Tetris Party Hits Europe Friday

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Good news for Europeans wanting a Tetris fix - You won't have to wait long for Tetris Party!

Tetris Online, Inc. revealed earlier today that the game will be released in Europe this Friday. That's just a 4 day wait - Thankfully this means the online skill difference between the US and Europe won't be that big!

With a ton of both old and new modes, and online battles, this certainly seems like one of the best Tetris games yet - We'll have a review up later this week so you can see for yourself if it's worth the 1200 Wii Point admission.

Source: GoNintendo

djshep1973

djshep1973 said:

I'm so chuffed to read that this will be online for Europe this week, it really feels like we've been waiting for some of the better recent Wii-Ware games just lately! Almost instant DL for my WIi methinks :-)

'online skill difference between the US and Europe won't be that big!'

Well, we've probably all played Tetris to death at some point, so I don't see any amount of delay in release having owt to do with skill gaps, this is one game I will be playing online for sure. :-D

Terra

Terra said:

At least we won't have to wait. i am getting tired of our recent WiiWare games all being catch-up titles though. Still, if it's Art Style Games as well as this, i would have no objections. While i understand perfectly why, i do get annoyed by the fact that there are some good titles the US have got, while Europe have to wait for them. I'm still p**sed that HVS haven't even started preparing European releases for their WiiWare games

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Where's Gradius... I want Gradius... I need my Gradius... Gimme! I know this is about Tetris, but I'm impatient...

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Gradius Rebirth hasn't even been announced for release outside Japan yet, so it might be a long wait :p

And to be honest, everything I've heard from Gradius fans about the game so far hasn't been very positive.

ElectricSplash

ElectricSplash said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Cant wait for bou more points and the Review. Hope Corbie does the Review.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

I need that "better than a hard drive" solution now.
No you don't.
Not unless you plan on playing Tetris Party and twenty other games at the EXACT same time.

I have four WiiWare, and eight VC games on my Wii, and that's more than enough to satisfy my needs at any given moment.
If I wanna exchange a game with one on my SD card, it takes a whole two minutes.
Not sure why this is such a big deal to some.

Mzen

Mzen said:

Anyone knows if previous Hudson WiiWare games ran in 60hz? I think My Aquarium didn't, and if this doesn't do 60hz, that is a deal breaker to me.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

You guys get it too and thats great too... im downloadin mines right now and gonna play once its finished. :D

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Good for you, this game looks really good, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, another game to my get list like:
World of Goo Mega Man 9 Mega Man Mega Man 2
Groovin' Blocks Helix Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
Mario Golf Secret of Mana Ninja Gaiden 1-3 Strong Bad 1-3

And for Wii:
Rock Band(full set) Rock Band 2 AC-DC Live Roc Band
WarioWare Super Paper MArio LOL too many games,

and now this.....ugh................

Mario_maniac

Mario_maniac said:

I think I'll have to pass on Tetris. I already forked out enough cash for Tetris DS, and I barely even play that!

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

Frankly, it's easier and faster to just re-download the titles from the shop.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I'm fairly certain all WiiWare games support 480p and 16:9 so hence 60Hz. I can check Bomberman if you like but i'm 90% certain it runs in 60Hz.

I'm thinking this week will be Tetris Party, Strongbad 3 and that will be all :( Hope i'm wrong becuase I hate being right about WiiWare...

dr_j

dr_j said:

I'd love some Art Style with my Tetris. The more (good) puzzle games, the better.

Megaace

Megaace said:

IGN have given Tetris Party a 9, and they say it is "a must", and "the best Tetris game in years"... :)

Sassy_Cc

Sassy_Cc said:

I enjoyed Tetris Party ~ One of very few complaints I have is that you couldn't’t do vs online in balance board mode & that your high scores for BB mode doesn’t go on the online high scores :-( ~

I play multiple games everyday ~ On my Wii channels, I have downloaded a lot of the larger games which take up more room then the lil NES 20 blockers(I only have a couple of those) ~ For Nintendo it would only take a simple software upgrade to allow us to access our channels with our SD cards ~