YUKE’S also published this rather nice press release:
CHICAGO - Nov. 19, 2008
YUKE’S Company of America today revealed the first set of in-game screenshots and level details for Evasive Space, a new action space adventure for WiiWare under development by High Voltage Software. Set to launch this coming January, Evasive Space will blast you off on a space adventure in which you will be piloting Konki from a top-down view through various mazes and environments; creatively using the Wii Remote’s infrared pointer for control. The new screens offer a look at Acts 1 and 2, out of a total of four Acts, each one featuring a central theme and five scenes of varying objectives.
Some highlights of this new shooter, launching exclusively for WiiWare:
- Pilot Konki through 20 missions spanning 5 different environments
- Top-down space adventure with creative use of the Wii Remote's infrared pointer capabilities to pilot your ship
- Pick up items and upgrades to enhance controls and chances of accomplishing your mission
- Four person multiplayer matches locally on your home console
- Compete for best times with online leaderboards
Evasive Space has been rated “E” for Everyone with Mild Fantasy Violence by the ESRB and will be downloadable for 1,000 Wii Points.
This certainly looks very nice, and we’ll be keeping you informed of future developments, naturally.