Europe to Get World of Goo This Friday

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rejoice, European WiiWare fans! 2Dboy - the developer of the awesome World of Goo – has confirmed that the game will be making its EU debut this coming Friday. Australia and New Zealand are also going to be getting their fair share of goo-goodness, too.

The game was released in the US some months ago and has become something of a poster boy for the WiiWare service, scooping all kinds of awards and accolades in the process.

We thought it was pretty great, too - in case you were wondering.

So you can stop gnashing those teeth and sending us threatening emails – World of Goo is almost here.

Source: 2D Boy

Robster

Robster said:

OOOWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH * runs away to buy a Wii points card *

Charco

Charco said:

Was this not supposed to be released as a retail game in Europe and not on WiiWare? I don't see anything in the article confirming this.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Curses. I need to spend my money on other people for Christmas and not spend it on myself. Stay away, World of Goo! I just can't afford you right now! Stay away!

EJD

EJD said:

Oh my... after all this anticaption, WOG is coming to EU at last! That's the best bit of news I've heard for months, can't wait to give this a go after having a taste of it a few days ago. I'm glad I didn't spend my 2000 Wii Points I got earlier this month.

If Orbient comes soon as well that would be excellent. :)

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

We all saw it coming, what a great WiiWare update is brewing up for Xmas.

jordanr

jordanr said:

I am going to download this on christmas day once I get my wii points cards.

ness

ness said:

Wohoo! Orbient & World of Goo. What a fantastic and great update this Friday! :D

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EU!! Soon we all will enjoy this great game, seriously 2D Boy is a very good company, create WoG and then convince NOE to forget the retail thing, pure genius.

Shortay

Shortay said:

Amazing news, can't wait to download it. Thank God I bought a wii points card the other day. :)

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

What a nice Christmas treat. Good for you guys. Personally, I deleted my Wii version and kept playing the second copy I bought for my Mac due to much crisper presentation. That said, it does seem to me that building towers of goo is a bit easier when playing with a wiimote.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

FINALLY. Now you guys can finally stop your whining. Now let's see America get Maboshi on the 29th, hmm?

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Wait, I though we were going to trade MaBoShi for WOG.
Seriously though, I'd rather have Europe get WOG than we get MaBoShi. They deserve it after all this time. Congrats and enjoy!

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

Great! I have to complete Toki Tori first ;) Buyed last week.

So we know now 3 Games. Niki, World of Goo and Art Style Orbient. I hope there will be another game. Maybe another Catch Up Game?

@Silent J

Europa has enough to catch up. Here is the US and EU Only List. Release Date German spelling:

US Only:

01. 12.05.08 V.I.P. Casino: Blackjack (High Voltage Software)
02. 26.05.08 Family Table Tennis (Aksys Games)
03. 02.06.08 Protöthea (Two Tribes)
04. 23.06.08 Gyrostarr (High Voltage Software)
05. 14.07.08 Major League Eating: The Game (Mastiff)
06. 28.07.08 Frat Party Games - Pong Toss (JV Games)
07. 08.09.08 Groovin' Blocks (Empty Clip Studios)
08. 29.09.08 Art Style: ORBIENT (Nintendo)
09. 06.10.08 MadStone (RiverMan Media)
10. 13.10.08 World of Goo (2D Boy)
11. 17.11.08 Target Toss Pro: Bags (Incredible Technologies)
12. 24.11.08 Boingz (RealArcade)
13. 24.11.08 Sudoku Challenge! (Digital Leisure)
14. 08.12.08 Bruiser & Scratch (Steel Penny Games)
15. 08.12.08 Hockey Allstar Shootout (Big Blue Bubble)
16. 15.12.08 Strong Bad Episode 5 - 8-Bit is Enough (Telltale Games)
17. 15.12.08 Big Kahuna Party (Reflexive Entertainment)

EU Only

01. 29.08.08 MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade (Nintendo)
02. 21.11.08 Cue Sports: Snooker vs Billiards (Hudson)
03. 05.12.08 Bang! (Engine Software)

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

@RGVEDA
I feel for you. That US only list is pretty long. The best one by far has to be WoG so at least you'll get that one. Gyrostarr was fun but the fact that you can't save your progress is really not cool. Other than that, you're not really missing too much. Orbient and Madstone were also ok.

Toki Tori Rocks!

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

SilentJ, the deal's off "wuahahahaha"

Don't worry, you guys will get the game on Monday (all this was part of the deal we discussed in Iceland). I always keep my word!

Objection

Objection said:

Right...well, you guys got it sooner than expected! (Retail was gonna come out in 2009) There ya go! Now you don't have much to whine about. Just kidding, every good Nintendo fan is a whiner! ;)

shadows262

shadows262 said:

@every whos finally getting WoG (especially the people over in europe) for X-mas
have fun with this one...i promise you wont be disappointed w/ this. O and btw merry christmas lol

calculon

calculon said:

World of Goo - Nice!!! Now all we need to catch up with the US is MadStone and Gyrostarr. They can keep the rest.

EJD

EJD said:

I'd like to add Art Style: Orbient to your list calculon. It would be nice to have all the Art Style games on WiiWare. :)

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

NOEs official website is going crazy. Yesterday they said it was due the 26th :S and today it is due TBD :( But well 2DBoy>NOE website monkeys

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

World of Goo finally comming tomorry at 10 AM yahhhhhhhhhhhh .
Ive been wating for this & now i can have my cake & eat it too .

Mario_maniac

Mario_maniac said:

Sweet, I'll buy some Wii Points next week. Already bought some this week, can't be bothered spending any more money.

calculon

calculon said:

@EJD: Sorry, I meant left over from the games that RGVEDA said looked like were coming this week. Orbient would be cool :)

Aardvark_Soup

Aardvark_Soup said:

Yay! Finally! I've been saving up my WiiPoints for quite some time for this. After playing the demo I can't wait to play the rest of this awesome and clever game.

EJD

EJD said:

@calculon: Oh ok, I see what you mean. :D As long as we don't get Pong Toss I'm happy. Gyrostarr would be good to have, looks just like Wipeout.

Rexy

Rexy said:

Yahoo! :D I'm SO going to grab it as soon as it comes around; I wonder what the heck all the fuss is about...!

MegaRockman_1990

MegaRockman_1990 said:

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I now know what i am going to do this night sit up to midnight waiting for world of goo i know its good i have already played the demo on my pc. I am hoping to fix my wii-fi connection first has not worked for me lately.

Nero

Nero said:

I think the guys at 2D Boy are wonderful people. First of all this is a supber game, then they let pre-order people register their bought copies on Steam and then they convince RTL games to not only publish the game in retail but getting it on Europe Wiiware also. Having it on PC already I won't be getting it on Wiiware, but I hope it does awesome here. Hooray for 2D Boy!