New Arc Rise Fantasia gameplay video

Posted by Christopher Clark

Less than ninety days to release and this Wii-exclusive RPG just looks better and better

New footage of the upcoming Wii-exclusive RPG Arc Rise Fantasia has emerged and can be viewed below.

From Marvelous Entertainment and Image Epoch, the same tandem that created the strategy RPG Luminous Arc, comes Arc Rise Fantasia, an epic RPG exclusively developed for the Wii. Arc Rise Fantasia is a product of old and new, combining gorgeous graphics with modern gameplay while bringing classic Japanese high fantasy role-playing action involving airships and dragons, exclusively to the platform.

This project features the talents of director Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales Of Symphonia) and esteemed composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga) and is set for release on June 4 in Japan, with an American release date to be announced sometime this year.

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Given that the Wii is sorely lacking in RPGs, a project of such high caliber is a sure must-have for grind-hungry Wii owners. Let's just hope Marvelous can work to have it localised by the end of the year; I mean, after the thousandth dungeon that wacky little Chocobo just doesn't cut it anymore.

Stay tuned to Nintendo Life for more info on Arc Rise Fantasia as it nears closer to release.

[via gamekyo.com]

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Any idea if this will feature a mechanic like Fire Emblem where the characters can die? The jeopardy associated with that really adds to RPGs I think.

Moai_Head

Moai_Head said:

Nah, from the info released so far it's basically Tales Of Symphonia with turn-based battles - so, nothing groundbreaking, but worth keeping an eye on nonetheless.

calculon

calculon said:

@Moai Head: I was just thinking how much the game looks like Tales, just with more cut-scenes. Should be good if it plays anything like ToS too.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Well, as long as it's turn-based I'm interested, but if it was more tactical I'd be ecstatic.

Nanaki

Nanaki said:

@ Razoredge17, yes, I laughed at that too.

I'm not sure about this one yet. I'm an RPG nut - or was when I had the time in life - yet I can't see too much appeal in this one. Nethertheless, I think I will give it a crack when it comes out, purely because the director was involved with ToS. I just wish they'd create a few less cute looking games: something along the lines of Shadow Hearts would be great - a little bit more gritty, you know?

And, Sean, I know what you mean - games like Fire Emblem really pull you in with the whole life and death battles.

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Looks sweet. I'll prolly get this game if I can. :)

And yes the scream was pretty funny. :)

motang

motang said:

Between this and Tales of Symphonia and the newly announced Tales game I am really excited to have the Wii with all the JRPGs!