Capcom Releases Two Mega Man 9 Downloadable Content Packs

Posted by Corbie Dillard

For all you Mega Man fans out there who just can't seem to get enough of the classic Blue Bomber, Capcom has just announced the release of the first two Downloadable Content packs for their Mega Man 9 WiiWare title.

Endless Attack Content Pack - Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest. Results will be displayed in the Rankings page. Not compatible with other Challenges. (300 Wii Points)

Proto Man Content Pack - Play the game as Proto Man. Some of Proto Man's abilities may differ from Mega Man's. Proto Man has the Charge Shot ability, Power Slide ability, and a shield that he can utilize to deflect bullets at enemies. However, Proto Man also takes double damage and has double bounce back when he is hit. There is no story for Proto Man and he is not compatible with Rankings or Challenges. (200 Wii Points)

Both of these Downloadable Content packs will be available on the WiiWare Channel today, October 6, 2008. You can also check out our full Mega Man 9 review if you haven't already done so.

We'll have more information on future Downloadable Content packs as it becomes available.

Source: Capcom

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Logic would suggest on Friday since Europe got Mega Man 9 the following Friday after it became available in the US. Having said that, the press release didn't specifically mention a US release, so maybe everyone will get it today.

lucario13

lucario13 said:

Hmm.. protoman has some annoying downsides huh. Endless mode seems pretty good thou.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'll probably at least try both of these packs out. I never quit while I'm ahead. :)

Jonny

Jonny said:

200 points spare. only got the game last night so I can wait a while til I can attempt the endless attack. Protoman hands down for me.

Tried DLC 20 minutes ago, still nothing up yet.

Jeph

Jeph said:

What they need to do is offer the ability to use characters from previous games already released on VC... I'd pay another $5 to use the MM2 bosses in 9...

Objection

Objection said:

I sincerely hope that the DLC is cool enough to be worth the extra points, since it can add up rather quickly...

Boringman54

Boringman54 said:

I'll get the Proto Man pack but not the Endless Attack one, unless I see a video of it and it interests me.

Loooca

Loooca said:

Yes to both, once I finish Wily's stage (why, yes, I'm taking my time!).

Vortex99

Vortex99 said:

When I try it, I always get an error code, which I think is 208070. Please help me!

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I don't know what to do, after some purchasing last week, I ended up with 500 wiipoints, I could just buy these DLC, but I haven't finish megaman 9 just yet; besides I've been thinking of finally DL DYC, which I've been putting off. Anyway, I'm gonna buy all this stuff sooner or later.

pikmin95

pikmin95 said:

Too bad I don't have any Wii Points. =[
I was hoping to get Proto Man and Endless Attack today. Oh well...

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@BassX0: I can't remember the exact dates (though they aren't far off at all) for the European release dates of DLC, but I do recall that it is all listed (with pricing and release dates) in one of the last pages of the game's Operations Guide (available on the Wii Shop Channel).

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Before I go download it, the infinite level... do you start with all the weapons and a set number of power-ups/lives etc?

Adam

Adam said:

@Mayhem
That is correct. You have all the weapons, including both forms of Rush, one life, and no power-ups.

Endless is surprisingly the more entertaining pack by far... though to be fair to my good pal Proto Man, I just played through the same exact levels with Mega Man recently, so I can't say I should have expected much. I will have to give it some time before replaying with Proto.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

@Loooca - I am too. I can't find the time to sit all the way through Wily's Castle. I still just purchased Proto Man and Endless Attack. Both are good fun.

NESgamer

NESgamer said:

Not so interested on the endless stage. I want to download protoman though, but it sucks the lack of story and no records for him :/.

tantrumario

tantrumario said:

I only beat 3 bosses with proto man. Jewel man is almost impossible since the boulder mid boss gives a lot of damage. I wished proto mans shield actually did something useful.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I thought Proto mans sheild is pretty useless too.
Here are the pros to using Proto man. He has the charge shot, a sheild, the slide, and he starts the game with the Rush Jet.

Here are the cons. Double damage, he fires two shots to mega mans three, no shop upgrades, and no story mode

tantrumario

tantrumario said:

dont forget when hit,hes pushed further back,causing him to sometimes fall.

The cons outweigh the pros but its still fun.

Kriqz

Kriqz said:

While I immensly enjoyed MM9, I doubt I'll buy either of these DLC. Just my own personal opinion but neither really pique my interest. One of the beauties of DLC is one can pick and choose which aspects of a game they want while not paying for the aspects one doesn't want.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

@tantrumario
Yes I forgot he does get pushed further

I wish he did not take double damage. I mean why make the game so hard when they are going to release 2 harder difficulites this month

I recommend passing on protoman, Sorry! I like morphball's idea of a remixed soundtrack :)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

I'm getting both of these, once I get MM9 that is. :(

"Why make the game harder when they are going to release 2 harder difficulties this month?"

Capcom likes to watch us squirm, that's why. :P

Rabspat

Rabspat said:

Protoman a lot like Richter mode in Symphony of the Night. No story, and it's more difficult. It's still kind of cool, though.