Sega's Let's Catch Gets OFLC Rated

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Australia's OFLC ratings board has just recently given Sega's Let's Catch WiiWare title a "G" rating, which would lead us to believe that the game could be coming out there very soon and most likely worldwide shortly thereafter.

Let's Catch is basically a Wii Remote-infused game of catch that features both single-player and multiplayer modes for game fans to enjoy. While the prospect of a game of catch doesn't exactly scream originality, we find ourselves quite intrigued with what developer Prope has in store for WiiWare fans with this title.

We'll have more information on Let's Catch as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm just not sure what the think of the game yet. While it would seem a game of catch wouldn't translate well into a video game, it will be interesting to see what Prope has concocted for this unique WiiWare release. :)

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

Definitely- with a game such as this (excuse the figure of speech)-there's gotta be a catch. Immediately I thought "Baseball" from WiiSports. Minus the bat feature. :P But we'll have to wait and see. At this point, we only have screens I guess, right?

PaperToad

PaperToad said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

To anthonyb: The game is out in Japan WiiWare, you can see footage at YouTube.

Objection

Objection said:

Yeah...I can't see this being worth downloading in any shape. Who knows, though.

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

Let's Tap sounds a great idea for a party game.
This "Spinoff" not that much.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I can't say I am very excited about this game, but I hope that Sega may consider doing a 2-D Sonic game in the future for Wii Ware.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

To tell you the truth, even I was a little skeptical but when I saw that there was more to it then just tossing a ball back and forth I started to be a little more anticipated.

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

Intrigued yet not sold...will have to see on the future media releases and such. Probably will wait for review

Fleeman

Fleeman said:

i would not be banking on game rated news to think the game is coming out Gradius Rebirth has been on the esrb since early november and its still not out so i'm holding my breath on this one

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Fleeman: Yeah, what ever did happen to Rebirth anyway?

Lets Catch....... Do they really think this will sell.

Suddenly remembers the many casual WIi owners in the world

On second thought this could be the most ingenious money making scheme in the history of digital rip-offs.

Virus

Virus said:

You all make fun of this game now, but just you wait until some nuclear holocaust strikes your town and you can't go outside and play catch; then you all will be yearning to buy this game.

See, you guys, you just need to look at this game from the perspective of those who can't play catch. Just think how many armless people will rejoice when this comes out. That's right; chew on that you ignorant jerks.

With all that idiocy said, I'll have to wait a bit longer and see what exactly this game offers before I judge it.

tootie_kicks

tootie_kicks said:

Virus wrote:

Cause it's so easy to play the Wii (or any console) without arms...

Carlos27

Carlos27 said:

Virus wrote:
Cause it's so easy to play the Wii (or any console) without arms...

hahaha

Draygone

Draygone said:

Actually Carlos, tootie_kicks wrote that as a response to what Virus wrote. :P

In any case, I don't think this game is really aimed at us. More like the little kids who are in kindergarten. And it being rated in Australia first, I can imagine it being released during Australian winter, when it's too cold outside to play catch. As a summer release, it'd be not a good thing to release, as it'd give kids just one more reason not to go outside and enjoy the warm weather.

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

The Trailer is offline :( Could someone update the linked trailer, please? :)

odd69

odd69 said:

• reads,yawns, then goes play onslaught only to be wishing that cave story would come out next monday*
Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Suddenly remembers the many casual WIi owners in the world

The trailer is offline
It seems to works for me.

Anyway the real question should be (regarding this and Let's Tap which didn't do too well in Japan) is how much?

I know Japan had to pay 1000 points but therte might be some chance we have to pay less.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

The game appears to be targeted at younger players (ads show dad and son playing together in the lounge); not my cuppa to be sure -- especially at that price! Prope is apparently working on something else which could be interesting.

I have Let's Tap! and I think it's pretty cool. It shows that the form Wii games can take is really only limited to the imagination of the developers. That it hasn't performed better in Japan is disappointing, but that may be why it's getting a wider release.

*/shameless plug
Naturally I have a review on my blog:

shameless plug*/

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

"Suddenly remembers those are just the people who don't have the Wii online or ever use the Wii Shop anyway"

Ahem, Pong Toss anyone?

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I'm certainly gonna give this a go, and I want to see just how addictive the simple concept can be. People so far seem to enjoy it, so it can't be that bad.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

If the game sells well, they plan to bring more "Let's" games to the WiiWare service. I think they might even if it doesn't. Or at least, I'm HOPING that the latter is true.

At the very least, I certainly hope the game is priced at 500 Points. 1,000 in JPN is just way too much for a game of this stature, even if it is the ever-so-awesome SEGA (more specificially, Yuji Naka) overseeing such a project.

Terra

Terra said:

Let's Tap's quite a good game. I played an imported copy of it, so i'd be willing to give this a go. The pricing will make or break this deal for me though, as it's a game based on Catch.