Top 20 WiiWare Games in USA (25th Feb)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Wednesday again which can only mean one thing. It's time to take a look at the most popular WiiWare titles available in the Wii Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to your Wii Shop channel, heading into the WiiWare section and then viewing "Popular Games". It's that simple! Trust us, if we can do it, anyone can.

We compile this list using the USA region Wii Shop channel, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is a measure of actual sales made recently, not of the total time the game has been available for sale.

Here is the list for the 25th of February:

16 (15) - Wild West Guns
17 (N) - Onslaught
18 (19) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
19 (20) - Tiki Towers
20 (18) - Bomberman Blast

* (N) - Denotes a new entry on the Top 20

The big three remain intact for another week and show no signs of slowing down at this point. It looks like these three titles are by far the most popular and successful titles the WiiWare service has seen to date. We'll just have to wait and see if any title can finally knock one of them out of the top three.

In a rather sad move, Mega Man 9 has now officially dropped off the charts and in a surprising move, Tiki Towers not only didn't drop off the charts as some expected, it managed to climb up one spot to #19. In another rather odd twist, My Pokmeon Ranch is enjoying a bit of a resurgence and jumped six spots all the way back up to #6.

The big climber this week was Hudson's Onslaught title that came flying in from off the charts all the way up to #17. We'll have to wait and see how high it can climb, but it didn't debut nearly as high as last week's new chart appearance by Wayforward's LIT which was, oddly enough, this week's biggest dropper falling five spots to #11.

There was quite a bit of movement in this week's chart and some interesting surprises to go along with it. Here's hoping next week's chart will be even more interesting.

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

Sigh No surprise on the top 3. People still want the fishies.

And anyone who comes to this site on a regular basis- if you haven't gotten Bomberman, what are you waiting on? It's about to fall off the map!

SRPirate

SRPirate said:

Bomberman Blast is almost off the charts. That's horrible because its a great game!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

LIT had backing from a major publication and thus some hype, it seems that most people who were interested in it bought it quickly and then demand tapered off quickly.

German charts (this time with deltas):

(3) 1 Onslaught
(8) 10 SAMEGAME
(11) 11 Midnight Bowling
(14) 12 My Pokemon Ranch
(13) 13 Cue Sports
(12) 14 Family Glide Hockey
(15) 15 Lost Winds
(18) 16 Sudoku Challenge!
(16) 17 The Incredible Maze
(17) 18 Wild West Guns
(19) 19 Defend Your Castle
(-) 20 Mega Man 9

Biggest climber was Pop-Up Pirate, I guess people enjoy russian roulette. Since MM9 joined again there has to be a dropout and this week it's FFCCMLaaK. Also World of Goo's stranglehold on #1 has finally been broken, I wonder how long it'll last though.

Djungelurban

(R) 17 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster
(15) 18 - Cue Sports: Snooker vs Billiards
(13) 19 - Wild West Guns
(14) 20 - Tetris Party

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

In a way I'm not at all surprised by Pokemon's resurge. With the upcoming release of a new DS game (which if memory serves is Platinum) I'm sure some past games will get some hype. Nice to see Onslaught jump up a little although I still need to really sit and play it.

RADE

RADE said:

Whoa I'm impressed about Onslaught. Already? It's a guaranteed hit!

touffeboy

17- Megaman 9
18- TV Show king
19- Hockey All-Star Shootout
20- Wild West Guns

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

The UK's had a weird week this week, every spot has changed apart from no. 19. And we see a new top game. And a re-entry.

1 (3) - Onslaught
13 (14) - Tetris Party
14 (12) - CueSports - Snooker vs. Billiards
15 (17) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King
16 (18) - Space Invaders Get Even
17 (15) - LostWinds
18 (16) - Wild West Guns
19 (19) - Sudoku Challenge!
20 (N) - Pit Crew Panic!

Objection

Objection said:

Having downloaded it yesterday, I can say Onslaught deserves to be on the charts. Let's hope it continues to climb. Who knows? Maybe it'll make it into the top 3! (It should.) Good to see DYC and FFCCMLAAK hangin on.

diegoesgriam

diegoesgriam said:

Top 20 Japan 2/23 (compared with 2/19 numbers (Versus 22))
Courtesy: iNSIDE

1 (1) Chindouchou!! Pole no Daibouken (Pole's Big Adventure)
2 (2) My Pokemon Ranch
3 (3) Bomberman Blast
4 (6) Bubble Bobble Wii
5 (7) Okiraku Slot Kart Racing (Family Slot Kart Racing)
6 (4) Minna no Theather
7 (5) Okiraku Sugoroku (Family Pirate Board Game)
8 (8) Megaman 9
9 (10) Pop-Up Pirate!
10 (9) 1 Nuku! Dasshutsu Game: My Home Hen
11 (11) FFCC My Life as a King
12 (17) Tetris Party
13 (16) Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan Wii
14 (20) Board Warriors
15 (15) Simple Series Vol. 3: The Mahjong
16 (14) My Aquarium
17 (13) Lost Winds
18 (12) Crystal Defenders R1
19 (18) Dr. Mario
20 (19) Tataite! Mogupon (Whack a Mole)

Pole's Big Adventure is performing really good, it has been 1º since its launch.
Okiraku (Family) series is strong in Japan, I thing is more apealling there than here.
Cristal Defenders R1 is down, but i think this was because the secuel (R2) was launched yesterday.
Nuku! Dasshutsu Game: My Home Hen, i don't know of what series it is, but for some videos in nicovideo it's kinda "escape the room" game, i love this games, do you think a escape the room game will be on Wii Ware?
Fun Fun Minigolf fail to enter in the list (launched 2/17)

mojo25

mojo25 said:

Man, I reaaaaally need to get Onslaught. I should of brought my money when I went to the mall on Monday...dangit, missed my chance. :(

So when I get me Wii Points card, I will definitely get Onslaught, then maybe Paper Mario 64 with 500 points left...or I can wait until Super Smash Bros. 64 comes on VC...OR I can wait for Toribash, assuming it's less than 1500 points (probably, of course) or I can just download that on my PC....>.<

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Onslaught took about a week to get to its current position here, it's only been out two or three days in NA so it's not surprising that it's not higher. It needs some time to actually get those sales done. Though it's funny that the number of reviews on Metacritic suddently doubled from yesterday to today.

Kevin

Kevin said:

Where the hell is Mega Man 9? It deserves to be on the list instead of the lacluster titles that are on it.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Glad to see Space Invaders Get Even is still on the charts somewhere in the world!

I bought a copy of Pole's Adventure for someone the other night; doing my bit to keep it up there in the hopes we'll see a global release!

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

I'm not surprised at all to see these lists remain relatively unchanged. There not releasing that many good games on WiiWare lately.

Mama_Luigi

Mama_Luigi said:

What the... Where is Mega Man 9?!
Well, Mega Man 9 is still on top 20 in Norway if i'm right.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

It looks like Bomberman is still safely in the charts just about everywhere else but the U.S.

hmm... I wonder why?

Mike1

Mike1 said:

Mega Man 9 should still be on it instead of all that soccer mom shovelware crap.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Mega Man 9 drops off the charts, and games like Midnight Bowling Bowling and Sandy Beach remain in decent positions. That ain't right.

Sonic_tails1

Sonic_tails1 said:

Don't worry guys Megaman 9 is back on the charts at number 20 today
but bad news is Bomberman Blast is now gone. And Onslaught is at number 13.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Awesome, I had no idea Pole's Big Adventure was doing so well! We just might get it!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

To be fair MM9 had plenty of time to sell many copies already, at some point sales drop off for any game. Well, at least games that aren't "casual".

tanasten

tanasten said:

I´m gld to see Onslaugh doing well! The game must a great success so companies develop such terrific games like Onslaught is!