Bubble Bobble Plus Out On WiiWare Next Week

Posted by Darren Calvert

...If you are in Japan of course! Yes that’s right, no sooner than Bubble Bobble Wii was announced now it is dated for release on Tuesday, 10th February on Nintendo of Japan’s website.

The game will have 200 maps, 100 for the original game and another 100 in the arrange mode. Taking into account the two difficulty settings this makes a mighty 400 maps. Four players are also supported, Bub and Bob are joined by Bab and Bib in their eternal quest to defeat the nasty Count Von Blubba. There are also online leaderboards available - all this for just 800 Wii points.

Being a Square Enix / Taito game it would not be complete without a smattering of DLC to mop up any spare Wii points you might happen to have. The two ‘expert’ packs will be priced at 200 Wii points each and both offer 50 more stages and a new boss to defeat.

Watch out for our first impressions by our resident Japanese correspondent Sean following the Japanese release. We’re confident of a Western release under the Bubble Bobble Plus! moniker, but when exactly that will be is anybody’s guess… not long we hope!

Nintendo of Japan

Alienjesus

Alienjesus said:

the name conventions in bubble bobble are truly wonderful... Bab and bib? looking forward to this in the UK though.

also, first (and when i only signed up yesterday~? bonus!)

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

I was gonna say...out this week!! As much as I want to see this game, I don't have the extra points to get this and LIT, let alone DLC. Also I really want LIT to do well so I don't want a big shot like Square or Hudson to have a release on the same day.

Golgo

Golgo said:

What about Beb?! I hope there's a Beb available via DLC,
just to bring closure to the vowels.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Hmm, they changed the name of the final boss from Super Drunk to Count Von Blubba... I understand. I just hope they also make him a smidge easier! Anyone who's gotten to the end of the original Bubble Bobble knows what I'm talking about.

Also there are were 120 levels in the NES Bubble Bobble. You had to do something special and then you could get access to level 0A on.. and then you get to an even harder version of the boss!

tkubas1

tkubas1 said:

Lit looks dumb, really dumb. I hope it gets realeased on world of goo 2 day. Bubble bobble looks average at best.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

"...If you are in Japan of course!"

That's Dazza all right...always pulling our leg. =P

I'm hoping to see some video footage once it is released in Japan. I'll also be praying that the character designs look better on video than they do on the screenshots we have been seeing.

Chipmunk777

Chipmunk777 said:

Man.... You got me all excited about next week! :P Lit and Bubble Bobble+ would make for a great week

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Bubble Bobble Plus Out On WiiWare Next Week
WOOO
...If you are in Japan of course!
Awww

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

"Bubble Bobble Plus Out On Wiiware Next Week."
"...If you are in Japan of course!"

Way to ruin my dreams, Dazza. :(

@tkubas. WoG 2? Where did you hear about this?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@SmaMan:
"Hmm, they changed the name of the final boss from Super Drunk to Count Von Blubba"

This might be a mistake...Von Blubba is that ghostly whale thing that shows up and kills you if you take too long to complete a stage. Super Drunk DID have an alternate name, but it wasn't that. Can't remember what it was though.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

That was cold! I got all excited and went strait to the comments. I then backtracked up and saw that whole Japan only thing. I hope we get it soon.

Chris_Neilson

Chris_Neilson said:

Woootooo (tireskipping)
next week on monday pick up bubble bobble plus.

Im make bubble bobble portal on gamemaker.

Mik

Mik said:

This game looks quite nice and I may snap it up for a paltry 800 Wii points. Considering what you get it's a fantastic deal!

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Damn you Darren. Damn you straight to hell. You and your "Bubble bobble + is out next week ... in japan". You just love to crush my dreams, don't you? Either way, it was a nice prank XD, glad to see I wasn't the only one fooled. Let's hope it comes out soon, by the end of the month perhaps? Probably not, but we can hope.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Dazza: Damnit Daz! I was jumping up and down, then I clicked this and get:

"in Japan"

You are an evil little mushroom mod you know that :(

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Haha wait until you find out I made Bab and Bib up too! I am in a naughty mood today! lol

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

@Dazza: No Bab and Bib? It was a good idea, anyhow. I guess the other two players are simply unnamed. :( I will continue to call them Bab and Bib when I buy the game. ;) Bib will be appropriate for the pink one.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

lol, I would've been disappointed over his comments too at the start if I didn't find out about this before I saw it here. :P

Objection

Objection said:

Whenever someone says "in Japan" I think of Bandit Keith saying "in America" from YGOTAS. That stuff has been embedded into my brain.

Terra

Terra said:

Not too surprised it's coming out so soon to be honest. It was revealed a fair while ago so i did think that when all this new info was revealed, it wouldn't be long. Should be worth a look, although i probably won't get it for ages.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

You're pure evil Dazza, this is my most anticipated wiiware game; still, I prefer it to come later on since I have no way to get wiipoints right now, so: Nice prank Dazza ;).

Alienjesus

Alienjesus said:

@19 - surely bab is more suited to the pink one considering its a girls name anyway. an abbreviation of barbera i think.

still bab and bib they will be named from this point on, if you talk to these guys you should suggest those names!

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Daz, you have to stop being so evil. That's Corbie's job
Agreed, unless there's some kind of Freaky Friday goings on here...

-TR

-TR said:

Yeah, I wouldn't of belived for a minute that it was coming out in the UK or US next week.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

@Chicken Brutus
Oh yeah, you're right. Well maybe the final boss would be easier with four players... now I just have to find three other people...

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Haha I like how you guys think Corbie is teh Evil... in his spare time he helps old ladies across the road and bakes cookies for the homeless.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

The Bubble Bobble 2 (aka Bubble Symphony) arcade game featured four characters to choose from two being "girly" dinosaurs called Kululun and Cororon (Bub and Bob's full names are apparently Bubblun and Bobblun) which are orange and pink respectively. I'll be curious to see if that's who these other characters are or if they're completely new.

Bubble Bobble 2 is included on the Taito Legends 2 collection for PC (although I have a ahem less legitimate mode of playing this) if you're interested...

Chris_Neilson

Chris_Neilson said:

Hey, Bubble Bobble Plus Out On WiiWare Feb 10 2009 in japan and next week us and eu.

plz more screenshot.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i can't wait i love the bubble bobble games and with all the maps the game will never grow old i just hope we get it soon