Harvest Moon Coming To WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

According to the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, the Harvest Moon series will soon be making an appearance on Nintendo's WiiWare service, at least in Japan. The game will be titled Harvest Moon Series: Ranch Store and will focus primarily on shop management.

You'll still be able to play as either a boy or a girl and you'll have the opportunity to create your own shop from various types of stores including: Juice Shops, Ice Cream Parlors, and even Easter Egg shops. You'll be able to customize the interior and exterior of your store and even snap photos of it to share with other Wii owners via the online function of the Wii.

You'll operate your store by creating items using various mini games. So if a customer comes into your juice shop and places a specific order, you'll then play a mini-game that will allow you the chance to create the specified item for your customer. If you're successful, you'll please your customers and they'll likely return to your shop in the future. Your store will even be frequented by past Harvest Moon characters.

Harvest Moon Series: Ranch Store will hit the WiiWare service in Japan on April 28th for 1500 Wii Points, but there's been no official announcement of the game seeing a release outside of Japan at this time.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments on Harvest Moon Series: Ranch Store, as well as a full review if/when the game hits the WiiWare service in the US or Europe.

Untitled

Aldo

Aldo said:

Cool! Hopefully is this a good game!
Yeaha! First Comment!

Popyman

Popyman said:

So there isn't any farming? That's stupid...It would have been really cool.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

It was always the Farming version of Animal Crossing lol
Harvest Moon have always been good.

Ren

Ren said:

Sounds kinda boring, but I guess it could be good if you're into that kinda thing. 1500 pts does seem a little steep, I hope it's got some depth to it.

Objection

Objection said:

Oh boy, a fairly priced WW addition to the exciting Harvest Moon series. /sarcasm.exe

Digiki

Digiki said:

Ugh another stupid side game, it'd be nice if more WW developers would make games with a goal instead of silly time wasters.

I'm not saying this game will be bad, and it may have a goal other than points, but it still probably won't be much more than a time waster.

Party_On_Dude

Party_On_Dude said:

I see this as hope that the AAA third party developers are more looking into WiiWare, speaking that Nastume picked up the idea to milks their Harvest Moon series a whole lot more... but at least its a good thing! ;)
I bet fans will eat this game up and lots of nice comments whenever it hits NA on WiiWare! :D

JEPEREZ4EVR

JEPEREZ4EVR said:

How can it be called harvest moon with no farming! Still may try this when it hits the u.s.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

No doubt I'm getting this, unless something convinces me otherwise. It'll be my first Harvest Moon!

And finally, Wiiloveit can see what I'm talking about! I had told him yesterday that this was announced and he was itching to hear more details. lol. :P

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Reminds me a bit of Recettear, a game about running an RPG item store except you have to crawl through dungeons to get the items and then haggle over their prices.

1500 points does sound pretty high, they'll have to do a lot to justify that.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

How can it be called harvest moon with no farming!

It is set in the Harvest Moon universe... its just a spin-off title.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Not what I was expecting, but certainly not off-putting either. The big question here is going to be whether or not it's worth the 1500 points o_O