Behold The All New Swords & Soldiers Trailer

Posted by Darren Calvert

Fans of real time strategy games will breathe a sigh of relief as today Ronimo Games has released the first video trailer of Swords & Soldiers for the world to see. This marvelous looking game is set to be released early in the new year so we haven’t got long to wait now.

More from the press release and video trailer below:

UTRECHT, THE NETHERLANDS – December 17, 2008 – The developers of Swords and Soldiers release the first trailer of Swords and Soldiers containing ingame footage.

Ronimo Games proudly presents the first footage of Swords and Soldiers. Fabian Akker: “We promised a Christmas surprise, so here it is”. The release has been pushed back a bit to the first quarter of 2009. Akker “We want the game to be as polished as possible, so we added some extra weeks to tweak the game, but the wait will be worth it!”

Swords & Soldiers is a sidescrolling real time strategy game, in which three distinct factions battle for the powers of the gods. The game will feature a single player campaign and a competitive splitscreen multiplayer mode a skirmish and three challenge modes for advanced players.

Swords & Soldiers will be the first competitive strategy game on Wii Ware and is scheduled for European, American and Australian release in Q1 2009. For more information on Swords & Soldiers visit the blog: www.swordsandsoldiers.com.

bwaybuddy26

bwaybuddy26 said:

That looks excellent. I'm not too surprised, seeing as how it's made by the designers of the original De Blob.

danik

danik said:

always thought this looks pretty good although just not sure how much depth it might have! dont think it has online does it? if it did it would be a good buy.

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Looks quite good, although I am disappointed that this particular title lacks online multiplayer support. Looking forward to playing it early next year.

Killraven

Killraven said:

To me it looks alot like bowmaster, except without the bow, and perhaps a little more control of the armies.

this game could be very repetitive. i hope its good though. we need different genres to succeed on the wiiware.

shadows262

shadows262 said:

I love RTS games.
Swords and Soldiers is at the top of my “most want” list for sure!
right next to Gradius Rebirth and Cave Story!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

"Saucy"?

I almost completely forgot about this game, now I have 3 things on Wiiware wishlist, along with Gradius and Cave Story.

indenmark

indenmark said:

From quotes from Sun Tzu, Cicero, and Plato to a snow-zombie chieftain gleefully exclaiming "Ha! The dead fight for ME!!!" in three seconds?

Color me intrigued.

j

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Now THIS is the kind of thing WiiWare needs more of (quality, I mean)! It looks much better than 90% of WiiWare to date (fun wise, not just visuals). I add it to Cave Story to have a list of TWO upcoming games I want!

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

It seems more slow-paced than I thought it would be, but this is still one of my most anticipated Wiiware games.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

Strategy game, nice, and gasp!! Something other than a puzzle game too! Though I had heard of this earlier. It will be nice to be able download something different from the usual for a change.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting this one. Now if we can get more games that have some depth and story to them and not so many puzzlers, it'd be great.

I really hope it's not 1500 though.

cheeseman

cheeseman said:

Why are the adjectives like epic and legendary in parentheses? Seems like a bad sign.