Lonpos Comes to Europe

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Australia's OFLC has revealed yet another upcoming WiiWare game for PAL regions - Lonpos.

The game, developed by Genki, was released in Japan way back in March as one of the WiiWare launch titles. It's a pretty simple puzzle game where you try to fit oddly-shaped puzzle pieces into a board - There's only one solution though, as the pieces will end up being a tight fit, filling the entire board.

We don't know if the game will keep its DLC outside Japan or if it'll be cheaper, but nevertheless this could become an expensive affair!

FroguinZX

FroguinZX said:

First, woohoo? That might be good. This might open up opportunities for more Japanese games coming to EU and NA WiiWare.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

It's great to see some WiiWare games that have been released in Japan to come to other parts of the world! :)

Cipher

Cipher said:

5500 Wii Points? £38.50?! Most Wii retail games are at least £5 cheaper than that!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Cipher, because its downloadable content, you only have to pay for what you want. They're probably not expecting everyone to download all the content but there will probably be different things people enjoy and do not enjoy.

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

The question is when, I think it will take 7 WiiWare releases till this comes out.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I've been tracking this and wondering if this will ever hit NA. Looks like it will sometime. :)

As to whether or not I'll actually buy it remains to be seen.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Interesting...25 puzzles for 500 points seems reasonable. I mean, you don't have to get all the DLC...

Ren

Ren said:

I'm an open minded guy, but this looks really dull for a video game. Maybe it's fun but why not just get a real one? This is one of those things that looks like it should be free to entice you to DL other puzzle games, or even free to try with a few puzzles then you have to DL the others if you like it. I'm totally broke right now, but a little bone would probably push me over that edge to get some of the sweet games that are pouring onto WW. (not to mention a memory card since I filled up so fast)

Terra

Terra said:

I thought this was never coming To Europe. All that DLC will be extremely pricey, about as much as a full price Retail game.

Serpent

Serpent said:

Iam getting tired of all these puzzle games. The DLC is way too overpriced.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

This sounds like an even bigger ripoff than Space Invaders: Get Even!
But at least with that one you can say it was done to get round the block limits (seriouisly its like 600 blocks with allt he DLC) while with Lonpos you can't...

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

"While that may sound interesting, the game's downloadable content is far from glamorous - There's a total of 9 puzzle packs available in Japan at the moment, each containing 25 extra puzzles plus a slight graphical makeover - But each of these packs costs 500 Wii Points, meaning you'll have to dish out a total of 5500 Wii Points if you want the game and all its DLC!"

Commence nosebleed.

By the way, that is enough to buy Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, World of Goo, Rockman 9, Lost Winds, and My Pokémon Ranch!

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

One of my type of wiiware games i want to play and hope it comes to the NA too and soon as well. :D

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Not interested, in my opinion there's no way a game like this, complete, could worth 5500 points, and surely it gets boring without the DLC.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Starwolf. Good point. Get Even was broken up into chunks to get around the space limit, but this is just a scam.
It doesn't even look like that fun of a game.

Talicus

Talicus said:

It does look like a fun game, but I'm not going to go near it for that price, it's insane for a simple puzzle title...

I'll just stick with the puzzle mode on Tetris DS for my puzzle need thanks :P

Adamant

Adamant said:

It's not a new concept, these puzzles have been available in plastic form fr ages, and they're honestly not terribly fun.
There's technically more than one solution, though, at least originally, but I guess the Wiiware version will have certain blocks already in place, and challenge you to place the rest (and unless the playing boards get larger than those we see on the pictures, that is not really that much of a challenge).