XSEED Games Announces Drill Sergeant Mindstrong for WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Ever wanted to play a game in which you get to be ordered around and ridiculed at will?

If so XSEED's unique new WiiWare entry Drill Sergeant Mindstrong might be just what you've been waiting for.

While we don't currently have much information on the game, we did manage to get our hands on XSEED's official press release for the game that you can check out below for a little more insight into this unique WiiWare title.

Torrance, Ca., - XSEED Games today announced that Drill Sergeant Mindstrong, a brain stimulating party game, will soon be available for download on WiiWare. Drill Sergeant Mindstrong is XSEED Games’ first title available on Nintendo’s downloadable games service.

Welcome to the army, Maggots! As a newly-enlisted cadet, your brain will be challenged by the toughest Drill Sergeant around, to see if you are worthy to wear the camouflage, or if you should crawl home like a Princess. Once players enroll in boot camp, they must instantly choose between two modes of gameplay – ‘Focus Training’ and ‘Basic Training.’ Regardless of the path the new recruit chooses, they will suddenly be thrust into life as a lowly Private, playing a variety of brain-intensive mini-games to advance their brain power and rise up the food chain to Sergeant, Lieutenant General, and eventually Field Marshall.

Players be warned, however; Drill Sergeant Mindstrong is here to ensure your boot camp experience is everything but a walk in the park. When players fail to answer questions correctly or do not answer in a timely matter, the Drill Sergeant’s anger level will increase. Once his anger has reached its limit, the Drill Sergeant is not afraid to embarrass players by making them do punishments right there on the spot.

We'll have more information on Drill Sergeant Mindstrong as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game once it hits the WiiWare service.

Neomega

Neomega said:

I'm going to basic training soon (ARMY) so this will definitely prep me.

Shyea right

Oh yeah, Great job finding this Corbie, now can we slap a 7 on it and be done?

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

@Neomega - I've been to basic. At least THIS should be more fun.:)

By the way, I hope they don't send you to the war.(I mean that in the best possible way.)

gameking23

gameking23 said:

So there is a coming soon badge slapped on this one. Now does that mean we will se it soon as let's say 3 months? Cause @ this rate that is when Equilibrio a game labelled coming soon will come out.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

We now have a handful of screenshots for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! :)

(We fixed the date thing too!)

Crazed

Crazed said:

Oh, this sound kind of fun...wait, that last screenshot...oh, no...is this game going to interpret simple antics like doing simple math and following commands equivalent as going into the army? Not the best message you're sending us, XSEED (and hopefully someone else shares my concern.)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

If the sergeant is anything like General Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, I'm buying this game on day 1! :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I can hear it now...
"Sound off like you got a pair!"
followed by some 6 year old asking their parents what a "pair" is. :P

Ferret75

Ferret75 said:

If I started playing that game, I'd be looking for an option to punch the guy if he started to annoy me even the slightest. =U

shinigami_tidus

shinigami_tidus said:

My first reaction: Oh no, another brain game...
But it is different from the others. Very cool and maybe with Zapper Support?

Neomega

Neomega said:

@comment #3: I kinda wanna go to war after hearing this!

We need to win back our gaming goodness from the nazis!

....we're not fightin nazis?

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Should be noted that the game is rated with an E10+ since last week on.... interesting terms...

Holds promise as XSeed's first WiiWare entry.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

You know, if we're not figthting either Nazis, Middle East people, aliens, zombies or Russians, this will be the most unique war-related game ever ;)

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I may be (epileptically) emo-emo, yet I do not like that game already!

Ferret75-san, that will get you executed.

Dawnclaude

Dawnclaude said:

Realy nice idea, perfect for WiiWare :)
Oh the game is from the developers of Rune Factory , Avalon Code and Retro Game Challange. (i love this game!)

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Neomega: Haven't you heard? Corbie doesn't only give out sevens any more. Spoilsport.

Oh, and as for the game: this get's a big fat "meh" from me.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Ferret75-san, I know. You will get executed IF this was REAL.
But still, I do not like this, so I am not buying. I am not forcing others to do the same. :P

Ferret75

Ferret75 said:

@33: I know, I was just joking around. XD

But I wouldn't get this game.
Anything in general that results in me being screamed at because I'm "not good enough" would just make me mad. XP

Objection

Objection said:

Yay, you fixed the date. As we all know, that was the important part. (well, to me.)

Ren

Ren said:

I hate to be the one to say it since I'm not one to pre-emptively bash a game but this looks pretty stupid. It might even make more sense if he was using the balance board to force you to exercise (push-ups, punches, running through tires) but simple math and mini-games? Come-on. I think the gag will get old after about 2 minutes.

Scryble

Scryble said:

I'd laugh if 5 minutes into the game Sgt. Mindstrong shouts "That's why you're still a kid!"
... maybe I've just been playing too much Onslaught...

@ 8. Chicken Brutus
Lol, "Silence slave!!!"

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Sounds like it could be a good addition to the wiiware library. I like brain games, so this is "radared".