For those not in the know about Cave Story you might want to read up a bit about it on this excellent fansite. If games like Metroid, Castlevania and Megaman are your cup of tea then you will go crazy for this. The pixel art style is very impressive for a recent game, it’s easy to see how much care and attention to detail has gone into this game. It’s going to make a great addition to WiWare that’s for sure.
In addition to this there is also an game called Boingz by NinjaBee studio which sounds like it might be quite interesting. It’s suddenly all looking pretty great for WiiWare.
More from the press release:
WiiWare delivers great new games directly to Wii consoles that are connected to the Internet. Nintendo’s downloadable game service will see games like:
- Tetris Party: This game will feature 18 game modes, including 10 never-before-seen single-player and multiplayer variations of Tetris. Some modes will use the unique capabilities of the Wii Remote and the Wii Balance Board.
- Strong Bad Episode 3: This third episode in the series features humorous story-driven game play, music-themed collectibles and achievements and an old-school side scrolling shoot 'em up mini-game, as well as a special celebrity guest appearance by rock gods Limozeen!
- World of Goo: This title is an award-winning, physics-based puzzle/construction game. Grab living, squirming, talking globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins and giant tongues.
- Cave Story: This title is an action-adventure game with new, exclusive content and features created only for the WiiWare version.
- Boingz: Developed by the award-winning studio NinjaBee and published by RealNetworks, Inc., Boingz introduces players to bendy, stretchy little critters who've found themselves scattered about an alien world. Using the Wii Remote, players can grab, stretch and fling the rubber-band bodies of the Boingz to bounce them around the environments and help them find their way home.