Planet Pachinko Out Next Monday On WiiWare

Posted by Darren Calvert

Readers with good memories will remember last month that we did an interview with Allied Kingdoms about their upcoming game Planet Pachinko. It’s great to see an indie company taking a chance on WiiWare with something original like this.

The good news is for anyone interested in this that it will be available for download next Monday (12th Jan) in North America, for only 500 Wii points.

Check out the short trailer for a better impression of what the gameplay will be like for yourselves:

Look out for our full review of Planet Pachinko later next week.

tatemon555

tatemon555 said:

Awesome! First comment!
This looks decent, but the character design isn't that good, and it was a little blurry, but 500 Wii points? I might check this out.

gameking23

gameking23 said:

I hope this game is good, but when is Equilibrio going to come out? I heard it was comming out soon but when. Hopefully it will come out on the same day.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

There have been a lot of 500 point games recently. Just an observation not making judgments on the game yet. It sure looked like there was alot going on in that video.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

ACK! Whoa...
That one gave me vertigo. Seriously, if this game is as confusing as it looks, I don't see me buying it.

RADE

RADE said:

Yeah but I wouldn't give up on it just yet..it is just 500 Wii Points.. I'll wait for the review.

shadows262

shadows262 said:

pass on this one
im guessing a 6 or 7 from this title
i hope evasive spave comes out this month as its supposed to

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I donthave much hope for this. I mean in real Pachinko you just flip the switch and watch it go. This could be fun in game form though. im interested to see what the devs do.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Mmmm? At first I couldn't figure out which one was the controlled character, very confusing indeed, not for me.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@ Bahamut:

You're right. Pachinko is really just about lining up your shot and letting it go, but it's been a sensation for decades upon decades in Japan, so there must be something addictive about it! I'd give it a shot. And besides, watch the trailer...there's more going on than that! (Although I admit it looks like there's TOO MUCH going on.)

I'll wait for a review, but I could see myself enjoying this. 500 points makes me more likely to take a gamble on it, too.

Objection

Objection said:

If my impressions from the video are accurate then I'm going to give this a miss. Hope the other game (Or GAMES please!) that supplements its release are more exciting.

MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho said:

I like the music, but WTF was going on in those clips? It's like bullet hell run and gun in a vertical scrolling field, or something. You wouldn't think it was that insane just from looking at the screenshots though.

Hungry

Hungry said:

When you look at the video on its YouTube page in high quality, the game looks a lot more appealing. It looks like two player co-op in this video. I haven't seen anything like this before so I might give it a shot

Found it through the games site:

MisterSmith

MisterSmith said:

Let's hope for the best, since WiiWare seems to have been in kind of a rut as of late.

Either that or hope for a double header alongside Cave Story. ;)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Okay, after having seen the video it looks...pretty lame. Too bad, I was actually looking forward to it. We don't get too many action/platformers these days, no good ones at least. Viewtiful Joe was the last one, if I recall correctly.

bwaybuddy26

bwaybuddy26 said:

Look at the video on the developer's website, it really makes it look better. I think this could be a fun little game.

slambert215

slambert215 said:

Even if it gets a good review I doubt people are going to buy it. Most people in the us probably have no idea what pachinko is.

MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho said:

Mushroom Men has a Pachinko mini-game... (Actually, I know I've seen it incorporated into other games as well before this. You're right that most won't be familiar with the name though.)

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

It really doesn't look very good to me. I don't think the name is going to help it in the sales dept either.

Robster

Robster said:

Mmmm, let's just say that if I'd made a teaser/trailer for a game I'd be sure to make it a bit more euuhhhmmm coherent.... Seems interesting but don't know what the hell is going on.

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

It really doesn't matter if you know what Pachinko is or not. By the looks of things... this is Pachinko in name only.

Adam

Adam said:

Yea, in real Pachinko you don't control your ball, and you can't shoot the enemies. Probably because there are none. This isn't Pachinko except in theme.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

This looks WILD. And for 500 points, hopefully it's not going to be a duff one - only time (five days, to be precise) will tell.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

It looks interesting and intense judging from the game play video. I'm looking forward to reviewing it on Monday. :)

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

I'm not liking the art style ... I'm gonna save my money (after I buy madworld and Cunduit) for Evasive space or something.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Hey, I saw two WiiWare games in NGamer that has yet to appear on the coming soon lists here. Or even mentioned at all as far as I know.

Dog Racing, published by SIMS. You have to tell your dog how to run the course, when to slow down and when to be careful etc... The picture is clearly 1/10 material though. Green grass. Blue sky. Three white fences and a white dog. Very basic detail. A SNES could run it easily going by this single pic.

And there's also Shootano by Grand Prix. Its an evolution game - you shoot dinosaurs I think as a monkey and evolve through the ages until you become a man and have more modern targets. Like Dodos the magazine says. The picture looks very nice. If it plays as well as it looks then it would score quite highly.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Ok this is messed up. I heard a REAL Pachinko game will be available on Japanese WiiWare on Tuesday the 13th.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

I don't see anything wrong with the graphics from the screenshots. I like graphics. I think they look pretty good. Though the video looks blurry.

From the video it looks like some sort of battle game (like smash Bros., Acme Arsenal, or Powerstone.) Not so much a platformer. Be nice if it was a platformer though.
I think that people should wait before they make any harsh judgements. It's not even out yet.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@Bass X0 - These are both headed for Japanese WiiWare as far as we know. If we hear anything about a release in the west we'll pick up on them.