Mega Man 9 Release Dated For Japan

Posted by Darren Calvert

We are getting ever closer to the release of the greatly anticipated Mega Man 9 on WiiWare. Capcom have officially dated it’s release as the 24th of September in Japan now as confirmed by Famitsu. For the reasonable asking price of 1000 Wii points we are all in for a treat with this retro sequel.

Rumours have been flying around about the American release date on WiiWare, it looks likely that it will be released two days earlier on the 22nd of September, but do not hold us to that! If Mega Man 2 on the Virtual Console comes out this coming Monday on the 15th then this will be a good indication if this rumour is true or not.

Our best guess is that Europe will get Mega Man 9 on the 26th September on the scheduled WiiWare update day. If we get any concrete information of course, you will be the first to know!

Source: Famitsu

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

First comment.. on Wii. :D Or not. XD
I'm sure many of you are excited about this. I hope it brings something a little more to the table...

NA Release: Who knows. Things seem to suggest the last Monday of this month.

Terra

Terra said:

I Expect this will be a good game but i think it's being ridiculously overhyped by Capcom

Cartoty

Cartoty said:

My friends played Mega Man 9 in China in an arcade. He says its fun, but really challenging!!!

Marvel_Maniac

Marvel_Maniac said:

As it SHOULD be! I don't want to pay $10 for a game that I can finish in an hour!

Mr.chippy, I'm pretty sure Canada is in North America, so, we may be getting it on the 22nd. Though, I really can't see us getting this game BEFORE the Japanese. Has that ever happened before?

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

@Mr. Cheez
Me too, but if it doesn't will it be a failure?, I don't know but I want it to succeed, I want more retro new games.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

If Ninty/Capcom are nice, we'll get Strongbadia and this in the same week, though I can see this being the fortnight after :(

Due to money problems (blame DISASTER: Day of Crisis for actually existing), I'll only get this if the reviews are outstanding and it's not as hard as the old ones.

Fleeman

Fleeman said:

this game is suppose to be super hard, i expecting it to be just like mega man 2 just harder and with different bosses and i think the release date will be affect by the xbox 360 and playstation 3 because they are getting it as well the game will most likely be released for all the platforms on the same day but because the psn and xbla don't really have anything going on i don't think it will push off the realease date

Ark

Ark said:

@Mr.Chippy
VC and WiiWare releases between Canada and US are always identical so don't worry about it. :)

Loooca

Loooca said:

Why would anyone want it to be easy? It won't be Mega Man anymore if you didn't bang your head to the wall because of its difficulty. And I find it better that way.

@Fleeman: Ack, I never thought of that. It's only normal for those two to cause delays for Nintendo, or something. At least Nintendo should get it a few days earlier.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Loooca
Well Nintendo got to announce it first and noone knew it was for XBLA and PSN at least a week later so fingers crossed it's on Wiiware first!

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

I thought the Japanese get their VC/Wiiware updates on a Tuesday? That date applies it's going to be released on Wednesday?

Let's hope the US/EU get it the same week.

agent_lime

agent_lime said:

I'm probably the only one who doesnt want this. I'm not a big megaman fan, and considering I can get megaman on the VC for 5 dollars, why should I pay 10 for this.
Just my opinion.

Heef

Heef said:

If Megaman 2 comes out on the 15th here, I will be completely stoked. That is possibly my favorite game, certainly my favorite platformer, and most certainly my favorite in the whole series. I can't count how many times I've played through it, be it on NES or just slightly modified as Megaman II on Gameboy.

Oh, and Megaman 9. To quote Strongbad: "Yes. Very yes."

mailanbr

mailanbr said:

Wouldnt it be "Yes. Vewy yes?" LOL, but anyways, this game looks pretty good. I gotta get out my NES and get used to the button controls (thinking that it will be somewhat similar) of Megaman 2. Then this game will be just perfect.

Heef

Heef said:

Ah, but "Vewy yes" would be more Strongsad. :P

Also, @agent_lime, the first Megaman is just not the same as the rest. You can definitely see the roots there, but the game needed refinement - that one was just stupidly difficult. The original series definitely piqued with either Megaman 2 or 3 (I say 2) and went down from there until Megaman X. I personally have fairly high hopes for 9.

But sure, if you're not a fan, that 10 USD could be better spent.

mailanbr

mailanbr said:

Wait, the original Megaman was hard? Is that just opinionated, or is that with most people? To me, Megaman 1 was extremely easy. The Megaman X games were the hard ones, especially the first couple of them.