New Bit.Trip Game Teaser Image

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Gaijin Games has sent us over a new teaser image for their upcoming Bit.Trip title. While we'd love to tell you the name of the game, Gaijin Games has asked us to keep it under our hats until they have a chance to make a formal announcement of the game.

It shouldn't be too much longer until the game is officially announced and you can be sure we'll be on top of it when that time comes. Until then you can check out the teaser image below.

Untitled

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Sorry man. I usually don't care much about firsties, but Bit.Trip deserves it. :P

I cannot wait to hear more about this. Bit.Trip Beat was excellent, but left some room for improvement. There is every chance that the next game in the series could be downright perfect.

Adam

Adam said:

About the picture... Like Star Wolf would say... What the heck?
I can't think of any classic game that looks like this. I really like the flashy Atari look of Beat. I hope this isn't a screen shot of the game in action. Doesn't look that interesting. Oh well, I will keep the faith!

Crazed

Crazed said:

Absolute complete guess on the title. With the ominous cross, would it be too soon to call it Bit. Trip: Cross?

Also, I remember in a Nintendo channel interview with Gaijin that development for BTB only took about 4 months. Hopefully BT? will come August/September (considering the games are similar.)

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

I mean, I'm excited too, but how do we know what this is all about with a teaser image lol? Everyone all like "I WANT THIS" and the image is only a teaser hehe. I'm sure it'll be another great title though. :)

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

dang, they're churning them out, aren't they? definitely adding this to the list of stuff i'm looking forward to :D

DaVeMaN99

DaVeMaN99 said:

Wait now im confused.
Are the Bit Trip titles going to be like Art Style titles, how each one is completely different, but just used Bit Trip to show that its in same category?

I hope so, because Bit Trip Beat was so fresh and unique, and if they just add some more songs and different pong balls, it will not feel as fresh. Il buy it either way though!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Yeah, the idea was to have a bunch of different games with a few shared themes that tell the story of "Commander Video".

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

How about cash in on the rhythm/action genre with Bit.Trip Bongos? :P

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

They could call it Bit.Trip Your Mom as long as it kicks as much ass as the first game. Put me down for an instant purchase.

eugenewrayburn

eugenewrayburn said:

Look at the screen shot though - looks like the pointer function. I bet you are aiming that cross thing that is shooting out that beam of light.....

Popyman

Popyman said:

No idea what that pic could mean (gameplay wise) but it looks awesome anyway!

VGM

VGM said:

Ah man I think Chicken Brutus got it correct.Bit.Trip.Brutus.Aw I should have known.LOL

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

Beat teaser art said exactly nothing about the game, so I'm not gonna speculate. Cool picture though. As for the game, yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and assume it'll be awesome.

Objection

Objection said:

Isn't each game supposed to play different? So maybe this is a shmup? ;) But I wouldn't mind an improved update to BTB.

Syr

Syr said:

It has to be a shooter right? I mean it's the paddle from BTB morphed into a spaceship firing a laser at ambiguous, colorful blobs!

Plus a Bit Trip: Blast game would be so awesome.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

"Bit.Trip. Destruction" is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the image. Maybe it'll be like asteroids or something...

Oh yeah what do I win if I guess both scenario and title correctly?

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

"Check out the new teaser image for Gaijin Games' new upcoming Bit.Tip WiiWare title."

Looks like it could be a shooter. Bit.Trip.Xevious :)

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

@Eugene
Nice call on the beam of light! I kind of was looking at it like the output of some outerspace type jet engines, but its starting to look like a beam of light to me.
Bit.Trip Beam?

iphys

iphys said:

Hmmm, I believe that is the same shape we see in the background in Bit.Trip Beat right before the Growth boss.

Ho11oWxxMaN

Ho11oWxxMaN said:

Looks good. I can't get passed Growth on Bit Trip Beat, though. My guess at the tile...

Bit. Trip. Blast.