best Defender" (play against time for the most points).
Robocalypse - Beaver Defense will offer madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction in a tower defense-style game. Set in a world of wise-cracking, battling robots, players will need to create and strategically position static and mobile defenses to stop the waves of enemies that are intent on destroying the player’s HQ. Robocalypse - Beaver Defense will offer upgradable skills, weapons, hero units and defenses to be used in single-player and up to four-player multiplayer mayhem. It is the follow up title to 2008’s critically received Nintendo DS™ real-time strategy game, Robocalypse.
We'll have more information on Robocalypse - Beaver Defense as it becomes available, as well as a full review once the game hits the WiiWare service this summer.