Strong Badia the Free - Trailer And Screenshots

Posted by Darren Calvert

For those of our readers who enjoyed Strong Bad episode 1, you will no doubt be itching to hear more about episode 2 in the series ‘Strong Badia the Free’. Worry not today we can reveal 8 new images and the official trailer for the second installment.

When Strong Bad fails to obey the King of Town's totally unfair email tax, he's placed under house arrest. Once freed from his wrongful imprisonment, Strong Bad goes on a mission to unite the local warring factions under the Strong Badian flag. Is Free Country USA ready for such an awesome ruler?

Strong Badia the Free will be available on WiiWare sometime in September. Watch this space for the latest Strong Bad news.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

i'll be in the minority but i just don't want to play any of the strong bad games. i was never familar with the homerunner cartoon online.

LAA

LAA said:

YAY!
You get to go to Strong Sad's room in the next episode!
You also see Homesar in this one too! (In the 1st you just hear him)

Yeah, Definately a shower.

You also see like a funeral for homestar,
I doubt hes really dead though.
Its in the 1st screenshot, you just see a picture of homestar on the floor, so hes either dead or done something good.

mod: please edit your posts rather than doing multiple posts. (see top-right above your comment)

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

@Apocalypse:
Yes, but by doing this WWW is able to spread out the limited SBCG4AP advertising material and generate more interest in the ongoing series.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

I don't know if it's because I've only been watching the older cartoons of Homestar but their voices sounded kind of off in this trailer. Is this that problem that they said was credited to Flash having different audio filters than what they use for video games?

danik

danik said:

cant say ive been interested or even tempted to get the first one but be good for people who really like it, just doesnt seem worth it to me.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I still have to get the first one as well, since I can't free up any blocks at the moment (grrrr).

David77

David77 said:

Don't care about this absolut mess. I have the first episode and it's the worst graphic adventure since , well, ever.

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

I want point n click, but I'm not sure about Strongbad. Anyone played the Wii version of Sam & Max? Is it any good?

Objection

Objection said:

@Wariofan Yeah thats the Telltale game I want. I may get this for PC though. My friend got it and it seemed decent, even if Strongbad gets alil annoying after the first hour.

Virus

Virus said:

No matter how much this hurts my fanboyism, I'll probably hold out on these next four games and then get the best of the bunch. I think two games will be enough for me. Still, Homsar's appearance is nothing but epic. He's the one character everyone can relate to...well...maybe just me...

WeeGee

WeeGee said:

it looks like Strong Sad is going to have a bigger part in this. Oh, and I recommend just deleting the first episode once the next one comes out.

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

I just noticed that the photo in one of the screenshots is of Colonel Homestar Runner! Awesome! The Homestarmy is great!

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

i've never really given the cartoon a chance, is this funny at all? it looks really lame...

Bigby

Bigby said:

If its anywere as bad as the 1st one, ill be passing on the rest of the series...

MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho said:

"You get to go to Strong Sad's room in the next episode!"
You can go into Strong Sad's room in episode 1 too. You just have to do one little thing that most of us most likely skipped: play the tutorial!

"In Strong Sad's room there was a open door, which either looked like a shower or another room..."
Behind Strong Sad from the camera's point of view? I thought that was a closet. (You can't interact with anything in it in the tutorial anyway though. There's also a closed door on the opposite side of the room (not visible at all in the main game) that you can't interact with.)

Edit: Having actually looked at the screenshots now... Yes, that appears to be the closed door I mentioned, opened up to reveal a bathroom.