Get Ready For Even More WarioWare!

Posted by Stuart Reddick

Later this month, Japanese gamers will be able to get their hands on the latest title in the WarioWare series.

Just a few days ago, the latest WarioWare was released via DSiWare, and there's already another title in the series ready to ship for the platform. Entitled Made in Ore, the game puts a huge amount of emphasis on creating microgames as opposed to playing them.

Included in the final retail version will be 90 different and unique microgames. Though it's doubtful that these will take advantage of the Nintendo DSi like WarioWare: Snapped!, we do, however, know that your games can be played via your Wii.

When the game ships on April 29th, there will be three sections for players to get involved in:

• My House, where you work on your microgames.
  • WarioWare, a tutorial of the game.
  • My Shop, where you save games and piece them together.

Besides all this new content, you can also draw sprites, create sound effects, make rules, create music, draw comics and more. When your microgame is completed, you can upload your work to Nintendo for contests. For those wanting in on other people's creations, you can also download microgames, music and comics from Nintendo.

Launching with Mario in Ore is Asobu Made in Ore, a title that lets you transfer and play your Made in Ore games on the big screen. Running at a steep 800 Nintendo points, we're a little sceptical about whether or not this will be worth the initial price tag.

[via 1up.com]

Rockbandmonkey

Rockbandmonkey said:

Hopefully this will turn better than WarioWare: Snapped. Looking at all these new features and microgames it's hard to imagine it being worse though.

Ark

Ark said:

Er? Is this for the DS or is it one of the first DSi exclusive games? I'm personally hoping for the latter.

Cryo

Cryo said:

Yeah this doesn't look DSiWare as from I thought it was first.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

So its essentially a game built around a level creator (a LittleBig Planet if you will)? Im not one for creating stuff, so Ill pass.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Just when I thought WarioWare couldn't possibly do anything new, this happens. AWESOME! <3

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm excited about this game, as I love the Wario Ware series. (Except Snapped!) :P

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

"Just when you thought they ran out of ideas... they hired YOU!"

Nintendo should totally pay me for that tagline.

But yeah that looks awesome! This is like a fan's dream come true! Let's hope there's tons of freedom, and it sounds like there will be.

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Guys, this is a full blown DS title.And no you don't need the DSi to play it, so Yay!

Cryo

Cryo said:

Damn. Oh well looks decent. And its probably one of those DSi-enhanced cards anyways.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I am buying this for my collection. (Also, I had had enough ideas to fill an entire WarioWare game anyways...)

By the way, after this release, it is only a matter of time before people redo those YouTube microgame videos on this game (including me).

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@bahamut

Hey where's your since of imagination. Anyway I thought too that this was going to be dsiware. C'mon Corbie, Warioware Snapped was not THAT bad.

AL3X_M

AL3X_M said:

This looks pretty exciting in my opinion. I'd love to make my own micro-games and share them with friends. I just hope it's more successful than Snapped, and is worth the 800 Nintendo Points.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

This is going to be a DS game, not DSiWare.
Usually when you say something like you present proof. So i'll present disproof.
Its not under software. Well, it isn't under DSiWare either but if you look in the DSi section is only lists current releases.

I hope you're right about it not being DSiWare. Either way I wonder how the WiiWare verison will work.