Official Potpourrii Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Abstraction Games has released the official trailer for their upcoming WiiWare puzzler Potpourrii. While the video is fairly short, it at least gives some indication of how the game is played.

Potpourrii is set in an old tree stump where you must take control of the spirit cannon and use it to help the tiny leprechauns restore strength to the magic tree. There are four different spirits, each corresponding to a specific season, that you must fire from your cannon in an attempt to restore order to the seasons that the evil Warlock has thrown into utter chaos using his black magic.

In this official game play trailer you'll also get the chance to see some of the impressive storybook visuals, along with the whimsical music and sound effects the game features. There's still not a lot of information available about this unique puzzler, but rest assured, we'll have more information on this upcoming WiiWare title as it becomes available.

If you just can't get enough of Potpourrii, you can also check out our interview with Ralph Egas of Abstraction Games.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ andy - I'm feeling the same way. The more I see it in action, the more intrigued I become. I'm a sucker for a fun puzzler anyway. :)

andy836

andy836 said:

@Corbie
yeah and the multiplayer mode looks fun. I'll probably get it i like puzzle games quite a bit... good for the mind lol

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

I'm sticking to my original idea..
This looks like it could be a mini-game in Okami.

SlapStic_com

SlapStic_com said:

Looks fun, but It's extremely hard to convince me to drop my dead presidents on a puzzle game.

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

This looks like multiplayer would be the way to play. I'm not sure why anyone would play single player unless they didn't have anyone around.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

This game kind of looks like Zuma. It doesn't look good enough to waste money and storage space on though. I guess it looks mildly interesting, but I'll only get it if it's cheap.

The Music and Visuals are nice and relaxing, I'll give it that.

@slapstic.com. Alright, a fellow Dig Dug fan! ;)
Or are you just a fan of 8-bit art?

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Im not too bothered by this game, but hey us Brits just had a good wiiware week, that should tie us over until something thats interests me comes along.

I dont know exactly what I dont like about the game, I just think it doesnt catch my attention rather than actually being a bad game #cough# PONG TOSS #cough#

Objection

Objection said:

Wow that WAS short. I'm not really impressed. It seems too similar to Zuma and Bust-A-Move (I think) and the only creativeness is the cosmetics. IMO ;)

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I think that this is going to be a good puzzler, so long as it doesn't cost too much and it has a lot of extra modes and features. Might get this if it turns out to be good.

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

Ah WiiWare.. The puzzler player's dream platform! Looks like another worthy addition to the ranks. Although, with so many puzzle games, it may be hard to find an audience. Except, of course, those who devour puzzle games and have an unending appetite for more, more, *more*!

Olimar_91

Olimar_91 said:

I like the artstyle, but I'm hoping it has more to it than what is shown in the video. I'm reserving judgement for now, hopefully this one turns out good.

bwaybuddy26

bwaybuddy26 said:

I LOVE Bust-A-Move clones. Seriously, I am excited for this one, because I don't want to spend money on a retail game like Bust-A-Move Bash when I can get a more creative spin on the title for cheaper.