Overturn Coming To Japanese WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The official web site for Studio Zan's upcoming WiiWare title Overturn has gone live, although portions of the site are still labeled as "Coming Soon" on various pages.

The game is due out on the WiiWare service in Japan sometime in November. No price has been set as of yet, but the game will contain three different modes of play including: Story Mode, Local VS. Mode, and Wifi Mode. Wifi Mode will allow up to 4 players to play the game simultaneously.

For those interested, you can take a look at the two screenshots of the game in action below or check out the official site to get more information on this unique WiiWare offering.

As usual, we'll have more information on this title as it becomes available.

Untitled

Untitled

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

What's this? I hadn't heard about it, is a robot fighing game or robot sports game?

Edit: I thought it's like Custom Robo :P, shame, I don't like this kind of robot combat games.

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Looks sweet! Maybe we'll get it. But I doubt it. You seriously can't go wrong with fighting mech suits! :P

Big_Sexy

Big_Sexy said:

Wow. This game looks gorgeous. There must only be like three stages or something.

In all seriousness, mech combat games are always totally awesome or completely horrible. Here's hoping it's more of the first.

@Mayhem: Virtual On is one of my most played Dreamcast games. I would love to see Sega return to that.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

I'm gonna keep my eye on this one. Looks like it could be pretty cool.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I told Darren about this and he said it wasn't worth posting about... Whatever. I'm glad it DID "make the cut" after all.

I'm really excited for this. And yes, it reminds me a lot of Custom Robo. Hearing that Wi-fi will be incorporated too makes this already VERY appealing to me. I can't WAIT to hear more about this!

@Big=Sexy: Yeah, a fellow Dreamcast fan!!! :D high fives

Crazynoodle

Crazynoodle said:

I just visted the sight, It is all japanese but i figured out it will ahve multiplayer and robo custimization WOHOO! I have been waiting for custom robo for wii, but this looks sik COME TO US AND EURO, the grphics also look great for wiiware!!! :)
U can never go wrong with fightin robots, im keepin my eye on this

Ark

Ark said:

Two screenshots and I'm already excited. Not sure if it would make it to other regions, but if did I'd buy it instantly. These kinds of things interest me.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

ME WANTS! In my book, anything with giant robots in it has to have some form of awesome! :D
Now I just hope it's at least decent.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Sure did. I knew that when the game was first announced though.

This is a must-buy WHEN (not if) it hits NA! :D
I can't wait. This is gonna be awesome!

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

Hmm. Looks okay from the tiny bit of info here. I'm (for some reason) feeling optimistic about Earthbound coming out next week... Yes, I know there is no reason to believe so.

Big_Sexy

Big_Sexy said:

Everybody's changing avatars! Maybe I should consider doing the same, as it'll be a year that I've had the same one soon. I just don't know if I want anything other than Stafy staring back at me.

The customization would be welcome, but I doubt it would be very good: gamers have been spoiled by the likes of Armored Core when it comes to customizing robots. Anything less is just sad.

I prefer the simplicity of static robots, as it has a more competitive feel since the common limits allow you to seek ways to exceed them without being completely unfair. (like a fighting game)

@KnuclesSonic8:
High TEN. I got into it a little late, as they were pricey little devils (lol PS3), but the system had an abundance of wonderful shmups and fighting games, and home to (arguably) the only great 3D Sonic game ever. It was like angels came down and left a Dreamcast in our hands, saying "make it count."

Too bad Sega didn't listen, not to mention the deaf pirates running rampant.