Namco Bandai Turns Up The Heat With Cook Or Be Cooked

Posted by Damien McFerran

A realistic Cooking Mama?

'Casual' gaming on the Wii is currently big business so we probably shouldn't be surprised that Namco Bandai - along with Ghostbusters developer Red Fly Studios - is working on a 'serious' cooking title.

Food Network: Cook or be Cooked contains a fully-stocked kitchen and will attempt to give a more true-to-life representation of the art of cuisine than fellow Wii title Cooking Mama.

Interestingly, the game is set to make use of the Wii MotionPlus add-on. We assume that when it comes to chopping that veg, you need as accurate a control system as possible.

Terra

Terra said:

While it's nice to see a realistic cooking game finally, I'm going to have to say that I'll pass. Firstly, because i could use that money to buy the ingredients to create an actual meal, so this would seem like a waste of my money. Not saying that I think it'll be bad, i just think it's more worth it to actual create a proper meal.

Secondly, I just prefer cooking games that are more cartoonish like Cooking Mama. Got the 2nd DS one ages ago as a gift before one of my exams.

RoyOfTheRovers

RoyOfTheRovers said:

I really enjoyed Order Up! so quite excited about this, although I have never heard of The Food Network, if that is a US TV channel then us Brits may not get it.

Glad to see MotionPlus is going to be used as Order Up! whilst enjoyable, did feel like a bit of a waggle-fest at times.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I tend to prefer this kind of games on the DS and I will be saving my nintendo points for other releases. That's not to say I don't think this'll be good however.

Objection

Objection said:

I hope they don't intend to sell this at full retail. I realy don't think it'll make it that way, sinc eit already has 2 cooking Wii games to compete with.

Stevie

Stevie said:

I have found some leaked information from a reliable sauce that the follow up will be called Food Network: Student Edition, and will involve mastering the art of beans on toast, making Pot Noodle sandwiches and for the final boss reheating last nights Pizza.