New Cave Story Graveyard Screenshot

Posted by Corbie Dillard

As usual, Nicalis is releasing Cave Story screenshots one at a time. This time we get a look at one of the graveyard shots of the game. Once again the game looks fantastic and our anticipation level for the game is at an all-time high.

Tyrone Rodriguez, of developer Nicalis, has recently flown to Kyoto to meet with Pixel about something top secret. While there's already been rampant speculation regarding his visit, it looks like we'll just have to wait to see what all the fuss is about.

You can take a look at this riveting new screenshot below. We'll have more information on Cave Story as it continues to slowly leak out of Nicalis.

Untitled

Mik

Mik said:

Cools. This game also looks like a winner. It's been in production a while, so hopefully it will be good!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that one screenshot at a time is stupid? Might as well just keep quiet with the game. Oh, well. I'll just keep on waiting for an actual piece of NEWS about the game...

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

This is definitely a must buy for me. It's the one I'm looking forward to most of all as I imagine it having hours upon hours of great fun.

Can't wait for this.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

For some reason the main shot at the top reminds me of Lemmings...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I wonder what it is they'll be talking about? Probably discussions regarding the existance and content of DLC, that's my guess.

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

Yes, I hope there's a lot of new DLC, considering it's a free game online and those who've played before will have more incentive to play the WiiWare time around. Either way, I'm downloading it, since I have yet to play the game!

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

Everytime I see a screen shot of this game I am impressed. This is probably the WiiWare game I am looking forward to the most.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I'm confused with the single screenshot at a time method, but whatever... now if only we could get some solid details of a release.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Looks good. Second best looking game yet. Next to bubble bobble. That's only because I'm obsessed with the first ;)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I don't know if I'll be getting the DLC. The game was good enough on it's own, and despite being a free game, I would gladly pay any price they ask to be able to pay it again on my big screen!

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@tatemon555: if you look at post 13, you'll see a little blue "edit" button next to the post time. Click that if you've anything to add to a post in future, rather than posting twice in a minute ;)

Link79

Link79 said:

I've certainly changed my opinion of this game in the past few weeks.
At first when I knew almost nothing about It the game looked sorta Meh but after some extensive research I'm thrilled! It has all the features of some of my favorite franchises. An excellent soundtrack and Metroid / Castlevania gameplay. Can't wait!

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Looks awesome, but I'm somewhat disturbed at the resemblence to Ghosts & Goblins. All that game brought me are memories of severe pain and frustration. :(

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

This game can't come soon enough! Every screen shot I see of this game makes me want it more and more!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Really looking forward to this, and Graveyards and video games go together like PB and Jelly

ElectricSplash

ElectricSplash said:

Do want! Do want! Do want! Do want! Do want! Do want! Do want!

The freeware version is awesome, but always slow downs mi PC... Cant't wait to play this jewel in WiIWare...

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

But not this month please, I don't have money

Then don't buy it until you have money again? I doubt it'll be a PAL SMB2j-style time limited release.

paulcmnt

paulcmnt said:

Can anyone tell me if the WiiWare version will have the same plot as the PC version? I'd like to buy it, but I want to know if I can play the PC version first — I don't want to start playing the WiiWare version knowing the whole story.

odd69

odd69 said:

wow i can't believe that this was a free game. this game absolutely blows my mind. as alot of people are saying this game reminds me of why i play video games. this game is so good that i'm going to BUY this updated version even though its a free pc game. this game deserves your money.these screenshots melt my face. seriously people if i could give each and everyone of you advice i'd tell you to buy this game so we can see more like it. i want cave story pt2 ect..