LIT Coming To US WiiWare on February 9th

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Those of you out there who've been anxiously awaiting Wayforward Technologies' new WiiWare title LIT won't have to wait much longer. WayForward has just announced on their web site that LIT will be coming to the North American WiiWare service on February 9th for 800 Wii Points.

LIT is a 3D horror action puzzler that follows Jake, a typical, apathetic, slightly emo teenager, who’s trapped in his high school when it’s overrun by dark creatures. Players must guide Jake through 30 classrooms, using the available light sources to create paths to each exit. The goal is to reunite Jake with his girlfriend Rachael, who’s also trapped in the school and calls Jake from time to time on the school’s phone system. Stay in the light and Jake’s safe. Step into the darkness and he’s pulled under.

In addition to light puzzling, the game features 5 boss battles against dark faculty members, an unlockable challenge mode, multiple endings, level select mode, and a second playable character. LIT will be released soon, exclusively on Nintendo’s WiiWare platform. Until then, keep your eyes here for the latest details on this game. And hit the sections below for screenshots, debut trailer, concept art, and a free downloadable soundtrack to the game.

We'll have a full review of LIT when it hits the WiiWare service on February 9th and don't forget to check out the interview which WiiWare World conducted with WayForward as well.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Very nice news. I am anxiously looking forward to this! :-)

WeeGee

WeeGee said:

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!! Funny thing is that earlier I was hoping that they would announce a release date for Lit.

Stratos

Stratos said:

I just saw the new trailer yesterday. I am very excited for it...
It just hit me that it will only be 800 points! Wow.
I was expecting anywhere from 1000-1500.
An instant D/L

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Sweet! The moment I read the review here I'll buy this! if the review is good that is.

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

Last trailer they put was more in line with horror aspect I was looking forward from this title, not like the first one they showed. Something positive from this release date, we may have the review before it comes out here (if it even comes out here).

Nickname

Nickname said:

Wow, a cool concept for only 800 points...Sounds too good to be real for a PAL-zone-gamer. I just hope it reaches Europe someday...

Fleeman

Fleeman said:

I think this might be the second 10 we see on WiiWare World, Feburary is also shaing up to be the best wiiware month ever.

siavm

siavm said:

I have been waiting for this one. Too bad I will not be able to download it until I get my wii fixed.

Objection

Objection said:

Like Bass, I'll go with the review. But I hope that it pans out as well as it sounds like it could. Either way, 2009 looks to be a great year for WW.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I'll pass, not a horror fan.....

Unless it gets a 9/10. Then I have to get it automatically (if WWW gives something a 9/10, then I made an oath to buy it).

My money is in your hands WWW. Dont screw it up :D

gameking23

gameking23 said:

I'll pass on this one its just not the type of game that I like.
Now if only Equillibro would come out or Bit Trip Beat.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

Cruddy horror game= No for me.
It doesn`t really look Scary or atleast to me. Now if it was demonicly grotesque (like Silent Hill for example) then I`d look forward to it...though it`s just WiiWare.

I hope this doesn`t disappoint...which it probably will.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ Bahamut ZERO - I'll give it a 9/10 and then after you buy it I'll post the real score. :P

Adam

Adam said:

Wow, the trailer actually makes it look good. This has to be some sort of trick. It is not yet enough to subdue my normal skepticism toward all things WiiWare.

It does seem like an odd game to be a downloadable title, though

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I am intrigued by this. It's not "must buy" status for me, but depending on the reactions the players have around here, I just might give it a go. Here's hoping!

ALDAWGZ

ALDAWGZ said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i figured it was coming out this month jus thought it would b out 2moro this is an automatic download cant wait

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Hopefully this is good so other devs will be unafraid to release non-puzzle games.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Wow! Already! Faster than I expected. I'll wait for more details on the storyline and an accompanying review before getting it. Certainly holds promise so long as they don't turn people off in their efforts to support a target audience.

Stratos

Stratos said:

@Chrono
By cruddy horror game are you referring to the graphics of the general art style?
I found the trailers to be quite atmospheric.

@Corbie
Why don't I ever see you on the forums? Too busy or not interested?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm lucky to find time to pop on these comments to be honest. Between two jobs, three web sites and a family, I don't have a lot of free time. And the hour a day I can sometimes squeeze out is dedicated to my newest toy. In fact my new arcade shooter cabinet is quickly moving up my priority list as we speak. :)

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Wow! Already! Faster than I expected.

Last year they said it'd come early Q1 09.
So I don't know why this is surprising. lol

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

If this game gets a great score, I might check it out. It just doesn't look that interesting to me.

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

Very much looking forward to this. Can't wait at all, 800 points is a steal too loving that. However I have to ask...and maybe you can answer this Corbie....wth happened to Mart Racer? I mean it just kinda disappeared.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You know, we haven't heard a peep as far as Mart Racer goes. It did just kinda disappear. We'll try to find out what's going on with the game.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@Corbie - Any excuse to show off the candy cabs!

Everyone wish the Corbinator a happy birthday!!!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ Daz - I know, I'm hopeless. :P

And don't forget to wish Daz a belated birthday. His was yesterday. :) It's a WiiWare World Birthday Bonanza!

Stratos

Stratos said:

Wow, Happy B-Day to both of you guys! You should post Wii Codes on your WWW profiles so people can give you presents.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Daz - Happy boithday!

@Corbie - Happy boithday showoff! You need a weekly segment called "Corbie's Better Home Than Yours".

Apart from everyone else instantly looking at the cabinet, I looked at the stool, is that Stafy or something? And out of curiosity, where do you get your cabinets from?

Objection

Objection said:

Happy birthday, guys. Thanks for keeping this great site running! You're both great to talk to so have a splendid birthday/anniversary of the day you escaped the man in white!

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

...AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOOO!!....oh wait I'm supposed to sing the other part first.....oh welll....Happy Birthday you two!!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@beastman93
"Hopefully this is good so other devs will be unafraid to release non-puzzle games"

Hate to burst your bubble, man, but this is a puzzle game.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Chunky_Droid. I suggest a reality show called Corb's House. :D

And speaking of Corbs, happy B-Day, guy! I've already acknowledged Dazza's.

Getting somewhat back on topic for a moment, LIT looks awesome.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Wow 800 points for a full 3D game? Sounds a bit to good to be true...

Holy crap, did anyone else find that girl's voice awful in the trailer? I think we are looking at the new Navi..

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

HAPPii BIRTHDAI YOU GUISE!

@Ricardo91: Stuff that, nothing will beat his full on action movie: The Corbinator. I hear the fourth film is due out this year - Can. Not. Wait.

A bit more on topic, though, I can't wait for this game, and envy you guys for getting it next Monday. If this came out alongside Snowboard Riot next Friday, then that would be excellent. Here's what Adam from the company had to say when I asked him about a European release in an interview I conducted around the recent holiday period:
"Adam: We're currently looking into the possibility of releasing LIT in other regions. It's definitely something we're interested in, although the game will be debuting first in North America."

Oh, and also: the new trailer looks awesome, and the pricing is brilliant. Hopefully the gaming public will recognize that.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

Great price for LIT. I was also expecting the game to priced 1,000 Wii Points or up. Although I liked LIT's earlier sketches, I'm still looking forward to the game. Gonna have to wait and see if it is indeed worth the 800 Wii Points.

On a different note, happy b-day to Corbie and happy belated b-day to Dazza!! Even if I could give Corbie a gift, I definitely wouldn't top the arcade cabinet. =P

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

If I could give Corbie a gift, it would probably be in the form of a letterbomb - I need a new TV, you see :D

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Cool, this looks pretty interesting, hopefully unlike Evasive Space, we'll see a PAL release date soon!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ chunky_droid - Wow, I'm surprised you spotted the Stafy plush. Aside from being a huge shooter fan, I'm also very fond of the Stafy GBA and DS games. As for the arcade cabinet, I use a guy in California that buys them in bulk and has them shipped over to the US in containers. Saves a little on shipping.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Corbie: forget the Stafy, my favourite thing is the CHAIR. Those things are awesome, but aren't you just a tad too big for it?

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Anyone else think it'd be fun to stay the night at Corbie's house?

It's like the kid at school that has all the coolest toys.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@AlexSays: Ooh - pick me! I'd happily buy myself a flight from jolly old England just for a night at Corbies. Who else wants to come?

Popyman

Popyman said:

What are all of you talking about? is confused

Edit: Ohhh nevermind, I missed that pic =P

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Corbie: I spot EVERYTHING Nintendo lol. All I have at home that would remotely impress anyone (who likes plushies) my giant Bowser one.

I've just picked up an old school cabinet off E-Bay in reasonably good condition (will be better after I'm through with it), still has the coin box in it and I got it for $50 AUS so I'm happy. Now I just have to put something in it so I can start playing :P

Back on topic! I'll probably buy Lit

Kevin

Kevin said:

I don't play many horror games besides I'm getting the Wii Dead Rising this month.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Happy Birthday Corbie!

And yes, you did walk right into that one.

And stop making your house more awsome! It makes me want to go there :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Thanks for the Bday wishes. You guys are great. And I promise to not make my house anymore great. For now. :P

Ren

Ren said:

Forums? What Forums?
anyway, I don't get why people complain that it doesn't look scary or gory enough. It's essentially a dark, survival themed puzzle game about a teeneager in high school. It looks cool to me, but it's silly to expect it to be like Resident Evil or something, it's just not that kind of game.
I don't get where all these pics of peoples houses and stuff are, theres really something I"m missing here.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Corbie: Can I see your gaming setup again. That was on sweet TV and cabinet you had there (suprising it was not black or evil looking :P ).

Objection

Objection said:

Corbie, if that setup gets any cooler, evil, jealous spirits will haunt you until you go insane and throw your games everywhere, including some that would fly all the way to the Midwest. Not that I'm wishing that or trying to profit off that situation somehow. Psst- not yet, evil, jealous spirits!
EDIT: Whoa, you already know about them? Way to go, evil spirits! You weren't even hidden!!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yeah, that's cool I guess. I mean, by know I've completely lost interest in it, and most likely won't be getting it. But hay, at least it's coming.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Corbie: You could've at least waited till you got 120 stars with Luigi before taking that photo :P now you look like a n00b with money and a Stafy plush :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I actually had to start over when my Wii bit the dust. Whatever they did to it when they fixed it erased the internal ram. All of my downloaded games and save files were deleted. But I appreciate your concern for my noobhood. :)

Ren

Ren said:

@Corbie.
Wow, that is indeed a very nice setup. How does one have time for anything but gaming with all that? Looks like fun.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Corbie: I see you've updated your setup since I last saw it - no Banjo screen this time, but after seeing the TV with SMG on it, I now want it so much more - it looks absolutely AMAZING. If you ever go bankrupt, I'll sort the telly out for you :D

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

My Wii had the same treatment, they gave me a new one with the ability to download my VC games. But now that one has artifacts, so I'm saving for a new one, grrrr.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Did I forget to praise Cobie's amazing set-up? Well, I guess I'm going to have to correct that astonishing lapse of judgment: Nice set-up Corb!