Top 20 WiiWare Games in USA (24th Dec)

Posted by Darren Calvert

It's Wednesday again which can only mean one thing. It's time to take a look at the most popular WiiWare titles available in the Wii Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to your Wii Shop channel, heading into the WiiWare section and then viewing "Popular Games". It's that simple! Trust us, if we can do it, anyone can.

We compile this list using the USA region Wii Shop channel, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is a measure of actual sales made recently, not of the total time the game has been available for sale.

Here is the list for the 24th of December:

16 (11) - Sudoku Challenge
17 (16) - Frat Party Games - Pong Toss
18 (20) - Hockey Allstar Shootout
19 (17) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
20 (18) - The Incredible Maze

N denotes a new entry

There hasn’t been much change this week in what is popular on WiiWare. Of course World of Goo continues to kick ass. Nintendo are even sending Wii-mails direct to consoles promoting it this Christmas so we don’t see this trend changing soon!

Tetris Party steals #2 place again from My Aquarium and Space Invaders Get Even falls back to #8 after a last minute boost to #4 last week.

Strong Bad Episode 5 has finally pulled itself up to #11 after a very slow start. Amazing given how popular the earlier episodes were.

There is no sign of Tiki Towers or Fun! Fun! Minigolf just yet, but we’re sure they will pop up in next week’s chart.

Christmas greetings from the WWW team!

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Good thing that tetris is still maintaining number 2. Last week on thursday My Aquarium momentarily took over the number 2 spot. If My Aquarium keeps strong sales like this it might eventually be higher up than WOG :-o

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Well the World of Goo domination continues. And you have to be impressed with My Aquarium. Should be an interesting 2009! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! :)

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

With its continued popularity I doubt Goo is going to be de-throned anytime soon

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

It's Christmas Eve, I've been in full throttle mode all day long, it's really late and I'm deadly tired. And yet I feel compelled to give you this week's chart. I suppose one could interpret that as me being quite nuts... Hmmm... Probably no use to try and argue that point either... Anyways...

Here's the Swedish top 20:
(12) 13 - The Incredible Maze
(-) 14 - Midnight Bowling
(17) 15 - Cocoto Fishing Master
(19) 16 - Helix
(9) 17 - Art Style: Cubello
(11) 18 - TV Show King
(-) 19 - Sudoku Challenge!
(-) 20 - Niki - Rock & Ball

Yeah, too tired to bring you a huge wall of text today. In short we note that World of Goo is our new number one and joined the charts among all of its fellow releases Art Style: Orbient (7th), Sudoku Challenge! (19th) and Niki - Rock & Ball (20th). In addition to that, Midnight Bowling (14th) made a triumphant return to the charts for some ungodly reason. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: MLAAK was the charting climber of the week and climbed 6 spots to 9th. It was in 19th two weeks ago......... Art Style: Cubello is the faller of the week, falling 8 spots from 9th to 17th. It should did it's best to maintain the curse of 9th position but 17th had to do. With five new(ish) entries, five games left. This week its goodbye to Art Style: Rotohex, Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3, Bang!, Pit Crew Panic! and SPOGS Racing although I'm certain we'll see a few of these games again someday. The Swedish charts are as erratic as usual.

Objection

Objection said:

The highlight of this article is, of course, the picture. Anyone else bored with Charts?

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

I'm guessing the charts haven't moved much due to a calm before christmas. I'm sure people are waiting until Xmas day to download incase in hopes of points cards as gifts.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Yeah can someone explain why Nintendo is telling people to buy World of Goo? lol
I opened up that message and I was like "Woah".

Did Nintendo buy 2D Boy and make them a 2nd party? :p

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Yeah that would have it's pros and cons.
They'd have full financial support but probably wouldn't have the freedom they had while making World of Goo.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

Hooray, another top 20. Well... it doesn't seem to change much, but the post is always appreciated. Now where's Versus22?

slambert215

slambert215 said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE AT WIIWARE WORLD!

Pong toss and TIM seem to be on their way out. Yay!

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Yes! TIM is almost dead! Sadly, I kinda contributed to it's sales, cuz I sent it to someone as a gag Secret Santa gift! :D
Sucks to see HAS climb up though.

And I got another 2 points cards, so I might just have the chance to DL World of Goo finally! Yay! :)

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AT WIIWARE WORLD! :)

@Alexsays. I saw that too. I found it kinda funny.

EJD

EJD said:

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Good chart this week, I hope 2D Boy maintain the success they are getting from the amazing World of Goo and continue to make fun games.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

It the 25th already?!
I should probably start shopping for people...

Merry Christmas.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

AT least Beer Toss is falling and My Pokémon Ranch still holds.
By the way, I did not like your article picture... Eeeww...

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I feel a bit sad for posting today. (Merry Christmas by the way) Ah well...

UK Christmas WiiWare Charts (17:30-ish)
1) NEW World of Goo
2) SUCK ON THAT My Aquarium
3) TV Show King
4) CueSports - Snooker vs Billiards
5) Tetris Party
6) NEW Art Style: ORBIENT
7) Bomberman Blast
8) Defend your Castle
9) My Pokemon Ranch
10) The Incredible funking Maze

... and you''ll get the rest of it when the Wii Shop Channel decides to load it. I keep getting error number 200something and My Aquarium currently has an image reminiscent of the Scottish flag.

(15 minutes later, after endless refreshing)...and there we go.
11) Brain Challenge
12) Art Style: CUBELLO
13) Pit Crew Panic!
14) Wild West Guns
15) NEW Sudoku Challenge!
16) LostWinds
17) SPACE INVADERS GET EVEN
18) FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King
19) Welcome back Mega Man 9
20) NEW Niki Rock 'n' Ball (what? It's better than this - especially at 500 points!)

Oh, and a big shout out goes to Djungelurban for not exhausting his keyboard too much. The amount you see above will do just fine tyvm.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Keep falling Pong Toss. Oh and Hang on The Incredible Maze :P

Objection

Objection said:

I thought I'd already said it but... Merry Christmas!! I plan to spend the day playing games and figuring out my new camera. Please enjoy the day, everyone.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Calm down, buddy - just calm down.

Oh, and in case noone heard me the first few times: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

shadows262

shadows262 said:

to busy with family and junk to post:
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!
(HAPPY HANUKKAH TOO!!!)

World_1-1

World_1-1 said:

Nice to see World of Goo still at the top... it totally deserves it. And hope everybody had a Merry Christmas!

Killraven

Killraven said:

my aquarium has to be probably the top seller on the wii in total sales. it's been there for so long.

jsut got a xbox for christmas, and i don't know why people go on about live arcade, it's mostly shovelware, more so then wiiware/vc plus alot of there stuff appears more expensive (most of the good games appear to be 1200) (i really wanted banjo kazooie)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The shovelware is about the same between WiiWare and XBLA. But both services have some outstanding titles as well.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Killraven

Yeah, you won't find a lot under 800 points(10 usd), although 1200 points items are actually pretty rare, and only about 4 that I can think of are any good.

Bensei

Bensei said:

I read something about a Video Channel for Wii, will WWW report about it?

DJGOYO

16 (11) - Sudoku Challenge
17 (16) - Frat Party Games - Pong Toss
18 (20) - Hockey Allstar Shootout
19 (17) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
20 (18) - The Incredible Maze

The people of USA is intelligent. 1º = World of goo
They haven´t got a bad games

MDVigo

MDVigo said:

Goyo, Eu, Jap and EEUU have the very best games of WiiWare, but in one are some titles and in another region others.
Greetings!