More DSiWare? Hudson to the Rescue!

Posted by Philip J Reed

Or maybe not. At least, not yet... Sudoku Beginner 50 and Sudoku 150 are upcoming Sudoku downloads for the DSi, courtesy of our good friends at Hudson.

Now we here at WiiWare World can't read Japanese (our lifelong shame!) and there's only so much we're able to glean about this game. But since the "Beginner 50" version is selling for 200 Nintendo points and the "150" version for 500 Nintendo points, it's pretty safe to say that the difference between them will be difficulty and number of puzzles. Both will be available for download in Japan on March 18.

This is certainly great news for those who love all things Sudoku, but we are of two minds about this: the sad news is that Hudson's DSiWare debut is probably going to be a simple collection of Sudoku puzzles. But the good news is that Hudson is dipping its toe into the service early, and we don't doubt that we'll get some truly unique releases from them down the line.

Sudoku Beginner 50
Untitled

Sudoku 150
Untitled

One thing's for sure...with this, Solitaire DSi and Dr. Mario DSi, Nintendo's new portable system will have no shortage of addictive, convenient puzzlers.

Now let's keep our fingers crossed that many more creative releases from Hudson follow close behind.

Source: Nintendo of Japan

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I wonder if I'd consider it if it came to NA.
But regardless: Go Hudson! Can't wait to see their DSiWare projects... maybe even Mario Party? :o

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

to be honest I got bored of Sudoku really quickly, and you shouldn't have to read much Japanese once the game itself comes out.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Interesting, and no doubt it'll impress the casual's, but I'm not too fussed with it really.

Also - nice work at linking the VCR and NLife accounts with WWW - it now says that I've posted 1320 times o_O

Terra

Terra said:

I think this will work better than any WiiWare Sudoku games, with the fact that it's coming from Hudson only reassuring that and also seeing that the touch screen is a better control method for it than IR pointing,

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Terranigma
"the touch screen is a better control method for it than IR pointing"

Aaaand Terranigma wins the award for "The thing I definitely should have said myself when writing this article." :)

Objection

Objection said:

More games I don't want on DSi. Then again, what is coming out on DS this year? I can't think of anything at the moment. Time to catch up on what I missed.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Before screenshots came out I thought this would be a port of Puzzle Series version of Sudoku which gave me hopes for the rest of the Puzzle Series being ported over (they are very much hit and miss but the idea of having a basic pack for 200 points would make players much more likely to try them).

With these screenshots out I can say the DSiWare one looks a lot cleaner (the fonts are easier to read, colour usage is better).