Hudson Not Abandoning Virtual Console After All?

Posted by Corbie Dillard

While there's no denying that Hudson has already enjoyed quite a bit of success on Nintendo's WiiWare service, it's not been all good news for those of us who are still anxiously awaiting more Turbografx-16 Virtual Console releases.

Since they began releasing games on the WiiWare service, Hudson has all but stopped releasing any Turbografx-16 titles outside of Japan and according to our Japanese Hudson contact who spoke to us "off the record" a short time ago, Hudson has no additional plans to release any more Turbografx-16 titles now or in the foreseeable future.

So you can imagine our surprise when we saw reports on various web sites yesterday that Mike Pepe, Director of Marketing at Hudson, had made the following statement:

“Although WiiWare has been very successful for Hudson we have every intention to continue supporting Virtual Console. We are very pleased with the service and are happy to make available products that have been fan favorites in the past. Creating new games on WiiWare and releasing past ones on VC are two separate initiatives that we intend to support.”

While we're not sure what to think at this point, we are excited that there's at least some hope of more Turbografx-16 titles coming out on the Virtual Console in North American and Europe. Who knows, maybe we'll even see a few more imports since there are still quite a few great titles available for release. For now all we can do is just keep our fingers crossed. But we have to think it's good news that Bomberman '94 was recently OLFC rated.

Hudson is currently searching for some input on what games we'd like to see on the Virtual Console (not all from the TurboGrafx admittedly!). Below are a few of our favorite picks and we're sure Hudson would love to hear what you guys would like to see on the Virtual Console as well, so post away!

1941: Counter Attack (SuperGrafx)
Ai Cho Aniki (TG16)
Coryoon (TG16)
Cotton (TG16)
Darius Plus (TG16)
Don Doko Don (TG16)
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16)
Ghouls & Ghosts (SuperGrafx)
Hagane (SNES)
Hellfire S (TG16)
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (TG16)
Magical Chase (TG16)
Mario Party 1, 2 & 3 (N64)
New Zealand Story (TG16)
Parodius (TG16)
Parasol Stars (TG16)
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES)
Salamander (TG16)
Sapphire (TG16)
Space Fantasy Zone (TG16)
Spriggan (TG16)
Spriggan Mark II (TG16)
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
Super Adventure Island II (SNES)
Super Bonk 1 & 2 (SNES)
Sylphia (TG16)
Toilet Kids (TG16)
Ys III (TG16)

SOURCE: Siliconera

Objection

Objection said:

1st! Okay, Here are the ones I want to see. (If I didn't list one from above, it's probably because I'm unfamilar with it, not because I don't like it.)
Ai Cho Aniki (TG16) Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16)
Ghouls & Ghosts (SuperGrafx) Mario Party 1, 2 & 3 (N64)
Parodius (TG16) Space Fantasy Zone (TG16)
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64) They made a N64 one?
Super Bonk 1 & 2 (SNES) Ys III and IV (TG16)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Just give me Rondo of Blood and my life will be complete :-p

Sonic_tails1

Sonic_tails1 said:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
Magical Chase.
Legendary Ax.
Legendary Ax 2.
Dragonslayer. (TGCD)
Parasol Stars.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Just grab the PSP Castlevania game and you'll have a new and classic version of Rondo. :)

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

Mario Party 1, 2 & 3 (N64)

man i remeber when i played mario party 3 it was my first mario party game and compared to the newer ones till now mario party 3 remains to be my favourite because of the storyline it has and the items you can buy in the game there was many varietys but seem to have been loss during its sequals

but yeah i'll take them all when hopfully they release it

LinktotheFuture

LinktotheFuture said:

Since I don't have a PSP, and don't really want one, I hope they release Dracula X: Rondo of Blood on the VC. I have heard so many great things about it, I have to play it.

BJWanlund

BJWanlund said:

The Mario Party games, especially 2 & 3, were fantastic on N64, and then Hudson did the unthinkable with MP4: Full-3D. The best part of the MP series up till that point was the isometric perspective, and it truly felt like a video game that masqueraded as a board game.

I'd absolutely vote Mario Party 1, 2, & 3 (but specifically 2 & 3, I played those FANATICALLY) in a heartbeat.

BJ

pdrydia

pdrydia said:

I really want to play Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom & Parasol Stars. I'm also interested in the Super Bonk games & the remaining Ys games. Some of the platformers listed in the original article look pretty interesting, but there's not much point in reposting VCR's wishlist in its entirety. ;]

You say Hudson wants some input "so post away!"--do you mean the powers that be at Hudson will be reading this post?

Adamant

Adamant said:

I don't know if they have the rights to them or not, but the Legendary Axe series definitely needs to be on the VC, as does Side Arms.

And of course, Rondo of Blood as an import.

The Valis series would be nice, too.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

I guess it's more up to Nintendo whether we'll see the Mario Parties at some point.
I'd like to add Darius Alpha on the PC Engine as it would be the most expensive game to be released on VC yet by FAR. ^^

Viral

Viral said:

The games I'd like to see first would be these:
Dracula X: Rondo Of Blood
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Mario Party 1, 2 & 3
Super Adventure Island II
Super Bonk 1 & 2
Ys III & IV
To be honest, I'd like to say that all these games should still come out.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Neo Nectari (TG-16)
Ys book III & IV (TG-16)
So far only a small list as compared to yours but is there any official way to directly let Hudson know .

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

To Corbie or Dazza: You think it'll be possible to send our lists of most wanted Hudson Soft VC titles to Hudson? At least to show them that people are still clamoring for more VC support. =)

As for Hudson Soft games, I would like to see come stateside/Europe (not in alphabetical order):

Parasol Stars (TG-16)
Parodius (TG-16)
Adventure Island 2, 3, and 4 (2 and 3 - NES/ 4 - Famicom)
Super Adventure Island I and II (SNES)
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (TG-16)
Star Soldier (N64)
Hagane (SNES)
Space Fantasy Zone (TG16)
Aero Blaster (TG16)
Cadash (TG16)
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16)

Objection

Objection said:

Oh, here's something I forgot somehow: what about the Bomberman N64 games? I really liked Bomberman Hero but I never got a chance to play the others, so those on VC would be awesome.

luigibro

luigibro said:

I'd like to see:
Bomberman '94 (TG16)
Bomberman Hero (N64)
Bomberman 64 and its sequel (N64)
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16)
Hagane (SNES)
Mario Party 1, 2, 3 (N64)
Parodius (TG16)
the Super Bomberman games (SNES)

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

This is absolutley great!!! I'm glad that Hudson hasn't left the VC quiet yet. Amongst the games That I would like to see include:
Mario Party 1, 2 & 3 (N64), Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64), Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16), Ghouls & Ghosts (SuperGrafx),
Ys III and IV (TG16), Parasol Stars (TG16), and finally Space Fantasy Zone (TG16).

Link79

Link79 said:

I had a feeling all was not lost. Now please for the love of god give us Rondo on VC! PSP version my ass. I want it on my TV with auto save states and to play it with my handy dandy Wii mote. Do I have to take the President of Hudson Hostage or what?

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@worrybomb - We'll be sure to send the most requested games from our readers straight to our contact at Hudson's Japanese office.

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

Bravoman and Ordyne please for Europe! The US has these game since April 07 and May 07!!! Then we are up to date.

Captain_Konami

Captain_Konami said:

Rondo of Blood and all three Mario Party games (preferably in reverse order, just to make sure 3 gets out) are must releases. It would be criminal if the VC never saw those.

Oh and by the way.........FAXANADU!!!! ..........please.
Thank you.

And if they can work with Disney to get Mickey Mousecapade (just for sentimental and frustration value) out, and heck throw in Robowarrior too.......that'd all be desirable and enhancement of the VC catalog.

I'd buy most if not all of those right after release.....Robowarrior might wait a bit, depending on how many of my current list I am through and when I get my next itch to try something I never got to play back in the day.

Edit: Oh and what the heck, toss in Dino Riki there too. Why not one more slightly unusual style shooter? Besides its NES, and all NES games are in need of release to VC. That's just a given. ;)

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

Well, I really want Chi no Rondo. I have it on PSP, but the PSP itself is not very comfortable to hold. I'm also interested Sylphia and whatever Valis games were released on the Turbo Duo. In fact, give me every female-starring video game on those two systems.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Hudson Please give us Dracula X: Rondo of Blood!!!
I would also like to try 1941, Cadash, Deep Blue, Legendary Axe, Keith Courage, Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth,Ghost Manor, and Mario Party would be great

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I say "Go to town! Release everything!", but I also want Turbo Duo, Turbo CD and SuperGrafx games to be released as such, not being passed as TurboGrafx-16 games! (Yes, I DO mean "release every T. Grafx-16/T. Duo/T. CD/SuperGrafx game ever released", and maybe even some unreleased ones!
...
What? If NinEgSon + SNK are going to release old games, they should release EVERYTHING for completeness!)

P.S. Most evertone wants Rondo of Blood... :p
Meh, I would not want a game that has "Blood" in the title, since I have what seems to be "The Oregon Trail Disease". (No, I never played O.T...)

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Corbie: I don't want a PSP either, not that I'm a casual gamer, but playing anything other than Loco Roco on my friend's PSP makes my hands cramp.

Hudson Developed games I want!
Super Adventure Island
Mario Party 1 - 3 (Although we may get a case of Nintenditis again!)
Super Bomberman 1 - 3 at least
Bomberman 64

Turbografx games I want that Hudson might need a say in releasing
Pac-Land
New Zealand Story
Parasol Stars
Rainbow Island
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Dynasty Wars
Double Dragon II: The Revenge (voice acting and animated cutscenes ahoy!)
Fighting Street
Lemmings
Prince of Persia

Wow, I didn't realise there was so many good titles on the Turbo I didn't even know about, considering I've only downloaded one Turbo title (Bomberman '93) and only plan to download Ys to see what it's like, I'd download any of the ones I've listed in an instant

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@MarkyVigoroth

We've gotten Turbo CD games already, and they've been labled as TG-16 games. And wasn't the Turbo Duo just a combo of the TG-16 and the TG-CD anyways? In any case, TG-16 is pretty much an all-encompassing term at this point.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Mickeymac-san, oops. I do not have experience with Hudson hardware...

I just do not see much point with using "Turbografx-16" as a "one-size-fits-all" term when with games that are on different platforms...

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Marky: If they ever release the Sega CD and 32X (Which I hope becomes reality one day) they'll probably be lumped under Mega Drive/Genesis as it's the base console. Same with the Turbo-CD, the TG-16 was the base console. Just an extreme peripheral :P

Adamant

Adamant said:

The Turbo Duo was a Turbografx with a built-in Turbo CD/Super CD player.

And yeah, asking for "Turbo Duo games" is like asking for "Sega Nomad games" - it's not a platform that had games developed for it, just a device that plays games made for something else.

carson

carson said:

MARIO PARTY! ALL OF THEM! ESPECIALLY 1 AND 2! MARIO PARTY! MARIO PARTY! MARIO PARTY!

touffeboy

touffeboy said:

MARIO PARTY ME TOO!

MARIO PARTY WAS THE BEST GAME! Seriously, if Mario Party release on the virtual console, i will buy it!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Just for a trip down memory lane, after Mario Party 1 came out on the N64, kids (and adults alike) were using their palm on the N64 control stick to do fast 360 motions on some of the mini games that needed quick rotations to win, subsequently they had bleeding palms afterwards, and Nintenditis was born. Nintendo released gloves to anyone who purchased those games if they so chose to keep destroying their controllers.

So maybe there'll be warnings this time around? Or they may remove those mini games completely? Who knows, I know I didn't use my palm and I'm itching to play those games with my Wavebird :)

brooks83

brooks83 said:

PRINCESS TOMATO IN THE SALAD KINGDOM!

I've wanted this to come out since the VC was launched. It's an awesome point and click adventure in almost the same style as Shadowgate, but it has a lot of humor. Even though I own the cart I would still buy it the moment it gets released on VC. It's somewhat of a rare game and people should give it another chance.

Also, I would love to play Dracula X and the New Zealand Story. And possibly the TG version of the original Gradius.

timp29

timp29 said:

Toilet Kids? Intriguing...

Give me rondo of blood and ghouls and ghosts. Thanks Hudson :p

Charco

Charco said:

I request the following games in alphabetical order:

Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo

That is all.

Bensei

Bensei said:

Sry, I only know Rond of Blood and Mario Party 1, 2 & 3.

But Super Adveture Island and Super Bonk seems to be interesting

Spiky_Idiot

Spiky_Idiot said:

i would like to see all of them available, and then play them when the SD Card Solution is here.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Mutilatedpuppet-san, I am hoping that that does NOT happen. /not offended/

chunky_droid-san, I was thinking JUST THAT with Genesis games.
Also, I had doubts with Mario Party 1 ever since I considered the possibility of that game reaching the V.C.

Adamant-san, I said that I made an error regardind the T. Duo, since I lack experience with Hudson hardware!

(Wii Type...)

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

Puyo Puyo CD (PC Engine)
Lemmings (PC Engine)
Zombies Ate My Neighbours (SNES)
Rocket Knight Adventures (Mega Drive)
Contra: Hard Corps (Mega Drive)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Metal Slug X (Neo Geo)
Tetris Attack (SNES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mega Drive)

"Nintendo will probably need to add some warnings if they re-release Mario Party 1, they had that whole injury named after them when they brought that out."

Well that was using the N64 Controller. In some of the mini games, you had to rotate the analogue stick using just the "thumb" which can be quite difficult due to the size of the analogue stick. Just idiots like me thought it would be cool to use the palm of the hand to rotate the analogue stick.

Of course, that lead to peeling a bit of my skin off (ouch :() and took 3 weeks to recover. A painful 3 weeks of recovery. I learnt my lesson after that. There was a story that a girl did that and she had a hole in her hand. 0_0

With the Gamecube and Classic Controller, it is a lot easier to rotate the analogue stick with just the thumb.

Kaluba

Kaluba said:

I think Mario Party 1,2, and 3 should definately be released along with Castlevania X Rondo of Blood. I've never played Castlevania X, but it sounds fun.

marktheshark

marktheshark said:

Has the vc reviews staff send their suggestions to Hudson yet? If it hasn't happened yet, then I would like to see:

Bomberman 2 (NES)
Super Bomberman 1-5 (SNES)
Y's III (TG CD)
Y's IV (TG CD)
Bomberman 64 (N64)
Bomberman Heroes (N64)
Bomberman 64 JPN- Only version (N64)
Legendary Axe 1 & 2 (TG 16)
Ginga Fukei Densetsu: Sapphire (TG CD. Uses Arcade card)
Super Adventure Island 1 & 2 (SNES)
Hagane: The Final Conflict (SNES)

Kultist

Kultist said:

I'm surprised only one other person said it, but Faxanadu is a must.
I'd also love to see the other Ys games come to VC, but please please please Hudson, release Faxanadu. Revive the World Tree! :P

Jens

Jens said:

I absolutely want the N64's Mario Party 1, 2 and 3 as soon as possible! Super Bomberman 1 and 5, besides Rondo of Blood would be very nice, too!

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Umm..all of them? Well, I am a greedy bastard but I'll limit it a bit:
Rondo of Blood
Super Adventure Island II
Hagane
Super Bomberman

Winter

Winter said:

Mario Party, all of them, but one the most. Faxanadu, Ys III and IV, Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES).

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

I've already posted the games I want at the site NintendoBrad linked to, but I'll post the ones that aren't on your list here anyway.

Bomberman '94 (for a North American release)
Bomberman 64
Legendary Axe
Cadash
The Super Bomberman games.
Xexyz
Mr. Heli
Cotton
Gomola Speed
Valis
Schbibin Man 3
Momotaro Katsugeki
Kiaidan 00
L-Dis
Blodia
Mizbak's Adventure

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

I'd love to see Ai Cho Aniki released outside Japan just to see other people's reactions :p

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Whats with the pairings of just Ys 3+4? Whats wrong with Ys 5?

Whats with Space Fantasy Zone? Isnt asking for that like asking for Starfox 2?

morphballer

morphballer said:

Great list...
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is essential!
Ghouls & Ghosts (SuperGrafx) Why not!
Parodius (TG16)
Spriggan (TG16)
Spriggan Mark II (TG16)
Ys III and IV (TG16)
Needs more Valis!

SNK

SNK said:

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is a must, plus Outrun, Ghouls n Ghosts, Fatal Fury 2 CD, Double Dragon 2 CD,are all classic games hope to see them soon on the VC

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@RadioShadow: Though it IS easier to rotate, I think Nintendo would want to play it safe anyhow. There's no mini-games requiring rotation in the stick in any of the Gamecube games, though with the height of that stick in particular I would have trouble using my palm anyway...

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Except Super Fantasy Zone actually exists.

Super Fantasy Zone does yes.

Space Fantasy Zone does not.

Well I mean, it wasnt released to the general public anyway.

At least it wasnt supposed to. I think Corbie once claimed he had a copy.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Oh, I see. I thought there was a TG-16 version of Super Fantasy Zone that he was asking for (thinking of the TG-16 version of Fantasy Zone).

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I knew from day one that this "Hudson abandoning the VC" rumor was a bunch of malarchy. In fact I lost a lot of respect for this site after they were so insistant on the rumors validity without really offering any solid proof. Even now they're questioning it, which seems rediculous to me because why would this quote be any less reputable then what VC reviews supposedly heard a couple months back? Especially when I've heard this one from MULTIPLE sources where as the original rumor really started on this site and really only ever spread to forum sites, rather than real news sources.

Well that's the end of my rant but I'd really like to start seeing some non TG-16 hudson titles appear. Oh, and Rondo of Blood too.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Rapadash6

They got an email directly from Hudson saying that they were gonna drop support for the VC. They've simply changed their minds(they can do that you know).

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

@Mickeymac

If they did indeed recieve this e-mail, why didn't anyone else hear about and report the same information? That's where I find the rumor hard to believe and I'm sorry but VC Reviews caused a lot of needless panic by jumping the gun on something that was obviously some kind of miscommunication. What Hudson probably meant was that they were going to take a break on the VC to promote Wiiware releases temporarily. It also didn't sound like there was any follow up to confirm any of the details regarding the original statement. It was just poor journalism and it's as simple as that.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

@Rapadash6
Solid proof? As you say yourself, it was a rumor. If they had solid proof it wouldn't by a rumor anymore, now would it? After all, the definition of "rumor" is:
1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts:
2. gossip; hearsay:
3. Archaic. a continuous, confused noise; clamor; din.
–verb (used with object) 4. to circulate, report, or assert by a rumor:

timp29

timp29 said:

I didn't realise faxanadu was a hudson game. In that case put me down for:

i) Rondo of Blood
ii) Ghouls and Ghosts (SuperGrafx)
iii) Faxanadu
iv) Darius Alpha - just because its rare... I have never played it

Wikipedia's list of hudson games is woeful. Also, someone should compile a vote of what people say on here and send it to that email. I'm not doing it however :p

said:

I hope they bring rondo of blood and ghouls and ghosts

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@Rapadash6 - It's not exactly like we shouted this news from the roftops to begin with. There is no mistake about what Hudson told us, but this was several months ago now. They are entitled to change their minds and we're glad they did!

KingMike

KingMike said:

Adventure Island 2 and 3 (NES), Super Adventure Island 2 (SNES)
(did not play AI4, but it was Japanese-only and it looks like the text may be important.
I played SAI1 alot as a kid, but I honestly think it was weak compared to AI2 and 3, especially considering it came out the same year as AI3 and on a superior console.

So I heard a rumer someone dug around the VC game data on a SD card and found a list of potential VC games, suggesting Super Bomberman 3 was on the list for US import (the original was JP/EU).

Looks like Space Fantasy Zone once existed in development form:
(but I don't think it'd be likely to be released. NEC apparently decided to combine their Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone license. Sega reportedly wasn't happy.)

LOL. A shooter called "Download" for PCE. Only thing I remember about that game is your character swearing at you when you get a game over. :P

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Cool. Mario Party 1/2/3 are musts. Wonder if we'll ever actually see them on VC though ...

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I wonder about how Nintendo will attempt to prevent players from using their palms when rotating the Control Stick...
Then again, I can use my fingertips...

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

That is correct. I think Nintendo are content with leaving the series at entry#8 at this present moment (its still selling well). Its a bit of a Square-Enix situation. It is also worth noting I feel this could extend to Mairo Tennis on the N64 due to New Play Control: Mairo Power Tennis. Then again, maybe not since the new play control is waggle only while the N64 game would be normal controls only...

Wait, Hudson. Ah yes. Can't think of any games off the top of my head but I'm sure some players will love to see the vaseline filter (or whatever it is) made optional on the existing catalogue (Ys isn't effected by it but it ran at a higher resolution to start with :( ).

As far as the rumour goes I first heared it. "There prbaobly won't be any VC games for the first half of 2009 as we focus on WiiWare" due to Chinese whispers et al (which caused it to be NOMOREVC). That seems to have come true...

GN0LAUM

GN0LAUM said:

Rondo of Blood!

Please!

No one cares about the PSP or the remake. I don't want to play it on a small screen either! I want Rondo so bad it makes my head spin!

Link79

Link79 said:

If Hudson is paying any attention they should know that Rondo of Blood is on just about everyones most wanted list. I would drink bats blood for a chance to own it on my American Wii. I don't care if it's translated or not. It doesn't need it anyway. Just give us the game already so I can die happy.

Jon2

Jon2 said:

Good news! As for the games, anything and everything for the TG16. My favourite console on the VC!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Link79: I'll prepare some bats blood for you when it comes out ;). As for tonight's update, I'm predicting games on Nintendo platforms for the next month. Thinking we'll get Smash Bros. in the next 4 weeks. But probably a NES game tonight.

AJL

AJL said:

Of that list, I'd purchase Rondo of Blood, at least one of the Mario Partys and maybe Adventure Island

Mendez

Mendez said:

I really want Rondo of Blood and Mario Party. I'm dying to play the first one again, so many memories waiting to be brought back!

Link79

Link79 said:

@ Drake
I'd gladly purchase Ai Cho Aniki on VC if it ever gets released.
I bought the first one a while back and even though it was seriously deranged and weird as hell I loved it. I hear the sequel is even better. If Nintendo was kind enough to allow the original game to be released here I can't see any reason why we can't have Ai Cho Aniki.

Goompapa

Goompapa said:

I'll have the Rondo, please. I'm not familiar with most of the other TG-16 games, but I'll buy anything good.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

OMG OMG OMG WHAT ARE NINTENDO BRINGING TO THE WII-SHOP CHANNEL!?!?!?!?

Edit: Ok, now I've contained myself

Michi

Michi said:

I definitely want to see these games here, with major emphasis on Dracula X. Yes, I have it on the PSP, but I just don't care for the way it emulates on that system.

Ai Cho Aniki (TG16)
Cotton (TG16)
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TG16)
Magical Chase (TG16)
Parodius (TG16)
Ys III and IV (TG16)

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Again, someone wanna fill me in on the lack of Ys 5 here? Is it cause it was on SNES? It was my understanding we could ask for any platform Hudson supported.

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

@WarioFan - I actually wasn't aware there was a fifth Ys game. I'd add it to my list, but I'm already low on money as it is. :p Still, I hope Hudson releases all of the older Ys games on the VC. I really enjoyed I & II. :)

And yeah, I'm pretty sure we can ask for any game published/developed by Hudson, no matter what system.

Foamyfan231

Foamyfan231 said:

Super Bonk 1 & 2, Mario Party 1, 2 & 3, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, and 1941: Counter Attack. I would appreciate those games and if they are on the VC, I would happily shut up about the complaining about the VC games here

dk_xcalibur

dk_xcalibur said:

Please, please....release Tricky Kick for the TG16! When I owned a TG16, this was my favorite game.

MethodOne

MethodOne said:

Bomberman 64 (N64)
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (TG16)
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
Super Bonk (SNES)
Bomberman Hero (N64)
Cotton (TG16)

KingMike

KingMike said:

The problem with both Ys 4 games and Ys 5 is that they were never translated, and since they're RPGs, it's a big problem. :)
(Hudson developed the TG-CD version of Ys 4, and Tonkin House/Tokyo Shoseki/whatever they call themselves now developed a seperate Ys 4 for SNES. There was also a Genesis Ys 4 that never came out, but probably would've been yet another game.
Ys 5 came out only on SNES in normal and "expert" versions.
(though I think the entire series ended up on PS2 in Japan only. I THINK. I can't remember if NEC released a 1+2 port or if that was a rumor. Taito remade 3-5.)

Objection

Objection said:

@Stardust-Becuase Hudson was involved in their development and so they probably have some kind of legal ownership over the series. At least, that's what I think since we haven't seen one on VC yet.

Captain_Konami

Captain_Konami said:

@103. Starwolf_UK:

Wow, a platformer that "scrolls" frame by frame. Truely "Special" indeed. (Although I do like the properly black moustache on Mario....at least when he isn't flickering into every other icon in the game)

And yet oddly, I now want it on my VC (just to remind me of the true value of most NES games).

slangman

Sapphire
Parasol Stars
Darius Alpha
New Zealand Story

Cally

Cally said:

I had a hard time believing that VC thing anyway. Even though Nintendo has jerked them around, does Hudson have much of anything better to do these days?

AUnkownFuture

AUnkownFuture said:

I want all Mario party games but im gonna have to download 2 of them because i want more space on Super Smash Bros

Terra

Terra said:

Here are my suggestions. Note that this doesn't include games already announced by Hudson. Not that there are many known games coming from hudson but still.

This is what i'd like to see in the future from the list you guys posted.
Darius Plus
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
Hagane
Mario Party 1, 2 & 3
New Zealand Story
Parodius
Parasol Stars
Salamander
Sapphire
Space Fantasy Zone
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Super Adventure Island II
Super Bonk 1 & 2
Ys III

This is what i'd like to see that wasn't on the list from Hudson
Adventure Island II-IV
Super Adventure Island I-II
Star Force
Bomberman II

Turbografx Games i'd like to see in general
Sinistron
Raiden
Deep Blue
Zero Wing
That's about half of them.

And this is what i'd like to see that has been released in the US but not Europe yet.
Star Soldier
Milon's Secret Castle
Ordyne

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Star Soldier
Milon's Secret Castle
Ordyne

Trust me, you're not missing anything.