Meat Boy Plushie and Musical Track Now Available

Posted by Corbie Dillard

If you're feeling like getting into the Super Meat Boy spirit, you can now surf over to the Super Meat Boy Blog and purchase your very own Meat Boy plushie. How can you resist a cute little plushie that's in the shape of a piece of meat?

Edmund has also just posted one of the first musical tracks from the Super Meat Boy game for your listening enjoyment as well. You can check it out below.

If you're looking to follow the development of Super Meat Boy for the WiiWare service, this blog needs to be in your bookmarks as Edmund and Tommy have promised to document the development of the game on the blog.

We'll have more information on Super Meat Boy as it becomes available.

Untitled

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

WANT PLUSHIE NOW PLZ - but wait... sold out? Awww... fudge.

Also: you hearing this, Two Tribes? Plushies appear to sell well - HINT HINT.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I dont get this Meat Boy thing. It just looks wierd, but not in the cool way (like Samarui Toaster).

Maybe Im just wierd :P

Nintendork

Nintendork said:

1 Word: NO!!!!!! (for the plush) Music sounds better than B-plus's tunes though (that's not hard to do though) :(

EDIT @#5
Hello, look up at my username. Of course I don't think before I type. :P

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Nintendork: That comment makes very little sense at all, especially since Bplus's games are completely different to Meat Boy and so can't be compared. Whilst you're at it - why not compare it to the music from World of Goo, since you've had the chance to hear them already since they are also free. Bplus music is better for those who have played their games, since you'll likely get a lot more out of hearing the free tracks, and I doubt you've bought their games due to your ignorance to the whole subject.
This article is about Super Meat Boy - why not talk about the music from Super Meat Boy, rather than compare it to something different entirely. That sentence was almost like comparing Mario Galaxy to Tetris - try thinking about what you're saying please.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

(Note to self: Next time order Meat Boy plushie BEFORE putting the news item up so it's not sold out.) :)

And I personally love that musical track. I can't wait to hear more of the music from the game.

mojo25

mojo25 said:

I am looking forward to this game, but not as much as I am with Toribash: Violence Perfected. Can't wait! :D

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Corbie: ah well... no doubt they'll get more stock in at some point - most likely once the game's out. I also love the music, and if anyone mis-understood what I was saying in the comment above, I was simply bashing Nintendork's comment, not the music, which makes me all the more excited for Super Meat Boy.

Oh, and I thought that there was something wrong with the plushie that I couldn't put my finger on - thanks PALgamer for helping me realize. Where did his teeth go?

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Meh, I prefer a Pole/Poacher plushie (as long as the plushies are not vulgar), even though I saw blood in a gameplay video...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Wiiloveit(#5)

Dude, music is music, no matter what the context. It certainly doesn't matter what kind of game it is. If he likes the music from Super Meat Boy more than the ones from BPlus's, that's fine.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Nice music, looking forward to this game. The plushie looks retarded. I'll go back to my 30" Bowser plush

Virus

Virus said:

Plushie isn't quite that amazing, but music sounds pretty good to me. I'm am steadily growing to anticipate this game as I hear more about it and play the flash game. If it improves on some things (mainly control), this might be a must-buy for me.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Mickeymac: Yeah, but if you've played the game, you'll like the music a lot more on your iPod or whatever, than if you hadn't and just wanted to try the music. And I wasn't really telling him it was wrong not to like Bplus's music, I was poking at him for comparing them since the music is a completely different style. I mean... it's like comparing Britney Spears to Weird Al (sorta).

Oh, and on the subject of plushies: I got one of Yoshi.

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

Just noticed the plush is based on the original flash game.
No wonder it looks different :|

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Wiiloveit

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't make sense here. If he had played one game and not the other, then you're argument would work here, but he hasn't played either of them, so to him, they're just music. EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about the style of music? Well, then it's completely up to personal opinion. EX: I like the style of music in this soundtrack more than the style of music in the BPlus games.

And Weird Al pwns Britney Spears.:P

On the subject of the plushie, I've been meaning to get myself a Leo(VG Cats) plushie for some time now.