Evasive Space Cleared for February Lift-Off

Posted by Damien McFerran

We’ve had our beady eyes on High Voltage’s Evasive Space for a while now, and on more than one occasion we would find ourselves pondering that vital question: when is this excellent-looking WiiWare title going to be made available for public consumption?

Well, we can finally put these thoughts to rest because one of the most promising titles we've seen in a long time just became a little less 'evasive' (hoho! Ahem).

Publisher Akinai Games (Yuke's in disguise) has put us out of our misery by announcing that the game is due to hit the North American WiiWare store on 16th February, so mark those calendars, guys.

In the meantime, check out our exclusive interview with the developer. It’s a jolly fine read.

Terra

Terra said:

Maybe they'll give us what us Europeans have wanted to at least sample for ages, a HVS Game. We can hope.

themortalangel

themortalangel said:

I dunno it looks great graphics and color wise, but it jsut doesnt seem like my cup of tea just yet. it's gonna have to pull an 8 or higher to get my vote.

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

I think this looks really good. However, I will wait for a review to see how it plays.

gameking23

gameking23 said:

Yay now I know when this game is comming. If this game turns out to be a good one I might just buy it.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

After watching the vid on the Evasive Space game page, I realize that this game plays a lot like Shred Nebula, a crappy shooter on XBLA. I mean sure, the levels seem better, and you don't have enemies coming at you from every which way dispite the fact that you can only shoot in one direction (actually, I don't think you can shoot at all in ES), but still, this game will probably be crap as well.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I hope this does well. I'm not hugely excited about it, but some good reviews could definitely change my mind.

Stratos

Stratos said:

Since this is almost released, we should expect another announcement from HVS about their next WW game that is NOT Animales. That was announced first and what do we see since? Blackjack, Gyrostarr, Hot Rod and Evasive. Still no Animales.

mojo25

mojo25 said:

Hmm...I'm not so excited about this game because the gameplay does look repetetive...move around, dodge the walls, and repeat. :

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Another High Voltage game, another 7?

If Corbie ends up reviewing it then I would put money on this getting 7/10 :P

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I hope this is good, but until a European release is confirmed, I simply don't care.

shadows262

shadows262 said:

Eh, this`ll be an average title on WiiWare I just know it but its ok because we`re all use to it.
HVS should really get Animales out already, since I`m really looking forward to that title.

Virus

Virus said:

I don't really have much hope for this one. Control scheme looks severely iffy.

ness

ness said:

For me it looks great, hopefully this time it gets at least an 8^^-

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Darn. I was REALLY hoping it would come this month! This is one of my most anticipated WiiWare titles for Q1. Oh well, on the bright side, this means that Snowboard Riot's release is that much more likely for this coming Monday!!

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@KS8: I doubt it - don't forget about Same Game, by the same developer (Hudson), although they're a funny bunch so you could end up with either.

Fleeman

Fleeman said:

Lit is coming out feb 9 according to ign so feburary shaping up to be the best wiiware month ever

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Looking forward to this one; I hope High Voltage nailed the controls; they truly are the make-or-break factor of this game.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Ricardo91: Well, we'll have to see if Corbie is reviewing it or not before claiming it'll get a seven, although yes, I agree with you. As Jackolantern said though, if HVS got the controls right, then this would be awesome.

tatemon555

tatemon555 said:

I am definitely getting this, even if it gets the 7/10 that the others didn't deserve.