Strong Bad Episode 5 - Screens and Trailer

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

The time for Strong Bad's grand finale has almost come - Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough will be released on WiiWare very soon. Telltale has just released some screenshots for this final episode of the series, along with a trailer (Which is the same trailer you can see in Episode 4).

As you can see in the screenshots, the episode will be completely centered around videogames - The "real world" merges with the videogame world after Strong Bad further breaks his already broken Trogdor arcade machine, causing various characters to think they're certain videogame characters, and causing other videogame characters (Like Trogdor) to escape their games. Strong Bad will have to explore both normal areas and the insides of certain games (Such as the ever popular Stinkoman 20X6) in order to turn everybody back to normal and get Trogdor back in his arcade machine.

The trailer can be seen below:

Episode 5 is expected to be released on WiiWare within the next few weeks in the US.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

Centered around videogames Cool. Maybe there will be more than one "arcade type" game in it.

I like that Trogdor is going to be real.

GMo4824

GMo4824 said:

it still says "a new episode every month"

shouldn't it say "play the final chapter"?

slambert215

slambert215 said:

Cool! I saw it on the Nintendo Channel today.

Anyone notice that the Nintendo Channel is updated with very little videos now and the WiiSpeak channel launched without any fanfare?

shadows262

shadows262 said:

i never downloaded a strong bad before but im truely thinking bout getting one...hmmmm!?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

This looks to be the best Strong Bad of the bunch, bar none. I am now officially looking forward to it 10 times more than I was five minutes ago. :)

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

lol, Stuff gamer1. :P

I'm definitely getting this. I've only downloaded Ep. 2 (still not done; I'm stuck) and I recently downloaded 4 also which I only played like 10 minutes of. XD I hope this turns out to be exceptionally better than the other 4.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

I have never watched Homestar Runner (is that what you do, watch it?), so I know little to nothing about Strongbad, but I hope everyone else enjoys it :).

Virus

Virus said:

I might just break my rule of not buying anymore of these games.

Objection

Objection said:

I myself am waiting for the unannounced disc release but this episode looks almost as good as Dangeresque 3.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Slambert: We tend to get quite a few videos at the moment, although not one Strong Bad related item is available on the Nintendo Channel here.
Oh - and this game looks awesome. It would be even cooler if you could unlock the ability to play through the whole game in 8-bit :)

Crazynoodle

Crazynoodle said:

wow, i hope it has tons of strong bad renditions of arcade games :) stinkoman is just like megaman.

megaman-sam

megaman-sam said:

The 8-bit Trogdor theme is amazing!
I might have to get this one, I haven't got a Strong Bad game yet so this might be my first!

ninjaBanana

ninjaBanana said:

i'm still on ep2, not enough free time! but ill make it for this one, gotta get my trogdor fix lol

PiratePete

PiratePete said:

Does anyone know of any plans to release all the games on a Wii disc? I don't have enough memory to get them ;), so a disc would be great.

And hooray for Leopold, my new avatar :)

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

I'm expecting Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough to be released this upcoming Monday (December 15th).

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Clayfrd: No reason to not know about Homestar Runner. Just go check out the site! Won't cost you anything, y'know. It's a free flash cartoon series, with a few cool (and a few sucky) flash games for good measure.
There's even a convenient "first time here?" button on the middle-upper-right side of the screen. Definitely check that out first. Enjoy! :)