Tetris Party - New Game Play Video!

Posted by Corbie Dillard

We already know that Hudson's Tetris Party will support the Wii Fit Balance Board as well as Wii Remote 'point and shoot' control. Couple that together with online play and 18 different game modes to choose from and what you have is a fairly impressive Tetris package overall.

We still don't have a firm release date for Tetris Party, but Hudson has said to expect the game sometime this Fall. You can check out the Official Tetris Party Site for more details on the game.

If you just can't get enough of the Tetris Party game play videos, you're in luck. We have a brand new video of the game in action to help tide you over until this newest rendition of Tetris hits the WiiWare service later this year.

If one video isn't enough for you, you can always check out the other Tetris Party videos courtesy of 1UP.

LorD_SyN_DracuL

LorD_SyN_DracuL said:

looks like fun, i'm so getting this game. any word on price? also, i thought hudson was only making the japanese version...

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

I'm liking the new modes so far. Looks like fun. I would love to see multiplayer in action next.

Tabbyluigi

Tabbyluigi said:

This game looks even better than before, this is going to be a great game, and when is the Strongbad review coming out?

Virus

Virus said:

I'm still watching this one, but that mode looked rather plain to me....

Loooca

Loooca said:

They haven't messed up with the music! I was quite worried about that. Well yeah, about the general gameplay and different modes, too; but mostly the original music. Can we have it already?

@Objection_Blaster:

Why yes, that would be a normal reaction of the people who spent hours (days) on it when it first came out on the Game Boy :D . Then again, puzzle games don't appeal to everyone.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I liked Tetris 20 years ago, but it's wearing pretty thin with me nowadays. Maybe this will inject some life into the series.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Tetris is so simple, yet addictingly fun.
I only hope at least 5 of the 18 modes are any good.

konkerdoodle

konkerdoodle said:

This is gonna make a ton of money on the service, considering it's a popular puzzle franchise. Just look at the success of Dr. Mario...

BlueRider

BlueRider said:

Yes i can't wait to play this game online!! i hope this game don't have stupid ranking points if it does then oh well i still play it but it will be better without it

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

As surprising as this may be, I've never owned an actual copy of Tetris and am looking forward to this......or should I? Can anyone tell me the differences between this version and the already out DS version?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I never had an actual copy either. I played it free on the internet. at school, and on a calculator, and I loved those, but I never had any other iteration of the game. Good thing they came out with this, especially considering how expensive the DS one is getting.

@Tides of Chaos

Ten more modes, some of which look fun; up to six people online, instead of 4; various control options; Wiiware only costs ten bucks.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Forget StrongBad, Plattchen and even LostWinds2, THIS is my most anticipated WW game right now. In fact, I'm more excited about this than any other game this year, including COD, ACCF and GHWT

Yasume

Yasume said:

Probably not worth your money if you already own Tetris DS. The only WiiWare games I'm looking forward to are:

Bomberman Blast
LostWinds 2
Mega Man 9
Shantae
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

opeter

opeter said:

But i don't have a DS. So i'm looking forward to this. Hopefully we get it before winter hollydays.

calculon

calculon said:

Only the Shadow mode has sold me so far and ONLY if it has online versus. Oh and 100+ puzzles and animations on completion ala Picross.

Foamyfan231

Foamyfan231 said:

I can't wait for this game. I know people already have Tetris DS but I can't wait to get my hands on 18 game modes. I just hope they don't suck. for 18 modes and online multiplayer 1000 wii points is worth the cost

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

My most anticipated game period as well. This game looks so good. I mean 18 modes for a WiiWare title? If that doesn't say "Must buy," I don't know what does. I know XC season started, so it's fall in my mind. Let's see this baby!

@ Objection_Blaster :( (Hey you asked for it)