New Wii Punch-Out Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Want some new Wii Punch-Out screenshots? We've got a few!

We were able to get our hands on a group of brand new Punch-Out screenshots for the upcoming Wii release. As you can see, the game is shaping up quite nicely and looking like the Punch-Out game Wii fans have been hoping for.

The screens show King Hippo, Von Kaiser, Disco Kid, and Glass Joe getting pummeled by Mac. Hopefully you’ll be doing the same thing on May 18th when this hits North America. This is definitely one Wii release to keep an eye on.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We'll have more information on Punch-Out as it becomes available, as well as a full review once the title hits the Wii later this year.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

still looks dark and dull. i hope they make the backgrounds more colourful soon.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I agree. The foreground visuals look nice, but the backgrounds look bland by comparison.

Deleted

Deleted said:

I'm not sure what I think about this. I think it's just too hard to capture the charm of the NES game. Maybe this'll be cool, but it just looks artistically cheap. Perhaps it's just me.

At any rate, they need to add Soda Popinski, only this time cut the BS and call him Vodka Drunkenski. But that's not going to happen until human intelligence starts being ever-so-slightly less of an oxymoron to allow such a thing.

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

Artistically cheap?
Did you see this in motion?

I think is very well animated, unless of course, that you are too closed minded with the NES version, or tought that this needed a more realistic makeover, that IMO is not like any Punch-out!!

...Or any other reason.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I've seen it in action. There are these really funny intro scenes that seem to show the lifestyle of each boxer, and there are short funny discussions between each round (I remember this one where Doc Louis offered to buy Mac a choocolate bar). I think there's an option to select a boxer individually (like in Super PO!!) There was an article that seemed to confirm Don Flamenco is in the game too.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Really looking forward to giving this a go, but I hope that the characters aren't too big, because they look to take up half of the screen in the images above!

Ren

Ren said:

looks great to me. There are a lot of original fans to please here and the proportions are as they always were as well as the simple graphics. If the gameplay is on like it was I think it'll be a hit. Yeah the back grounds are weirdly brown and dull but I think they're trying to add just a twinge of old timey realism without sacrificing the original cartoony look of everything else; kind of an odd balance.

Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner said:

It's a shame that this game has only 1 new character and that Super Punch-Out has more characters then this game. It's pretty sad if you ask me.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Personally I think the backgrounds are about on par with the SNES game, they're not bright, but if you watch boxing on TV, the crowd generally isn't lit up anyway

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Judging from the screens and videos I've seen, I think this game is going to capture the charm of the NES version. It looks like a pretty faithful update to the next-generation.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

You have to see the game in motion to really appreciate what's going on here. These screenshots don't do the game justice.