Tetris Party Tournament No. 2 Details

Posted by Darren Calvert

If you missed your chance to compete in the last Tetris Party tournament then here is your second chance:

WHAT: Tetris® Party Tournament No. 2 for WiiWareTM. In this exciting 15-day tournament, players in groups of two can compete playing the Co-op mode to win 1200 Wii Points™.

HOW: Tournament No. 2 will feature one of Tetris Party’s most popular variants - Co-op Tetris- which requires two players to cooperatively play to achieve a high score.

To register, one player from the team must visit www.tetrisparty.com/tournament. This is also where he or she will input their confirmation code, which will be given by the game at the conclusion of the 15-day tournament period. The team’s final rank in Co-op Tetris will determine the amount of tournament points they receive.

The top 100 eligible entrants on the leaderboard will receive 1200 Wii Points™ from Tetris Online.

WHEN: Starts: February 1, 2009 at 12 a.m. (GMT)

Ends: February 15, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. (GMT)

WHERE: www.tetrisparty.com/tournament

WHO: Tetris Online, Inc.

About Tetris Online:

Tetris Online, Inc. is the exclusive online licensee of The Tetris Company, LLC of all rights to the world-famous TETRIS® game in North America and Europe. Founded in January 2006 by Minoru Arakawa and Henk Rogers, Tetris Online is a developer and publisher of electronic entertainment properties. Titles include Tetris Splash for Xbox LIVE® Arcade and Tetris Friends (check it out at www.tetrisfriends.com), which can currently be found on Facebook. Tetris Online is privately held and headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii. For more information about Tetris Online, please visit the company’s web site at www.tetrisonline.com.

MORE INFO: Additional details on Tetris Party Tournament No. 2:

In order to participate in the second tournament, each eligible team must play for a minimum of five minutes. Two players will cooperate to compete for the highest score and lowest time to clear 150 lines.

Additional tournaments with all new challenges are scheduled for 2009. More details are to follow.

Terra

Terra said:

So, just so i've got this clear. Is this happening in Europe and the US or only one of the regions?

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

.1 I need to be sure that i dont have work or class on the tournament days
.2 I wonder if the partner can be an online friend...

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

I'm almost positive it has to be local co-op.

So I guess I'll stop the trend here.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

If this is local co-op, count me out. If it's online, I'm in, if I can register that Wii points card my mom's been holding captive in time...

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

i'll have to play with 2 wiimotes lol

Have you tried?
I just did and it was terrible. lol

EJD

EJD said:

I tried the first competition and I'm not very good at Tetris Party as it is. I'll most likely pass this one, I don't know any Tetris fans. I hope other WiiWare games with online high scores will have competitions like this.

slambert215

slambert215 said:

@AlexSays
No, not yet! I taught you could use pointer controls in this game, is that true?
The bad part is none of my friends like Tetris! They just want to play Gears...

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Yay for Tetris Party tournaments! Boo for co-op tournaments :(
But hell, we're all gonna be in the same position, so I suppose it's fair.

One thing I don't like about these though is the way that you have to register your scores - which I kept forgetting to do - why can't they just register them from the console?

Petwoip

Petwoip said:

This will be good for me and my brother, since we both like the game a lot. And being twins, cooperation shouldn't be hard.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

So just to clarify this is LOCAL co-op, correct? ONLINE Co-op would be awesome, no doubt.

I'm not TOO good at this game. I suck online because I'm always whooped by amazing players.

@SRPirate: I'd love to if we could! LOL.