Rock N' Roll Climber Coming To WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Vitei, the developer behind such games as 1080 Snowboarding and Doshin the Giant, are currently working on a new WiiWare title called Rock N' Roll Climber. Giles Goddard, who was a developer on Nintendo's mega-hit Nintendo 64 title Super Mario 64, is involved in the development of the title.

Not much is currently known about the game other than the brief description from the ESRB website below.

This is a rock climbing game in which players must climb up various formations within a time limit. Players navigate rocks and walls by grabbing onto divots and edges and positioning themselves to ensure they do not fall off.

It's also rumored that the game will make use of the Wii Balance Board, although nothing has been "officially" confirmed as of yet.

We'll have more information on Rock N' Roll Climber as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service.

Source: ESRB

HOT-ROD

HOT-ROD said:

A rock climbing game... Who knows? Could be good. I will have to see some screens of it to get more of an opinion.

Virus

Virus said:

The game's description isn't nearly as exciting as the names developing it. While they certainly give me quite a bit to look forward to, I think I'll have to see some screens before I develop a concrete opinion.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Despite the uninspired name, it's got some good people working behind it, so fingers crossed

maka

maka said:

The description of gameplay is pretty vague, but it does remind me of the rock climbing parts in Final Assault / Chamonix Challenge. I'm interested!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

It might lead to the possibility of Ice Climbers making a return? Even maybe unlockable characters or something? Honestly I know next to nothing about this game so all I can do is speculate

Objection

Objection said:

Speaking of Doshin the Giant, I wish that could make it over. It probably won't, though. This game is definately trying to be different, but that's not all it takes to be a good game. We'll see when more gameplay info comes out.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

As long as it has jumping controls which make no sense and baby seals to hit with a hammer it may as well be Ice Climbers 2...

...actually, I'm hoping its not like that at all. Its hard to really say a lot with a couple of lines of description and no screenshots.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

If it's a clone of Crazy Climber (i.e., just as good) and uses the dual sticks on the Classic Controller as an alternate control method I'll be all over this.

i_am_error

i_am_error said:

Curious about it.

Funny how Nintendo is recently lauching unannounced games like this. Just like Excitebots.

Ren

Ren said:

Hmm,
well this is basically a game title and developer name, nothing else, so not much to even speculate about. Great that someone there had something to do with Mario 64 - just like my uncles', friends', neighbors' mailman once saw Miyamoto at a an airport. I too, then, am a creative genius.

subzerobf

subzerobf said:

Rock Climbing, I don't know. It seems like something that is more s
suited for a flash game.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Man, I thought it was going to be a music game before I clicked the link..

joeshabadoo

joeshabadoo said:

this should be updated, or there should be a new post. Balance Board confirmed, and the game sounds like it could be quite interesting