Bit.Trip Beat Coming to Europe on Friday

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Time for European gamers to get a dose of Bit.Trip Beat!

It seems the wait for Bit.Trip Beat is almost over. Alex Neuse, CEO of Gaijin Games has just announced that their unique retro WiiWare title will be released on the European WiiWare service this coming Friday.

Bit.Trip Beat takes the classic idea of Pong and injects a whole new level of frantic intensity to the experience. If you're still on the fence about the game, you can check out our Bit.Trip Beat review to help you make up your mind.

If you need even more persuading you can check out our interview with Gaijin Games from way back in February.

[via gaijingames.com]

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

But this week is a VC week... unless they're going back to VC and WiiWare in all weeks?

And also, I thought this week was likely to be the start of a Hanabi Festival - Last year had one in May and Japan actually has a holiday this week.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

All I know is that I was contacted by Alex and he stated the game is coming to European WiiWare on Friday, May 1st and he's making a blog post on it right now. :)

CommanderVideo

CommanderVideo said:

Hey folks,
From what I heard, the game is coming out on May 1st. But now that y'all are mentioning this VC (which is just CV backwards, if you get my meaning) Friday thing, I'm worried. Man, I wish I knew more about European releases. Keep me posted if Friday hits and you guys find your eyes bleeding out of their sockets or not. ;)
-Alex

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Bit.Trip is so retro the crazy cats at Nintendo of Europe must think it is a Virtual Console game! :D

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

WHAAT?! We're getting Wiiware this week too?! Could it be? YES!!! Finally we get weekly Wiiware releases! Sweet!

Gizmo

Gizmo said:

Even it will be released on the next Friday, it is still nice to hear that finally the game comes to Europe^^.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm excited for European gamers to get a taste of this unique WiiWare title. Other than World of Goo, this is the only WiiWare title to date that I've gone back to after the initial release week. Fun little game indeed.

Stevie

Stevie said:

@ Dazza - HaHa :)

Hopefully this is a good thing and we will get 3 x Wiiware and 3 X Virtual console releases on Friday like Nintendo's spoilt child (Japan), followed by Hanabi starting on bank holiday Monday with 8 release's...

A boy can dream ;)

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

The last time when Europe got a VC and Wii Ware Week together, it was Hanabi Festival. So...could that mean, Hanabi starts at 1. May? :)

xesbeth

xesbeth said:

Cool, we've got adventure island, we are finally going to have Bit Trip, and there's the last one: Gradius Rebirth (which soon arrive....please?).

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I'll retain my pessimism due to past experiences. Considering we've seen incorrect announcements before I wouldn't be surprised if NOE simply quoted the date wrong though more fluid WW releases would be nice (with bi-weekly WW releases there's the threat of ending up with too few released or periodical releases getting delayed for one batch and having to wait very long before the next slot opens).

RGVEDA: But that was VC games added to a WW week, not the other way around IIRC.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

If you are European and you don't own this by May 2, you are no friend of mine.
What if it doesn't come out. I don't want that smal technical hitch ruining anything...

Looking on the NOE site to see if I could find anything (remember World of Goo being listed a few days before) Bit Trip isn't even listed with the WiiWare games though I did notice Overturn Mecha Wars is coming out "May".

Say, the Nintendo channel has been fruitful for WiiWare release dates in the past on a Wednesday, anyone care to check tomorrow?

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Well look on the bright side, if it doesnt come out Friday, that means that its definately coming next Friday!

Objection

Objection said:

Wow that was sudden. I hope its true...its fun when you manage to succeed...just hope you have some ice packs ready for the whoppin' it will deliver!

smetloos

smetloos said:

I have been waiting for this game. It looks awesome, it souds awesome... it is awesome! Brilliant idea for a WiiWare game.

Kravex

Kravex said:

@Starwolf_UK

Nintendo UK's site has Swords & Soldiers on the frontpage, be nice if you're right about your the World of Goo statement ;-) but I doubt it.

-TR

-TR said:

AWESOME. How long have I been waiting now? Seems like years!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

That's a huge surprise....AND a pleasant one. Considering the "list" we got recently, I wasn't expecting this till at least after July. However, the sceptical side of me say that I'll will believe it when I see it....looks like I won't be getting adventure island for a while then eh.