World Of Goo Coming To US WiiWare October 13

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The wait is almost over. 2D Boy has just announced that World of Goo will be coming to the US WiiWare service on Monday, October 13. That means in less than two weeks Wii owners will finally be able to enjoy this much-anticipated WiiWare title. The price has now been finalized and will cost 1500 Wii Points.

If you want to get more insight into the game, you can check out our exclusive interview with 2-D Boy. We'll have more information on World of Goo as it becomes available as well as a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service.

Terra

Terra said:

Shame it will be more than 1000-1500 points in Europe (Damm Retail Release). I don't care for the game much though so it doesn't bother me but i can understand for European gamers who want it.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

This is one I'm pretty excited about. I've had this and Animales de la Muerte on my list for some time now. :)

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

Man, WiiWare and the VC have so much good content coming out right now, it's hard to pick what to get. I've just spent a lot of points on Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Art Style: Orbitals and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I really want to get Mega Man 9, as well as Earthworm Jim when it hits the US and World of Goo has been my most anticipated WiiWare game since WiiWare was announced. Also with Animales De La Muerte coming out this month and Eternity's Child coming out soon, it's knd of making me freak out a little bit.

Serpent

Serpent said:

Definitely picking this up, this has been my most anticipated WiiWare game since I heard about it, and it’s finally coming!

shadows262

shadows262 said:

im buyin this no questions asked
yet im almost done beating MM9 and kirby super star ultra on DS so ya cant wait 4 it

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

That's great, especially with the possibility of it costing less than 1500 points, especially when the company previously stated that it could cost 2000. If it was on its way to WiiWare over here, ifor me it would be a must buy, but since it's coming to stores instead, I think it'll only get a rental. Other games I'm looking forward to instead of this though are Tetris Party, Alien Crush, Eternity's Child (mainly because of the 500 price point), StrongBad 3-5, LIT, Liight and Fun! Fun! Minigolf.

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

I really wasn't interested in this one, but it is great that those who are interested (and there seems to be a pretty good number) will get a chance to play it very soon.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Can't we all just play with goo in real life?

Oh, we can? Great, this will probably be the worst WiiWare game to date.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I'll be getting the homebrew out for this one (Starfall for region free channels and AnyRegion Changer for access to US shop*) as the retail release is stupid.
*-And in the extreme scenario, US firmware...

Hydroswimmer12

Hydroswimmer12 said:

Dude, I cannot wait for Oct 13! I was expected it to be 2000 points, so i'm thrilled with the news! =D

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

too bad it wasn't friday the 13th for this game to coem out then jason be killing us alll lol

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

@KnucklesSonic8
Yep, same here. Gonna stick with my prediction of 1000 points however.
@x.SuperMario.X
Eww. Good thing no goo is near me right now, otherwise I would have to build bridges with it! :)

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Corbie- I can't slip anything past you! :P

@ beastman93- I'd build some stuff too if I had some goo.
No rhyme intended.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I'm not criticising but, why all the fuss with this game? Is it really that good?, well, It's not on my list yet, I'll wait for the review.

@x.supermario.x
Your sarcasm is already poetry. :P, actually you're pretty good at it.;)

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Well look at that, it IS 1500 points.

Its clear to me now, anything Corbie says is true.

He's like a Crystal Ball.

andy836

andy836 said:

Q: how much will it cost?
A: the wiiware version will cost 1500 points. the pc version will cost $20 (US).

Objection

Objection said:

Alright, thanks for the price point info! 1500 is steep but I think it'll be worth it. Can't wait for Mondays now, a complete sin usually!

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

This is great!!... were gonna have 2 great mondays with 2 cool wiiware games that we are gonna get and comin up!.. both of these games im gettin for sure and definitely a download buy too! :D

Madstone
World of Goo

Maderek

Maderek said:

Eh, 1500 points. I'm ok with that as the long as the game gives me enough to make it worth it.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

Wow 1500 points. Well unlike Plättchen I have a good feeling that this will be worth it. Plus at least the WiiWare price costs less than the PC version.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Well I'm about to sit down and play through World of Goo. I've been waiting for this moment since I first read about the game. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype. :)