Dan Aykroyd is Loving His Wii-based Alter-ego

Posted by Damien McFerran

Bustin' makes him feel good, we guess

Ghostbusters: The video game is coming to every platform imaginable pretty soon. And you know what? The Wii version is sporting a slightly different look to the 360 and PS3 editions. Of course, this occurrence is nothing new – Wii owners are used to getting their own versions of multiplatform titles (they’re usually the same as the PS2 versions, as it happens).

Dan Aykroyd – AKA Ray Stantz – isn’t overly concerned, though. In fact, he thinks the Wii instalment is the best of the bunch – because of the graphics!

Check this:

Honestly, I love the way we look in the Wii platform, because it resembles the animation that was done in "The Incredibles." Anybody who looks like an Incredible is automatically a superhero. And I was so pleased that they shaved off at least 60 pounds from my current bulk.

The Wii version certainly sports a more stylized look than the versions being coded for powerful hardware, and the Wii Remote should make for more engaging gameplay; none of which seems important to Aykroyd – he’s just glad he looks slimmer, which is fair enough.

[via newsweek.com]

Objection

Objection said:

Who knows? Maybe this game will be like the Luigi's Mansion 2 we'll never get from Nintendo? It's less than likely though.

greyelephant

greyelephant said:

So the camera adds 10 lbs., but putting yourself into a video game subtracts 40 lbs.? Kewl.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I like the way Janine looks. I also want to see how they do the walk in this style. XD

Skidmark

Skidmark said:

There is a Marshmellow man and you battle him hanging off the roof of a skyscraper like an absailler.

Outrunner

Outrunner said:

I thought this sounded like marketing spiel too. I don't think I'll buy any version of this.

Viral

Viral said:

To be honest though, Dan Ackroyd wasn't my favourite in the group. I always liked Bill Murray in the films because he was always kind of a dick to police officers...guess it's just my humour. I noticed no Easter love from Nintendo here in Europe... I was kind of hoping for a bunny-esque adventure, such as Tiny Toon Adventures...lol...or a Bugs Bunny title.

madgear

madgear said:

I'm going to be buying the Wii and PC version of the game. I love the movies and want the game on the Wii, but I'd prefer the more realistic graphics style. The Wii version does look great, though.

Viral

Viral said:

Yeah, it does look nice. I'm now reading about A Boy & His Blob coming to the Wii. The graphics look amazing and it's supposed to be an actual Wii title, not Wii-Ware or VC that I can see. Apparently it's listed ETA is Autumn 2009 in EU.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I dig the style in the game and people seem to consistently prefer the Wii controls in previews, so I'll be interested to see how the sales compare on this title between the three platforms.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Yeah but they probably call it "Bunny Day" or "Egg Day" or "Candy... you get the picture.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

I'm happy with the way the Wii one looks as well. It actually looks BETTER then the others because the graphics remind me of the cartoon and aren't all gloomy and grey. Plus the wii one is the only version with co-op!

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

I'm really looking forward to this game in hopes that they don't mess it up. The trailer shows good potential, so I'm hopeful. Once again I'm tasked with deciding between the Wii version or 360 version.