Top 20 WiiWare Games in USA (3rd Dec)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Wednesday again which can only mean one thing. It's time to take a look at the most popular WiiWare titles available in the Wii Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to your Wii Shop channel, heading into the WiiWare section and then viewing "Popular Games". It's that simple! Trust us, if we can do it, anyone can.

We compile this list using the USA region Wii Shop channel, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is a measure of actual sales made recently, not of the total time the game has been available for sale.

Here is the list for the 3rd of December:

16 (11) - The Incredible Maze
17 (16) - Frat Party Games - Pong Toss
18 (17) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
19 (19) - LostWinds
20 (-) - Boingz

N denotes a new entry

World of Goo continues its reign this week and once again Tetris Party is right on its heels. My Aquarium managed to jump back up to the #3 spot again with last week's #3 title Brain Challenge dropping down two places to #5.

Both of last week's new entries have now entered the Top 20. Sudoku Challenge comes in at #10 and Boingz grabs the bottom spot at #20. Unfortunately neither of this week's WiiWare releases has managed to make the Top 20 as of yet.

The biggest climber this week was Sudoku Challenge which went from not even charting all the way up to the #10 spot, while the biggest dropper was Strong Bad Episode 4 - Dangeresque 3 which dropped 6 spots. The Strong Bad releases tend to come on strong and then fade fast. Strong Bad Episode 3 - Baddest of the Bands has now joined Episode 1 and 2 dropping completely off the charts altogether.

gameking23

gameking23 said:

1st post yay for me. Anyway its great news that TIM and Pong Toss have both dropped in the chart. Next up they fall off the charts.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Im always a bit confused about why theres lament about the new releases not showing up on the list 2 days after theyre released.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Well it's a rare thing for new releases to show up that quickly, but since it has happened before, I figured I'd at least make small talk about it. :)

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Hello there, Sweden calling. And we'd like to present a chart to all you fine people (the scruffy ones may look aswell).

Here's this week's Swedish top 20:
(-) 15 - Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
(14) 16 - TV Show King
(19) 17 - Helix
(11) 18 - LostWinds
(18) 19 - SPOGS Racing
(20) 20 - Cocoto Fishing Master

This week's wall of text presents you with:

• Mega Man 9 is in 1st again. 100% attachment rate, here we come?
  • Art Style: Cubello breaks into 3rd in a rather impressive move that bumps Tetris Party out of the top 3. Compared to how it performed in the US this is rather astonishing. Seems there might be good times ahead for the Art Style series.
  • In 9th we find the biggest climber of the week and unsurprisingly that honor goes to Strong Bad Episode 3 considering its lackluster performance last week when it fizzled into 15th. Still, the 6 spots climb to 9th is weeker than what one could expect and things are indeed looking a bit gloomy for the Strong Bad series as a whole.
  • Wild West Guns is turning into quite the yo-yo game, following up last week's 6 spot slide with a 5 spot climb. It's now in 12th.
  • Swedish Wii owners has once again turned their backs on this poor excuse of a game and relegated The Incredible Maze 4 spots into 13th. It's still not quite as low as it was two weeks ago but all in good time I guess.
  • In 15th we have our sole new entry and it's the game that was left behind by its fellow debutees last week. Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam finally made it into the charts and while it's not really a good performance by any means
  • LostWinds dropped big this week and is infact our biggest faller... Of a sort. Atleast when only counting charting games. It's 7 spots big drop would just a few weeks ago be considered a huge drop, but after Alien Crush Returns last week, 7 spots into 18th seems like little more than a footnote. And to be honest, it's not really the biggest faller of the week...
  • Cause that honor goes to Midnight Pool. Since it charted in 12th last week, it has at minimum had a 9 spots big drop, and quite possibly more. I guess the pool playing community isn't big enough for more then one game at a time.

New games this Friday which means lots of exciting things happening next week. Could we possibly get 4 games this week too? Might be too much to hope for but I'm optimistic. Could it finally be time for Gradius Rebirth? Pretty please?

Jonny

Jonny said:

Really makes me happy to keep seeing world of goo out there, as a game gets great reviews and the sales to match it, shows other companies that if they make a great game it will sell.

Sadly it appears good (8/10) games, are a much harder sell.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Oh yeah mentioning it is fine, I just wish you wouldnt sound so sad about it!
I remember the LAST time Corbie was super depressed. The surviving families got the flowers by the way.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I knew Sudoku would do really well. I expect it to stay on the top 20 for a long time and will probably spawn a bunch of copycat titles.

Its a shame Mega Man 9 is slipping

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

i'm pretty stunned lost winds is still doing so well. i just removed it from my fridge to make room for space invaders.

i didn't notice. when did all of the art style games fall out?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ WarioFan63 - I guess it would be worth mentioning more if a new release did make the Top 20 instead of those that didn't make it. In truth, I needed some filler and that was there for the taking. :)

@ wanderlustwarrior - Someone didn't read the comments in the last Top 20. :P Check comment #17.

Ratengo

Ratengo said:

Hello!

This is my very first post on WiiWare World. Sometimes, I will list the top 20 games from the Japanese Wii Shop on this site for your information. The current chart consists of following games:

1 - Minna no Pokemon Bokujou: Platina Taiouban
2 - Wi-Fi 8 Hito Battle Bomberman
3 - Kurohige Kikiippatsu Wii
4 - Tataite! Mogupon
5 - Rockman 9: Yabou no Fukkatsu!!
6 - Cue Sports : Wi-Fi Taisen Billiards
15 - Okiraku Ping Pong Wii
16 - Yakuman Wii: Ide Yosuke no Kenkou Mahjong
17 - Okiraku Air Hockey Wii
18 - Tokyo City Nights
19 - Dr. Mario & Saikin Bokumetsu
20 - Silver Star Mahjong

Japan got a new horoscope channel called ‘Kyou to Ashita no Uranai Lucky Channel’ yesterday.

That’s all for the week! See you next time. :-)

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

I'm surprised that Get Even didn't shoot to the top of the charts. Being only 500 points, it's one of the cheapest games ever on the system. Perhaps WiiWare customers are well educated customers? (Yet games like Pokemon Ranch do well. So maybe not.)

Oh, and if you want my opinion (which I'm sure you don't), it's a waste of 500 points. The first level (2 areas + 1 boss) can be zipped through in minutes, leaving you feeling like you just flushed your points down the toilet. Wish I'd kept them for GH:WT DLC. :-/

If you decide to get Get Even, approach it with the idea of spending $20 on a budget title. (Which, without the disc, seems too expensive for my cheapskate nature.) Otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

@Ratengo - Awesome! Thanks for the info! I have no idea what half those games are, but it's still cool to know! :)

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Worid of Goo should stay on the top for many weeks; it's curious how some games like DYC and LW seem as they're gonna stay in the charts forever, meanwhile others fluctuate too much, the good thing is that Pong Toss will be out soon, I hope. Oh, yes and Go The Incredible Maze! :P
@Ratengo
WELCOME!
What?, Japan got an Horoscope Channel,:O those lucky ba***rds.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Corbie, if you need filler, I suggest doing a song and dance routine. Itll be bigger then High School Musical!

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Hi Ratengo: you have one of my old avatars! Ah well, I'll let you keep it - especially since we got the Japanese charts listed - AWESOME! Oh, and does that MM9 subheading say what I think it says?
These charts went up much earlier today didn't they? Djungelurban still wasn't perturbed by this though I see.
@Twilight Crow: here's the full story - it doesn't seem likely we'll be getting this. Like with the TV Listings, TV viewing and Photo printy channels. Meh - at least it wasn't important.

Anyways: onto the UK charts:
11) NEW Strong Bad Episode 3 Baddest of the Bands
12) My Pokemon Ranch
13) Wild West Guns
14) LostWinds
15) FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King
16) NEW Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
17) Mega Man 9 (yes, I know...)
18) Cocoto Fishing master
19) Helix
20) Midnight Pool

A fairly interesting chart this week, then. Games released on the last "WiiWare day" marked as new, just as they are on the Wii Shop Channel.

Next week, we will hopefully have a few different choices, with Rotohex and Bang both being released at 600 points each. The big question though, is will we get WoG, and will it sell as well as in the land of hope and glory or whatchamacallit.

America - that's the one.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

TIM's at #16, and DYC climbed up a position! That makes me proud! And Boingz finally hit the charts... Barely! :P

@Ratengo. Welcome! Nice to see there's someone here to give us a lowdown of Japan's charts. :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ WarioFan63 - Asking me to dance is like asking a chimp to do calculus. Just not going to happen. :P

Negative_Zero

Negative_Zero said:

For some reason, id like Nintendo to release a chart showing how many downloads a game got. Of couse they arn't but still.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

@Wiiloveit
Thanks for the link; I don't believe we're gonna get it over here either, those japanese guys keep getting lots and lots of channels and we just got the nintendo one, well that's the way it has always been; still, I wonder how do they make space for all those channels on the Wii's memory?:P

Btw good luck getting WoG, this week!

Robster

Robster said:

I saw a boxed version of 'TV show king' in a shop yesterday for three times the WiiWare price. What's that about? Same version...?

Ratengo

Ratengo said:

Thank you very much, everyone, for welcoming me to WiiWare World...! :)

@Twilight Crow: The 'Today and Tomorrow's Fortune-Telling Lucky Channel' takes up 82 blocks, and there are already videos on YouTube. I think this one is good. Check it out.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Corbie: what if we threaten you with your beautiful white TV?
@Twilight_Crow: they must do it by magic. I had to delete my Everybody Votes Channel the other day - even though after 100 votes and still being 2.0m from popular opinion :(
@Robster!: It's a different version, with more questions, slightly updated presentation, better scoring, choice of question categories, and new "last one standing" and team modes, with the option to play the final duel separately also being available. I think it's fairly good and if you see it cheap, it's a good improvement on the original.

Robster

Robster said:

@Wiiloveit: Thanx, the review answered all my questions and more.. :-)
Now I'll just have to wait at the bargain bin, hope it doesn't take too long.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

German charts, didn't check the previous ones so no idea how things changed.

1. My Aquarium
17. FFCC: My Life As A King
18. My Pokémon Ranch
19. Midnight Pool
20. Alien Crush Returns

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Us Europeans need to have a bit more respect for Mega Man 9, methinks. Well, not the Swedish.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

#21: And if it was done, it would be done badly as if they didn't know what they were doing. And I am very surprised that Megaman 9 is dropping so much. I still think overall sales for Megaman 9 are quite higher than games who are regularly near the top.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

If only ACR got the sales it deserved. Thankfully though, since it's by a relatively big publisher/developer, at least they're not going to throw in the towel (this time)

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Yay! My Pokémon Ranch stayed still! Also, Beer Toss dropped!

(Yes. The fates of My Pokémon Ranch and Beer Toss are my priorities in these types of posts... :P)

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

@Ratengo
Thanks for the video, what a nice little channel we ain't gonna get :'(
@Wiiloveit
What a shame, I'm very fond of the EVChannel, had to erase somthing the other day and I picked my Groovin' Blocks instead :(
Btw I totally agree with you, ACR is a great title, why oh why is not on those charts?
@MarkyVigoroth
My priorities in these "Top 20" posts are the fates of The Incredible Maze and Pong Toss.:P

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Twilight Crow: The main reason I got rid of it was because if only takes a few seconds now, but I'll still give it a look once a week.