High Voltage Voltage Hot Rod Show Dated For 19th Jan

Posted by Darren Calvert

Way back in October we caught up with our pals at High Voltage to bring you the inside scoop on their upcoming racing game High Voltage Hot Rod Show.

This Micro Machines style racer certainly looks like it could pack a punch when it hits WiiWare, which fortunately will not be a long wait for North American gamers as the press release below confirms:

Hoffman Estates, IL – January 8, 2009 - High Voltage Software, Inc., one of the world’s largest independent developers, today announced that High Voltage Hot Rod Show, the company’s latest WiiWare title, has been scheduled for release via Nintendo’s downloadable service on January 19th at a price of 1,000 Wii Points.

High Voltage Hot Rod Show is an arcade-style racing title that centers on a unique boost system which requires players to pull off dare-devil stunts in order to achieve maximum speed. The game was built using the company’s proprietary Quantum 3 Game Engine technology, which provides stunning graphical performance.

“We want to wish racing fans a happy New Year by announcing the release of High Voltage Hot Rod Show,” said Kerry J. Ganofsky, CEO and founder of High Voltage Software. “Wii owners who are looking for a tightly focused and highly competitive racing experience should look no further.”

“The team worked extremely hard to refine the look and feel of the game,” said Eric Nofsinger, Chief Creative Officer of High Voltage Software. “Whether you’re playing against AI, working to beat the best online leaderboard times, or racing up to four of your friends in split-screen mode, we think players will be blown away by the experience.”

Nickname

Nickname said:

Phew! A game Mario Kart alike with great multiplayer options and leaderboards for 1000 points and furthermore it looks decent, I think this is a great package for WiiWare, seems the Ninty service is really improving.

blockhead

blockhead said:

hell yes ill buy it just to support High Voltage for there great games like this the conduit, animales, and evasive space

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

3. blockhead: I've been hearing Animales might not be on wiiware anymore though, which sucks ... Still, High Voltage is doing good.

Terra

Terra said:

Oh great. Another HVS Game most of Europe won't even touch. At least we get The Conduit but they could at least give us something over here on the WiiWare front. Why we haven't gotten anything at all is a complete mystery.

Surely they have the money to localize it for European regions or maybe (but doubtful, also i'm starting to believe so) They're a bunch of lazy Mother******* who don't give a F*** about Europe and would rather keep us waiting and deprived WiiWare Wise. I know i'm making too big a deal out of it but come on, they could do better.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Another High Voltage game that won't live up to the hype?
I can't wait.

Lol.
The games they've released have been so mediocre, you had to use games that aren't even out yet. :D

ness

ness said:

I don't know, for me the content is just too little for 1000 points.

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

I thought that it would be nice to know what games are coming out ahead of time. After reading about the next couple of weeks, I am not that sure.

Yasume

Yasume said:

T_T I was really looking forward to this, but there's not going to be a PAL release, just as I thought.

tatemon555

tatemon555 said:

Awesome!!! Finally, a WiiWare racing game that actually looks fun. I'll probably consider this.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

It's a shame that
a) this will probably not be released in Europe
and b) there are only six tracks

Otherwise, I can't see this going too badly.

Watching paint dry is better than Spogs. I have never played Spogs though
How do you know it's better, then? I mean, it's clear that the game is pretty freaking bad, but how can you compare it without playing it?

blockhead

blockhead said:

@ alexsays
I dont know if you have ever played played Gyrostarr but i can tell you that its not mediocre. The graphics were great for a wiiware game and its very fun you have friends over. I have hope that the games i listed will do well.

Stratos

Stratos said:

This seems to have come out of left field compared to other HVS games like Animales and Conduit which are constantly being delayed. I was not expecting this one until Summer, or late Spring at the earliest since they supposedly started on Animales long before this one and so I was expecting Animales to come first (be it a disc or d/l based game).

Fleeman

Fleeman said:

i can't wait for this game it looks great i'm guessing it will get atleast a 7 in the review

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

@Objection_Blaster: I love that movie, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are hilarious! Also loved Run fatboy Run (Nick wasn't in that) and Shaun of the Dead. Funkin awesome. All who disagree! ... pfffffft, jog on!

Anywho, yeah, looks pretty good. Hope there's downloadable content (new cars, tracks possibly even songs).

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Not to be a prick, but you have the title listed as "High Voltage Voltage" at the top of this page and it's driving me nuts. ;-)

Definitely interested in seeing how good this turns out.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Yeah I noticed that too ... Sorta releated topic, did you know in the first harry potter book when it shows the list of what Harry needs to get it says "A wand" twice?

calculon

calculon said:

I have every respect for the work that High Voltage have put into their graphics engine. I wouldn't mind playing this game either as it's about the only HV game that looks like fun (other than Animales) Plus it has the added advantage of a graphics palette and (for once) sensible use of neon and lens-flare effects that don't make me want to puke.