Mega Man 9 Downloadable Content List

Posted by Darren Calvert

The eagle eyed amongst our readers will have noticed that in the Mega Man 9 operation guide it lists the upcoming downloadable content which you can get your grubby mitts on for a few spare Wii points next month. Sign me up for a slice of Proto Man action! :-p

Endless Attack
Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest. Results will be displayed in the Rankings. Not compatible with Challenges.
Sale Date: 6th October 2008
Wii Points: 300
Required Blocks: 3

Hero Mode
Play the game with a more difficult level of enemy distribution. Not compatible with Rankings or Challenges.
Sale Date: 20th October 2008
Wii Points: 100
Required Blocks: 2

Superhero Mode
Play the game with a super difficult level of enemy distribution. Not compatible with Rankings or Challenges.
Sale Date: 20th October 2008
Wii Points: 100
Required Blocks: 2

Proto Man Mode
Play the game as Proto Man. You can use the shield while jumping. Some of Proto Man’s abilities may differ from Mega Man’s. There is no story for Proto Man. Not compatible with Rankings and Challenges.
Sale Date: 6th October 2008
Wii Points: 200
Required Blocks: 2

Special Stage
Give you another Time Attack Stage to try, including a new Boss at the end! Results will be displayed in Rankings. Not compatible with Challenges.
Sale Date: 20th October 2008
Wii Points: 100
Required Blocks: 2

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wow, that's a lot of good stuff! I'll only be getting Proto Man, but that Special Stage and Endless Attack look very apealing.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Who's honestly going to beat Superhero mode? It sounds scary enough, and I HAVEN'T GOT THE FREAKING GAME YET.
All this MM9 talk is making me angry about release dates. I'll see you Friday, when I can join in better :D

Terra

Terra said:

Okay, so the game and the content total up to 1800 points. I'm not too interested in half of that content but at least we know there will be DLC for us. I imagine there will be more in the future

Ferret75

Ferret75 said:

I'm especially looking forward to the extra difficulties.

It's like MM2, but with a third as well. XD

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

@Dazza - those achievements and many more are present in the Wii version too... you just obviously don't get anything by achieving them aside from smug satisfaction! :p

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

I got the WiiWare 'conqueror' challenge credit without even trying. Yay me! :-p

Chipmunk777

Chipmunk777 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......... Even harder difficulties?? The new time attack level does sound awesome though!

ElectricSplash

ElectricSplash said:

OFG! All the DLC interests me, and i dont think is very expensive. Hope someday i have eneough money for purchase all.

DaVeMaN99

DaVeMaN99 said:

Endless and protoman for me :D.
I got my wii points right now and at home, i dont know why i didnt DL yet.
But i still dont know if i should get megaman 9 and super mario rpg,and i can then also get protoman mode, or get megaman 9, 2, and endless and protoman modes.
Help!!

calculon

calculon said:

Endless and Proto for me first, then Special Stage because it arrives the day after my birthday, yay!

Dark_Jinjo

Dark_Jinjo said:

Endless mode sounds awesome. This game is kicking my trash though, here's hoping I can beat it before the DLC arrives. Can we all encourage our friends to buy this game and send a message to Capcom, and hopefully Nintendo, that this kind of re-make is fantastic and appreciated. If this thing sells really well then maybe Nintendo will get around to making a classic Mario or Zelda; and then I could die happy.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Who wants to type up the challenges list for MM9 and get full credit on WWW for doing so? There are 50 of them so it will be a "challenge" to do it! :D

I'll get you started:

01 Waltz - Clear the game in 120 minutes or less

If you can email us the remaining 49 we'll be happy to publish them! :-p

Objection

Objection said:

@thewiirocks- Once again, good work, soldier! EDIT: Mmm...maybe not...
While I havent purchased any DLC yet, I'm glad to see it implemented and wouldnt mind seeing more for other games too. Its a nice optional way to put those extra points to use!

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@thewiirocks - Rejected, it's easy to type the challenge names without details. We were after the list of 50 challenges in full :-p

The first to email us with the complete list will get Mega Man 1 or 2 gifted to them on the Virtual Console (provided their Wii region is set to the USA). Who is man enough to take on this challenge?

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

In that case, you'll have to wait a bit. Or someone will beat me to it. One of those two! :P

You should have at least some of them in that list, though. Good if you end up doing a patchwork quilt. :)

-Regii

-Regii said:

Just one thing I wanted to make clear Dazza, I think that you are not able to change your continental Region anymore in the WIi settings, last time I tried all I got was European states.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Hmmm...I'm ok with DLC when the game has been out for a while and has gotten stale but DLC so soon? That means it's probably done already and should have come with the game instead of being sold separately. Man, I love you Capcom, but the crazy things you do.....

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Not yet, are you going to take on the challenge my eager friend? :-p

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

When were we ever able to change our Continental region, except for Australia?
AnyRegion Changer homebrew...you can change the shop country to well, anything ...though downloaded channels not form native regions will only work with a menu patch...

Terra

Terra said:

I'm not taking chances with anything Homebrew on the Wii, thanks for the info though.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Stop the press. WorryBomb has won the great WWW typing competition! :-p

Objection

Objection said:

@Dazza
Not to insult the winner here, but who the hell is WorryBomb? If you're a new member, welcome and CONGRATS! If not, still CONGRATS!

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

Thanks. It was like a "beat the clock" moment.

Apologies to x.SuperMario.x, hope it's cool.

Objection

Objection said:

@supermario
1st is worst, 2nd is best? Hey, good effort though. Only 3 people even tried as far as the threads show, so count yourself in that elite number!
@worrybomb Good job.
@Terranigma The prize is credit when the list is up as an article, methinks.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ worrybomb- It's cool.
I just wish I had my email up, so I would've known to stop typing. lol
But I never win anything. I think I'll go cry now...

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@x.SuperMario.x - Don't worry you can have a runner up prize of an NES game also :-p

The complete list will be up soon for all to see its magestic glory!

DaVeMaN99

DaVeMaN99 said:

Wait i was almost done too... that means i get a game too right? :P
Im just joshing i typed nothing. Game is awesome though, looking forward to the review.

Objection

Objection said:

@Terranigma
I counted Laa, Supermario and Worrybomb. Did I forget someone?
And apparently the prize is they gift you either MM1 or MM2!! Wish I could have tried even though I don't have MM9 as a source...

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Kewl. I think I'll DL everything except superhero mode. I'm a little scared of that one. :|

@Worrybomb. Nice work, comrade!

@x.supermario.x. Don't feel too bad. I never win anything either :P.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Mr. Cheez- It's okay.
The kind people at WWW have decided to reward me for my efforts. :)

Or they just felt really sorry for me. :P

Naturestee

Naturestee said:

Now this is how you do DLC! I'm really interested in Protoman with different abilities and stuff. And even harder settings are evil. Evilly awesome.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

I shall be purchasing all of these! I just beat Galaxy Man and got the Eco whatever challenge... I'll take all the Mega Man 9 I can get!

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Objection_Blaster-
I have Mega Man 2, so I'm wanting the original. No hurry though, because it'll take me quite some time to beat Mega Man 9. :P

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

My scale is going from easy (1) to hard (10).
Mega Man 2- 7/10
Mega Man 9- 8.5/10
It's a toughie. :P

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

@x.SuperMario.x
Yes, you've always been right about the MM2 difficulty, it ain't that hard, MM9, on the other hand, is, as others have mentioned, BRUTAL.

About the DLC, I'm won't buy the other difficulties, but I'm getting Protoman and the endless stage for sure.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Objection_Blaster- For me, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 gets a 10.
I don't know why, but I can't beat that game to save my life.
Anyone who knows me, knows I hate that game. :P
Other than that, I don't have too many problems with most games. Soldier Blade is a toughie, but I really haven't dedicated enough time to the game to accurately judge it.

@ Twilight Crow- Thanks. :)
MM9 is giving me problems too. Everyone keeps saying Galaxy Man is easy, but I can't beat that level either! :P
And yeah, the only DLC I'll be getting right away is Protoman and the endless stage.

mailanbr

mailanbr said:

Wow, so this is what it is for? And are we sure that this is to be next month? I can wait that long, just that I would like to know a certain date when that would come out.

Hm, and I also realized this will give me something to do with those useless 400 points _'

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@x.SuperMario.x

Oh yeah, Sonic 3! G-D that one is hard! I can't make it past Zone 3, even with Tails!

Also, Galaxy Man's stage is easy compared to the rest of the game, but that doesn't mean it's easy, it's still a considerable challenge, as you are well aware. I managed to beat him, but only because he's the type of boss I tend to do good against( hit one-twice then run away).

Edit: Okay, the rest of the game is much, much harder than Gravity Man's Stage!

tantrumario

tantrumario said:

Ihad to use an E tank to beat tornadoe man. Well i cant get that coffee achievment, but atleast i can get the kill all bosses with mega buster one.

dark_moogle

dark_moogle said:

....so wait, they are making people pay more just to play harder difficulty levels!?

No Capcom, just no. Am I the only one here who is not being blinded by the fact that this is Megaman 9? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here

said:

The DLC looks cool. As much as I don't like paying another $8, it's worth it and I can't wait. :)

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ dark moogle- The game is hard enough without the extra difficulty.
So why include that in the game, when few people will ever use it?
Instead, they made it DLC, make a few more bucks, and spend that on Mega Man 10. :p
Besides, gaming is expensive. If I worried about every little dollar I spent, I wouldn't have enjoyed half the games I have today.

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Bring on the enhanced difficulty modes. Once I've got the game down as is (as has always been the case with other Mega Man games: Fail, fail fail, fail fail... ooooo! got it, domination), I'll welcome the added challenge of two further difficulty modes. Not to mention those two extra stages! Both of them sound fantastic! Bring on the goodness!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

People complain about downloadable content but I prefer to look at it a different way. 1800 points is the full price of the full game. now obviously this would put some people off buying it and besides, a lot of people just aren't interested in the challenges. So Capcom offer a basic "econonomy" package which just includes the bare game and if parts of the full game appeal to you then you're welcome to have those too for a small price.

dark_moogle

dark_moogle said:

x.SuperMario.x - The point is the devs are charging additional money for something that is supposed to be included as an ingame extra. Just because I suck at old school games and played through Megaman 2 on normal mode instead of hard doesn't mean that other people don't want a challenge.

Call me an extremist but it wont be long now before the good people who called out EA for trying to charge real world $$$ for guns in Battlefield Bad Company are drowned out by the Nintendrones who are cheering because they can pay $5 to play as Luigi in Super Mario Universe.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Bass X0- Exactly.
Not to mention, we payed $50-$60 for a Mega Man game almost 20 years ago.
The fact that people are complaining over $15-$20 is completely laughable.

But I guess people will complain about anything. :P

ReaperJ21

ReaperJ21 said:

100% sure to get proto man mode :D i might get the other time attack stage if i have some extra since i already have 200 wii points left, and does any1 now how much it costs on wii?

WiX

WiX said:

Proto Man is must and the new special stage sounds really interesting too! And superhero mode? Holy crap, if the game is already so difficult... Good that Wiimotes have straps :D