Boom Tapper Coming To Japanese WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

With the severe lack of puzzle titles available for the WiiWare service (yeah, right), it's obviously going to be quite refreshing to see a new entry come to light. Developer Alpha Unit is currently getting ready to release their new boom box-infused puzzler Boom Tapper in Japan on November 11th for 500 Wii Points.

In Boom Tapper your job is to eliminate all of the blocks onscreen by detonating specific blocks. This will in turn destroy any blocks surrounding them. There's not much more information currently known about the title at this point since the official web site is completely in Japanese.

We'll have more information on Boom Tapper, as well as any official word of a possible release outside of Japan as it becomes available.

For more information, check out: Official Site

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

So it's the WiiWare version of Boom Blox?

With the severe lack of puzzle titles available for the WiiWare service...
I see what you did there.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

We've seen loads of puzzle games! :P

Crazynoodle

Crazynoodle said:

We had a ton of puzzlers, but they are always fun. This looks sik, i hope it gets released in north america, i havent played bloom blox, but i heard it is good, and 500 points! Hopefully it wont be like the incredible maze...

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@Versus22
Yeah, irony is not your strong suite ehhh? ;)

Atleast it seems like trying a different approach than the others... I mean, it's still a puzzle game so I couldn't care less ( or I could, it could be Barbie themed) but I'm not gonna bitch about it...

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

"With the severe lack of puzzle titles available for the WiiWare service, it's obviously going to be quite refreshing to see a new entry come to light."

Corbie, I love your sarcasm :p

Paper92

Paper92 said:

Hurrah!! Its about time we got some puzzle games around here.

How about they just lower the price of Boom-Blox and we all go out and buy that instead?

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

Great! I'm tired of all these great platformers and adventure games we've been getting. I just need to mellow out to an archetypal puzzle game with little new to offer. Sounds great.

SRPirate

SRPirate said:

Haha lol, it sucks though, right when i get a wii point card, thw wii shop channel goes down.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Clayfrd and SRpirate both can't get on the shop channel? I guess I'm not the only one then!

Objection

Objection said:

It does look like a modified Boom Blox...for 500 pts, I hope its good cuz the price is attractive. :P

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

With no other puzzlers on sight, I'll pray for this one to come to NA and fulfill my dream of having a puzzle on my wii. :P

Being serious as I don't have the money for Boom blox, It would be nice to get this 500 points clone at least.

calculon

calculon said:

I for one welcome our puzzle game making overlords... with the rosy outlook that one day they may be beaten down by a small team of developers wielding a platformer and a board with a nail in it.

Totally agree with Objection_Blaster and Twilight Crow though. For 500 points, it'll be a steal. Which itself gets me worried - will this be yet another pay-for-levels game? If so, I retract my comment sir.

SRPirate

SRPirate said:

Wii Shop Channel is back up, but its a wii system update, but it looks no different then before.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

@ SRPirate - There is one small change. A button called "View Compatible Controllers" is added in the details section of the Wii Shop.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

There are a few differences like Wii Points called Nintendo Points (at least in Japan). Now, I just tested it and my good old 3.2 firmware can't visit the shop :(

But if I upgrade I lose the region free channels which I need to play World of Goo...its still playable after updating since homebrew will still work but I would just need to run a rebooter like Menu loader...every, single, power, cycle :(

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Score for legally playing games...
I bought World of Goo for 1500 Wii Points. I have had effectively had that stolen.

I don't see any legal problems with what I did. Explain to me these problems...

I agree WADs are a good riddence but kicking the legitimate users in the balls isn't nice and Nintendo, I have claws and I will use them to full effect.

Relating Boom Trapper to Boon Blox is like relating Boom Blox to Jenga if you ask me. The connection is there but they are still totally different.

From the looks of things Boom Trapper won't involve throwing balls and as the result the physics will be less complicated.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Starwolf_UK: Karma - you shouldn't have added mods in the first place.

As for the game: it looks ace - even better than both the other puzzlers available :)
At 500 points though, I really want this.

Oh, and watch your language, SF_UK

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

If you want to talk about Karma how about we go like this. I stuck to firmware 3.2. I cannot ever visit the Wii Shop again. However, I could priate every WiiWare release and will have to due to having no way of buying them...sounds like the right thing to do...not.

I honestly don't understand Nintendo at times. I guess its a 'stop new users and fools gulible enough to believe yokels on the internet with thier "homebrew in fine" lies' thing...

Please try to understand that in terms of content for World of Goo the PC demo has content I have not seen...had I completed the game (hence got 1500 points worth of play out of it) I might have been so upset...end of the day, i'll live but there will compromises and reprocussions...

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Nintendo, I have claws and I will use them to full effect.

Sorry, but I doubt they feel anything.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I hear you about the World of Goo thing, I just don't agree with "unauthorised techincal modifications", that's all. I feel for your situation though.

Virus

Virus said:

@Star_Wolf
While these various mods may not have a negative impact on anyone, I do not think it is right to manipulate any console in a way Nintendo wishes it not to be messed with. While I also do see your frustration and will never say "serves you right" (because it does not "serve you right"), I can't say I think what Nintendo did was wrong. Again, I guess this is just a matter of opinion, but I shall not personally approve of any of these mods.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

@Starwolf_UK- What it comes down to is the fact that N has warned you through countless mediums that mods can void dozens of warranties and that mods can cause irreparable damage to your console. You really don't have the right to be mad at anyone but yourself because you have been warned. I would probably be mad, too, but you have to realize, at the end of the day, that it was your fault.