Madden NFL 10 Wii to Showcase Stylized Look

Posted by Damien McFerran

EA reveals new shots of its best-selling sports franchise

After a few attempts to create next-gen visuals on the Wii, Electronic Arts has finally come to its senses and has given the latest version of Madden NFL a light-hearted visual sheen.

The new shots show the unique caricatured players, which the developer promises will boast amusing animations and exaggerated movements.

While some fans will accuse EA of 'dumbing down' this long-running series, we quite like the new style and think it looks a damn sight better than previous titles, which basically looked like the 360/PS3 version 'downsized' for the less powerful Wii.

The game is due for release in the US this August.

[via kotaku.com]

Objection

Objection said:

Well, they put the effort in. I don't know if I like it or not (irrelevant since I never buy Madden) but the animations are good.

Adam

Adam said:

I think it looks awful, but that's better than it usually looks.
I wish EA would make an Ultimate Frisbee for Wii.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

I actually like that they stylized it a bit rather than attempt to make it photorealistic (a non-starter on the Wii anyway). Even on PS3, sports games look SICK, yeah, but they're never gonna reach that photo-perfection they're aiming for. EA set a realistic target for the Wii, and nailed it dead on. Plus, it comes across as a little less intimidating for would-be newcomers to the genre, myself included.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

It actually looks pretty good. I don't know why, but it reminds me of Mutant League Football.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

I wish they would add classic and gamecube controller support. It doesn't feel right using wii remote and nunchuk for madden.

Kirk

Kirk said:

I think this is the best looking Madden game ever by the way.

Don't care about the technology etc. This is a better looking style than the more realistic version imo.