Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (AKA: Pokémon Fushigi no Dungeon: Sora no Tankentai) was recently released in Japan and promptly sold 141,000 copies, which equates to around a 30% sell-through. This retail performance was enough to place it at the top of the Japanese multi format games chart.
However, when looking at the figures posted by the previous Mystery Dungeon titles, this seems a little less impressive.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time shifted 316,000 copies in its opening week, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness managed 295,000.
You know that the industry is going through tough times when you see numbers like that.
Here’s the official top ten:
01. Pokémon Fushigi no Dungeon: Sora no Tankentai (DS) - 142,000 / NEW
02. Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes (PSP) - 28,000 / 114,000
03. Mario & Luigi RPG3!!! (DS) - 19,000 / 541,000
04. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP) - 18,000 / 591,000
05. Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Fate of Heat II - Unmei no Futari (DS) - 18,000 / NEW
06. Fantasy Golf Pangya Portable (PSP) - 13,000 / NEW
07. Pro Yakyuu Famista DS 2009 (DS) - 11,000 / 55,000
08. Musou Orochi Z (PS3) - 10,000 / 205,000
09. Mobile Suit Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable (PSP) - 9,000 / 144,000
10. Deca Sporta 2 (Wii) - 9,000 / NEW