EU VC Update: Super Punch-Out!!

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Just as Nintendo of Europe announced yesterday, today only brings one new game, but it's a great one!

Super Punch-Out!! is the fourth game in the Punch-Out!! series. It's got a total of 16 opponents, both old and new, spread out across four circuits of increasing difficulty. The gameplay is pretty much exactly the same as in previous games, but there are some new features - If you get several succesful hits in a row you can now throw super-strong punches until you take a hit yourself. There is also a time trial mode in which you can practice against any of the opponents you've already fought to get the attack/dodge timing down.

Sadly no other games have been gotten out of the way, but at least you can now prepare for Punch-Out!! on the Wii, which is out in just 2 months!

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

No comments yet... why not be the first?
I'll try (and won for once)...Copy and paste from the previous news.

My goodness...0.5 VC games a week. I'll hold out false hope that "NOE forgot to upload the other game" but for now...

Curse that Master System and Commodorre 64 its all thier fault!!!

Will

Will said:

Nice. Soon as I get sorted with some broadband, I'l download this little baby :)

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

we're jealous of you americans and your one VC game every week. you don't know how good you have it.

Super Punch Out is indeed a good game but as the only game in two weeks, it certainly does come with a sour taste.

Quanity or quality? I'd say quantity is most preferable. Those good games have to come out at some point and the more games that come out at a time, the more likely it is that we'll get a good game. I'd rather have three bad games in a single update than those three bad games spread over the period of three weeks.

Betagam7

Betagam7 said:

It's one of the better updates of recent times but when you realise that you can get GC fight night which has this game built into it for about the same price it becomes less attractive.

xesbeth

xesbeth said:

ooooh yeah...just one game....get better and better....

Nintendo + Europe = PERPETUAL FAILURE!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

wait... maybe its only one game because of the Hanabi Festival coming up soon? How many games are said to come out during then? About eight? And past Festivals have taken place over three straight weeks (including WiiWare weeks) so maybe they took a game slot from this week to save for Hanabi.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Hey Will, nice to see you being happy with a VC Friday again. I remember quite some posts from you, showing an ever growing disappointment or does my memory betray me here? ^^

On the actual subject: 1 game is nowhere near enough and spending 800 points on a game that could also be had in Fight Night Round 2 for probably about the same price or even less and also be playable on the Wii is not what I call a bargain...but at least it's a pretty good game, so it's still better than the Double Dribble week. ;)

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Sadly I won't be downloading this.... but does it mean we're going back to a game a week? Well, I can dream can't I?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

One game! The equivilent of not getting a game one week! Man, that's gotta suck!

Still, it is a pretty good game. Enjoy.

Will

Will said:

Nothing wrong with your memory KeeperBvK. There hasnt been anything I even considered donloading since I downloaded Mayhem in Monsterland back 17th October! O_o But this would be something I would splash the euro on here.
I would be a quality over quantity man myself.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Great game, but only one game every other week sucks. If a festival is coming next time, though you could be getting a crapload of imports, which would make up for those feeling left out.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Lucky dogs! And hey, you guys deserve a good game for once! :) Too bad it's the only one you got...

@Starfox. You make it sound like that's a bad thing...

We're not supposed to get this game anyway we're getting TG-16 imports supposedly.

Party_On_Dude

Party_On_Dude said:

Good EU finally got Super Punch-Out!! :D
Now GIVE Super Punch-Out TO US NOW NOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Somewhere in April will be good; if SSB64 could also come out on its anniversary April 27th?!! ;)
Maybe both on the same day if we're lucky!! :D

slangman

slangman said:

One game? Thats just lame, Although this is one of the better updates we have had since MERCS.

slangman

slangman said:

Will download when I get my Wii online again (I have to use other means of getting my Wii online :( ).

touffeboy

touffeboy said:

Great update! It's SUPER PUNCH OUT GUY!! But, if nintendo release this, we have chance to got other nintendo hits ^^ The Virtual console not dead..

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

I can't believe we only got one game this week.

Although Super Punch Out is a good boxing game for the SNES it's very unfair to people who'd rather have something else alongside it at the very least.

Maybe the Hanabi Festival is next week?

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

This single game week might not be as bad as we're all making it. It could be a sign that Hanabi is coming soon and with it a flood of import releases.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Only one game? Wow... That sucks... I'd be upset if that were me considering I have no intention of getting this.

I have a feeling we'll get this soon as much as I don't want it just yet... I'd much rather have SSB64 first. Come on Nintendo...

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

We needed this one! Another good quality game for SNES. I can live with the one-game thing... but don´t make it a habit, Nintendo ;)

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

You know what, though? Even though NA got two games in the past two weeks this update still blows away what we got. Better one good game than two poopy ones.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

They will, DR. Hanabi is coming up any time now. Theres eight games to be released during about three consecutive weeks. Things will be good for us then.