Morrison's offering DSi on the cheap

Posted by James Newton

Get yourself down to Morrison's this weekend to save £20 on a DSi

Despite the DSi's strong first-week sales, British supermarket chain Morrison's are planning to shift even more of the things by offering them at £130 over the Easter weekend, a saving of £20 on Nintendo's RRP. Wii consoles are also set for a knockdown, available at £150, shaving nearly £30 off the regular shelf price.

Of course, these prices are while stocks last and there's no word on how large the chain's stocks will be after the first week of the kids' Easter holidays, but if you've been on the fence about the DSi waiting for a price drop you might want to stop by Morrison's and see if they've got any machines left. £20 off a console that's only a week old isn't to be sniffed at.

Sycoraxic98

Sycoraxic98 said:

Lucky you guys, getting it so cheap. I got the US one anyway.

DANG YOU! I was SOOO gonna get first!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

it sounds like good savings, until you do the math... that only brings it down to about $190, which is over full price here in the US. why was it priced so much more expensively in the first place?

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I assume that Prosody / James Newton shops at Morrisons, then?
If so, could you tell me if the games are cheap as well? I remember the sale they did last Summer where all DS games were a mere £12 (rather than £30), and I saved £28 on Guitar Hero On Tour (which I then traded in at Game for seven pounds above what I paid :D ). I believe that they also had all Wii games at £15, but they didn't have anything that I wanted but hadn't got yet.

So, yeah: if they're selling games cheap as well, let us know, will you James? :)

Viral

Viral said:

Not cheap enough. I have three DS's already...two Lites and one brick one..

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I was there first day of the deal about 5 minutes after the store opened. The one or two copies of Mario Kart Wii they had were sold...so I settled for LEGO Indiana Jones instead...I eventually got Mario kart Wii a few months later for £17.50 (£25 then £5 voucher from Nintendo then £2.50 reward points) so it worked out in the end

Not cheap enough.
I agree. Its still 30% more expensive than the DS lite while elsewhere it is more like 15%...

James

James said:

@Wiiloveit - I happen to shop at Morrison's regularly, so I'll let you know ;) They had Guitar Hero On Tour for £9.99 not so long ago, but I'm not sure about many other deals. I was one of the lucky ones to get Mario Kart Wii for £15 - best £15 ever ;)

Email me at james@nintendolife.com and I'll try to let you know if I hear of any good bargains!

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

You call that a price cut?

"FIRST ONE TO SAY FIRST!!"

That joke is really starting to get old. :P