New Furry Legends Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Gamelion Studios Poland has just informed us that they've started a development blog for their upcoming WiiWare title Furry Legends. We were also able to get our hands on a bunch of new screenshots of the game in action as well. Below is a snippet from Gamelion Studio's new blog that gives a little insight into their rather unique upcoming WiiWare title.

Furry Legends is a platforming game, within its own world, with its own characters and unique feeling. We’ve been playing a lot of games, and result is something you can place between the likes of Sonic, LocoRoco, Mario and some LittleBigPlanet thrown in for good measure. The expectations of both the team and the community are pretty high, and we’re aiming to deliver quality rivalling the top tiers on WiiWare :)

Words, words, words, a picture is worth a thousand of words, so below you can find the first official screenshots from our game. It’s still an early development snapshot, but shows the direction we want to take the game in.

Gamelion Studios promises to update their Furry Legends development blog weekly with new game develoment news and information. They also state that gamers can expect a full game play trailer sometime around March 23rd.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments with Furry Legends and we'll have a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service. Until then you can take a look at the group of brand new screenshots we just put up on the Furry Legends game page below.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'll be anxious to see the game play trailer on this one as it's now piqued my interest. :)

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

Umm so I was excited til I saw the pictures. It honestly looks like you reskinned the world from Lost Winds and stuck a cousin of Niki Rock n Ball in there to be the main character. Also adding the fact that Night Game has released shots and a video a day before you featuring another ball to control. It just doesn't seem that original anymore.

Popyman

Popyman said:

I'm sorry, but those screenshots are VERY bad looking...I won't judge it just on that, but geez, those are ugly...

Terra

Terra said:

Something about those screens reminds me of Lostwinds. Surely a good sign then. This one is certainly more interesting than other games by the look of those screens but looks are one thing, gameplay is something else, so i'm not raising hopes yet.

Surely those screens aren't that bad popyman. There is a lot worse on WiiWare

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Well the guy from Gamelion said it was kind of like "Fury of the Furries", except he didn't know Fury of the Furries existed :)

I'm liking those screenshots

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Yeah, the environments definitely don't look good. Not even sticking spikes on the Wizball will change that.

Sebastian_Gamelion

Sebastian_Gamelion said:

Please note that this is very early work-in-progress we are showing here and not the final visual quality of the game. Also, the screens look better on TV and in action than screen captures from development PC.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

This game looks like one of those that need to be seen in action, so I'll disregard any problems I have with the screens for now. Anyways, I hope this game turns out good; Wiiware needs more platformers.

LucBernard

LucBernard said:

is it me or do the environments look like Lostwinds? Like really alot like them

I mean it looks like Lostwinds with a furry ball

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

It does kinda look like Lostwinds, but it reminds me more of Boingz for some reason. Maybe it's the ugliness? :P

Sebastian_Gamelion

Sebastian_Gamelion said:

Besides the blog please also join our twitter at twitter.com/Furry_Legends to follow a WiiWare development project from beginning to end.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Ummm... Lostwinds + Niki much? XD

I was already interested in hearing more on this but now these screens have caught my interest even more. :)

@Sebastian_Gamelion: Welcome to WWW! I hope the game turns out good. :) I hope you continue to make WiiWare games whatever the response is towards your game. Sounds like you guys got some ideas.

Terra

Terra said:

I'll be interested to see the updated screenshots when they come. I'd like to see just how much better the graphics will be from now to then.

Ren

Ren said:

Looks like fun to me. Come on, people. How much difference is there really from ANY one platformer to the other? A couple screenshots will never do a 2-d Platformer justice. How many games look just like a Mega Man game from one screenshot to the next - lots.
Anyway, I'll wait till it's out to hear more, could be fun. Actually kinda looks like someone lobbed off Oscar the Grouches' head and the momentum sends it rolling across faraway lands.

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

Hrm, a video is worth more words. XD Looks like it could POSSIBLY be good, but like I said. Why are these devs trying to put a spin on a great genre. I was like (!) when I read "Furry Legends is a platforming game." Then I was like :( when I read "We’ve been playing a lot of games, and result is something you can place between the likes of Sonic, LocoRoco, Mario and some LittleBigPlanet thrown in for good measure." Can't we just make a NORMAL platformer? Heck, get with the MegaMan 9 program. Nintendo, make an 8-bit Mario game. Sega, get to work on a like-wise Sonic game. C'MON!

Objection

Objection said:

Umm so I was excited til I saw the pictures. It honestly looks like you reskinned the world from Lost Winds and stuck a cousin of Niki Rock n Ball in there to be the main character My thoughts exactly. Well done.

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

@ Objection_Blaster and over half the others here
Good to see I'm not the only one noticing this.

@Sebastion Gamelion
I'm not trying to like bash or hurt your game. Honestly if I saw these screens years back before Lost Winds and Niki...then I'd still be hyped thoroughly. However if the game really is turning out to be a crossbreed of the two, then there's no point in me buying it. I already have those games, and to top it off Niki wasn't that great sadly.

I dunno my friend...even a short clip of this in action though may settle my nerves if you can prove me wrong. Hope to hear more about this game from you soon.

odd69

odd69 said:

it really does look like that niki game. the controls seem to be the worst problem with that game so mabey this game will have better controls, id buy it if that will be the case. im so hungry for a platformer at this point i might get this just to get my fix.

NOTE: to the developers, please give that furry thing ARMS and LEGS please please please

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

@Sebastian

Fair enough Sebastian...sorry for giving you some trouble. I think all of us here are just really want to see something original and new. (I know I am.) That being said some of the shots make us a little apprehensive. However, I know you guys at Gamelion are putting a lot of time, thought, and love into this so I really hope it turns out well.

@Junk

Actually until you said that I didn't notice this, but ya it does look like Oscar a little. Although maybe the lil dude changes colors. The "Furry" thing in the Game Logo at the top of the page (he's hiding in the "G" in the word "Legends") is clearly like orange. So I dunno maybe it changes form with it's power...like Kirby!!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

My first association for the environments was Cloning Clyde (Xbox 360) due to the lowpoly blurriness of it all. I think 3d backgrounds really don't fit into the WiiWare size limit.

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

Sebastian, are you using the experience learned while making "LocoRoco Hi" into this game?

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Sebastian: Likin' the screens so far, and I can't wait for first details, but it looks incredibly like LostWinds - from the outdoor scenes to the cave-y bits. Did this game inspire you in any way?

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I've never played LostWinds (ducks and weaves projectiles), so I hope this is a longer game than that

calculon

calculon said:

@chunky_droid: And by short, Objection_Blaster means "sh" :D

It does look all too frighteningly familiar. Hopefully they'll go back and redesign all the artwork to look half decent and less law-suit provoking.
I can understand tipping one's hat towards another company's genius but some of those screen are just too close for comfort.

I can only pray the game doesn't play like Lost Winds too. Not that Lost Winds played badly - it's just that I'm not looking forward to a sequel, nor a crappy knock-off either.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, frankly I don't care how it looks, specially so early, I'm a platform lover so just bring on a nice, classic gameplay please :).
@odd69
Oh! I was thinking the same, please Gamelion give the poor thing ARMS and LEGS.

calculon

calculon said:

@TwilightCrow: I'm happy you don't care how it looks. That means I can now go ahead and make almost carbon copy visuals of every game I love and wrap them around similar but inferior games.

I'm sure none of the companies who took the time and effort to create the original artwork will mind, after all they're nothing more than money-grabbing faceless organisations who should give people every right to steal or duplicate their work.

Rant over.